Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Come on SH,

Noah's World Wide Flood. Historical, or not?

sorry, stepped away to eat supper and watch "The Stalking Moon" with my wife. (Gregory Peck movie)
And, it's now time for bed.

But to answer your question, the Hebrew words "adamah" and "erets" can mean mean either ground, land, region, or the whole earth.
I can see where some would believe that it was a regional flood and I can see how some would believe it is a worldwide flood.

But, as I read Genesis 6-7, I believe it is the whole earth.

If that makes you want to make fun of me, feel free, lol, I likely deserve some ribbing....... Maybe Ringman will let me go to heaven for believing in a literal worldwide flood.

SH, thanks for academic, and honest response.

The reason I asked I'm just trying to peg your location on the spectrum of beliefs disconnected from reality due to religion.

So far I have you at, Micro, but no macro evolution, Literal world wide flood, but days in Genesis are not literal, so you are not necessarily a young earth creationist. Please correct me where I'm wrong regarding your beliefs.

Based on your understanding of reality, how old is the earth, and how old is the local presentation of this Universe?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell