Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

There are many things in the Universe beyond our control. Here's a simple example:
A single gamma ray burst too close to the earth and we are DONE, and there's nothing all of humanity could do about it.

They could pray to their god(s) to prevent such a catastrophe in the first place . . . crazy

Originally Posted by johnn
Why would a loving god condemn a man of low intelligence because he didnt have faith?

Because modern Christianity is about control and power.

Note to johnn:

Faith is not a matter intellect, but a matter of “the heart.” One does not have to be “intelligent” to develop a relationship with Jesus. I personally know some very fine Christian men that would not be thought of as “intelligent.” They are however, thought to be “wise.”

Further, I have heard some say that a man who thinks himself to be “smart” is at a disadvantage when it come to salvation as his pride and ego get in the way. Maybe one would rather be dumb and humble than smart and prideful.

Quite a few teachings on this in the Bible.

Btw.... one does not have to understand how the earth was formed, created or what it is destined for to be saved. It’s a heart matter.... honest seeking, repentant, placing oneself before Jesus.... and asking.

See justified tax collector or thief on the cross.

Follow on thought:

A little bit melodramatic, but true...here’s the short version.

A young person came to me once. Upset and unhappy that they were not “smart” like the other young folk. Also upset that there were some very real psychiatric issues present that were making life difficult.

I asked this person to think about a poor boy with crippled up legs and in a wheelchair. I asked if when this boy died and went to be with Jesus, if he would still be crippled up. She was aghast and told me No!

So, I asked if the brains that people had were all equal? ......”No, some are smart and some not smart, and some like “me” are goofed up.” Ok, the brain is a physical organ, and your brain like that young boy’s legs will be healed and ok, in heaven. The light came on and there was hope.

Now, some of you will immediately castigate me for giving some kid false hope in something that is not true....and telling them lies. Nope, that is rejected. Search the Scriptures about this.

Also, let me go a step further....... I would not be surprised at all, if in Heaven, we are all “smart.” I expect we will all have the same intellectual capacity. I think it might be this way; on earth, some of us are “5’s” on the intelligence scale. Some of us may be “2’s” ... But in heaven, we will all be “100’s.”

One more and I will quit.... “.....ain’t nobody gonna be ugly in heaven!”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”