Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
Originally Posted by DBT
Yet there is dispute between pastors on matters of theology.

which is why the Bible demands that Christians study Scripture to make sure that a teacher's message does not contradict Scripture.

Then what's the point of teachers?

People are predisposed to either perceive the truth (the message of salvation) rightly or falsely, and beyond childhood, don't need a human teacher, per se.

Scripture says that teachers are to teach the Word. Believers are to listen, but to "fact check" their message with Scripture to make sure their message is true.
Paul commended the Bereans for doing just that.

I'm a pastor, but there are other teachers I listen to, but I don't automatically believe everything that anyone says. If it contradicts Scripture, I will discount it.

Teaching/Preaching is the exercise of taking God's Word and applying its principles to today's world in an effort to inspire, exhort, reprove, warn, and enlighten believers. The job of the teacher is to lift the Words of Scripture off the pages of the Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to work in the heart and mind of the believer/hearer.

You can't help but contradict yourself almost everytime you post. You choose falible men's opinion over God's clear Word.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter