Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

There are many things in the Universe beyond our control. Here's a simple example:
A single gamma ray burst too close to the earth and we are DONE, and there's nothing all of humanity could do about it.

They could pray to their god(s) to prevent such a catastrophe in the first place . . . crazy

Originally Posted by johnn
Why would a loving god condemn a man of low intelligence because he didnt have faith?

Because modern Christianity is about control and power.

Note to johnn:

Faith is not a matter intellect, but a matter of “the heart.” One does not have to be “intelligent” to develop a relationship with Jesus. I personally know some very fine Christian men that would not be thought of as “intelligent.” They are however, thought to be “wise.”

Further, I have heard some say that a man who thinks himself to be “smart” is at a disadvantage when it come to salvation as his pride and ego get in the way. Maybe one would rather be dumb and humble than smart and prideful.

Quite a few teachings on this in the Bible.

Btw.... one does not have to understand how the earth was formed, created or what it is destined for to be saved. It’s a heart matter.... honest seeking, repentant, placing oneself before Jesus.... and asking.

See justified tax collector or thief on the cross.

What about the Faith of the Muslims, or Hindus, or Shinto's, Buddhist, or Ásatruar. If Faith is a pathway to truth, who can you claim yours is true and theirs is not. Since these faiths are mutually exclusive, how do you tell which one is true?

Legit question. Examine the evidence available to you and then honestly seek an answer from God. But, check that answer with Scipture.... if it squares, continue on..... if it does not square, it is false and you may be hearing a satanic being or even an echo of your own mind.

For me, it Takes two witnesses..... One, internal from the Spirit and a confirming one from the Bible.

Oh and btw..... I know all about hearing an echo of my own desire. Paid the price for it as well.

Why the Bible and not the Koran or the Vedas, or Tripitaka?

Well, we have been over this before. Complex subject I suppose, but this is the ‘Fire and twitter commo rules seem to apply. You may want to do an internet search of how to find Jesus..... or encountering God. It would be worthwhile as there are key verses that add depth to my words.

To start with, it seems to me that God deals with us as individuals. Honest seekers get their own “individual pathway” to God......My experience will not be your experience and vice versa. And while our relative experiences and timetables may be different, there does seem to a commonality of experience. Makes sense as we are all different from one another but God,is still God as he presents Himself to us.

So, here are some thoughts....God will be found by the honest seeker. There will be a call to the inner man and a way of knowing. I have ... at times...been “unsettled” in my soul and later realized God was nudging, warning, encouraging a specific action etc God speaking to me in my spirit if you will. It has been referred to it as the “inner man.” As, I said previously, some care must be taken to be sure it is God doing the talking. Seeking God and recognizing His reply seems simple, but often we let our own issues, sin and desire get in the way and our “spiritual ears” don’t hear. But, God is patient and He loves us and so will deal with us according to His love and keeping our weaknesses in mind. Thank God for that!

Keys are honest seeking....,ask God to reveal Himself.... and ardent listening. Then an honest response to God.

But what about the other religions? They are false and may lead men astray. The honest seeker will recognize their emptiness.

One great difference is it seems to be that all other religions teach one how to be more pleasing to God, or to this or do that so that one will found worthy. Short version.... salvation is dependent upon the individual working to become “good enough” for God.....you work to make yourself worthy of entering into some deity’s presence or achieve some higher level.

Christianity is completely different. There is nothing you can do to earn your salvation, it is a gift.... from God to you. Seek, listen with the ears of the inner man....see yourself honestly as you stand before God... humble yourself, ask and thank Him. Christianity is unique in this. God, by His blood and sacrifice.... makes you holy.

Now there will be some that say “well, you had to ask for salvation and forgiveness, so isn’t that the same as working for one’s acceptance from god?” The answer is no it is not. God offers a gift, you just reach out and accept it. Recognize God for who He is and see yourself as you really are.

Remember, this is not a mental exercise.... it is not an “intellectual” endeavor. The Pharisees were “....wise in their own eyes....”. They were haughty, proud and self righteous. Not honest seekers. Likely did not turn out well for those that cherished those ideas about themselves.

Got the exact same answer from a Muslim once. You 100% sure you got the right religion? We all make mistakes don't we?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell