Hop To
Page 67 of 95 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 94 95
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Bowsinger, this has been explained to you many times and yet you choose to not listen. Now it is time for you to quit this and be quiet while we pray for you. God knows you need all the help you can get.

Keep telling yourself GOD is cheering those buds of yours who kicked HIM out of our schools and push homosexuality on the kids and pushed abortion and now push infanticide. Keep drinking your mind numbing kool--aid.

There will be a great gnashing....

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/09/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB4

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Etoh
Genetics was used by the Egyptians and they used Fibonacci sequences as their "algebra" to explain the mechanics.

some Biology (outdated taxonomy) uses as their "algebra" to explain differences, or when their is a difference -- the math of Bertrand Russell -- Set Theory, or Boolean type logic
instead of Fuzzy Logic of Zadeh, as in when does a cat become a dog.

like comparing apples and oranges hmmm

apples and oranges have more in common than not in common

same size
same weight
almost same amt. of carbohydrates
both have seeds
both can be cut with a knife.

Whatever you're on must be really good.

This is another really good example of set theory dogma.

most folks think that a set has something in it,, but there is an empty set called the Null Set --- nothing there zero, this is a living example

it also forms the basis of the Null Hypothesis, used in probability theory,, simply stating that this much empty cant exist so the opposite must exist.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

same size
same weight
both have seeds
both can be cut with a knife. [/quote]

So, im wondering what was the reason for the driving force to make them become more specialized, or different if you will.

Was there a driving need for a fruit that was more acidic, I mean, other than an intelligent plan to make more variety for man?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

same size
same weight
both have seeds

Perhaps, in the least eloquent manner possible, you could answer a question.

These apples and oranges....despite all they have in common, can they (or have they ever) produce(d) fruit with each other?

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Genetics was used by the Egyptians and they used Fibonacci sequences as their "algebra" to explain the mechanics.

some Biology (outdated taxonomy) uses as their "algebra" to explain differences, or when their is a difference -- the math of Bertrand Russell -- Set Theory, or Boolean type logic
instead of Fuzzy Logic of Zadeh, as in when does a cat become a dog.

same size
same weight
both have seeds

Whatever you're on must be really good.

This is another really good example of set theory dogma.

most folks think that a set has something in it,, but there is an empty set called the Null Set --- nothing there zero, this is a living example

it also forms the basis of the Null Hypothesis, used in probability theory,, simply stating that this much empty cant exist so the opposite must exist.

Ha ha ha ha ha! grin

- Socrates
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
It’s a common misinterpretation of evolution to think that humans were lineally descended from existing species of apes. Some people think that a fossil ape-man or man-ape seems necessary in order to ‘prove’ evolution. Today it is widely recognized that the relationship of modern humans to the present species of apes is through common ancestors ‘rather’ than through direct descent.

I heard an evolutionist in lecture say something like, "If we could find the common ancestor of man and ape it would look like an ape."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by RayF

same size
same weight
both have seeds

Perhaps, in the least eloquent manner possible, you could answer a question.

These apples and oranges....despite all they have in common, can they (or have they ever) produce(d) fruit with each other?

Don't think Delicious and Naval have got it on, although I know they set beside each other at the store.
Positive that Envy and Tangerines have, how else could Mandarins be so much better.
Pretty sure Honeycrisp has been seeing Grapefruit

to answer directly yes they can produce , if you would like to donate to my genetics lab we can finish question up a the Myriad genetics lab in SLC

not sure what the point would be though

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s a common misinterpretation of evolution to think that humans were lineally descended from existing species of apes. Some people think that a fossil ape-man or man-ape seems necessary in order to ‘prove’ evolution. Today it is widely recognized that the relationship of modern humans to the present species of apes is through common ancestors ‘rather’ than through direct descent.
I heard an evolutionist in lecture say something like, "If we could find the common ancestor of man and ape it would look like an ape."
That’s contrary to the scientific consensus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

I heard a Parathenogenist say, If we could find the common ancestor of man and ape it would like a tree. Whats your point?

The question assumes a exclusive set of arguments.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

if you would like to donate to my genetics lab we can finish question up a the Myriad genetics lab in SLC

A genetics lab in SLC. With D-way so close, I’d imagine genetics efforts in that area are quite interesting.

- Socrates
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bowsinger, this has been explained to you many times and yet you choose to not listen. Now it is time for you to quit this and be quiet while we pray for you. God knows you need all the help you can get.

I am just a simpleton and have no idea exactly what has been explained to me or anyone else on this thread. The old Bible thread was better. So many Biblical contradictions got posted on there, it was almost embarrassing.
Even I did not know or remember how bloodthirsty the Old Testament really was. Jesus’s old Man was a real SOB. He would have fit well on the ‘Fire.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That’s contrary to the scientific consensus.

Science is not based on consensus. Science is based on observation and repeatability. Creation and evolution are exactly the same: Both happened in the past and are taken on faith. Therefore it is incumbent upon the observers to set aside their biases, as much as is possible, and search for the most likely "facts". That's why evolutionists become creationists and not the reverse.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx

same size
same weight
both have seeds

So, im wondering what was the reason for the driving force to make them become more specialized, or different if you will.

[/quote]

Didn't you ever go to high school? Those so-called similarities are shared by all fruits that evolved to have their seeds spread by herbivores.

What was the driving force? A random genetic mutation occurs. Mostly it has no value and does not propogate through the species. If it has some survival value, more offspring will have that variation and it will become more standard.

An example is white skin. Homo sapiens all had dark skin until perhaps 8,000 years ago. A light skin mutation quickly spread through European Homo sapiens (your ancestors) because it helps UV radiation from the sun produce more Vitamin D. Those with the light skin mutation survived to produce more offspring. That's why you're "white." Dark skin is better for survival in the tropics.

Homo neanderthal, which separated from your stock a lot earlier, developed a different mutation for white skin. There are many other examples.

If the Caucasian and Negro races remained separate for a few hundred thousand years (which won't happen), they would each acquire a different genetic load through mutations that would eventually prevent them from interbreeding.

Evolution is as simple as that and that's how different species arise.

Sometimes different species which are somewhat closely interrelated can interbreed. Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthal, for instance. Wolves and dogs in the wild. Lions and tigers (but not in the wild). Horses and donkeys (though the offspring are infertile). But those of more genetic distande, such as dogs and cats, cannot interbreed.

Could humans and chim-panzees interbreed? Asking that question would certainly be forbidden. The two branches diverged about 7,000,000 years ago so the answer is probably no.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

I am just a simpleton and have no idea exactly what has been explained to me or anyone else on this thread. The old Bible thread was better. So many Biblical contradictions got posted on there, it was almost embarrassing.
Even I did not know or remember how bloodthirsty the Old Testament really was. Jesus’s old Man was a real SOB. He would have fit well on the ‘Fire.

If justice were to prevail over tyranny in this country, there would be blood flowing bridle length....uh, nevermind.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Science is not based on consensus.
lol

Nobody said it was.

Science is based on observation and repeatability.
And the general agreement...overwhelmingly...in science, based on observation and repeatability, supports evolution.

Evolution is zero threat to the faith of SO many Jesus followers; why does it appear to be such a threat to your faith...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by jaguartx

same size
same weight
both have seeds

Didn't you ever go to high school? Those so-called similarities are shared by all fruits that evolved to have their seeds spread by herbivores.

What was the driving force? A random genetic mutation occurs. Mostly it has no value and does not propogate through the species. If it has some survival value, more offspring will have that variation and it will become more standard.

An example is white skin. Homo sapiens all had dark skin until perhaps 8,000 years ago. A light skin mutation quickly spread through European Homo sapiens (your ancestors) because it helps UV radiation from the sun produce more Vitamin D. Those with the light skin mutation survived to produce more offspring. That's why you're "white." Dark skin is better for survival in the tropics.

Homo neanderthal, which separated from your stock a lot earlier, developed a different mutation for white skin. There are many other examples.

If the Caucasian and Negro races remained separate for a few hundred thousand years (which won't happen), they would each acquire a different genetic load through mutations that would eventually prevent them from interbreeding.

Evolution is as simple as that and that's how different species arise.

Sometimes different species which are somewhat closely interrelated can interbreed. Homo sapiens and Homo neanderthal, for instance. Wolves and dogs in the wild. Lions and tigers (but not in the wild). Horses and donkeys (though the offspring are infertile). But those of more genetic distande, such as dogs and cats, cannot interbreed.

Could humans and chim-panzees interbreed? Asking that question would certainly be forbidden. The two branches diverged about 7,000,000 years ago so the answer is probably no.

[/quote]

So, the first human born from a [bleep] couldnt interbreed with its sibling of the opposite sex? I suppose it was just good luck another such human of the same genetic mutation but of the opposite sex was dropped by a monkey in an adjoining tree. Then they grew up bossom buds and made whoopi. From there we were off to the proverbial races, as different as they would soom prove to be.

Im sorry you are so stuck to unproven science you havent the ability to delve into theoretical philosophy without being thrown out of yout circadian rythm.

Now, tell me how the Bell Curve doesnt really pass scientic muster. As i expected, so much for your love of science.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/09/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I thought science proved that as time progressed, things became less specialized.

Put tame feral pigs in the forest for generations and they eventually revert back to the hogs they were originally. IOW, less specialized.

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
main difference between apples and oranges is citric acid.

once man figured out they needed Vit C, oranges (citrus fruit) was carried wherever shipping went.

apples meh, high fructose, requiring ATP and purines spells gout.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
main difference between apples and oranges is citric acid.

once man figured out they needed Vit C, oranges (citrus fruit) was carried wherever shipping went.

apples meh, high fructose, requiring ATP and purines spells gout.

Yes, but how did apples know to become oranges because man needed Vit C. The apple came first . Remember, there was an apple tree in the Garden of Eden. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Todays science is, unfortunately ,a consensus

reasons being it is not science, but technology ----- there is a difference.

Not one great scientific idea or breakthrough was done by consensus.

somebody had a revelation, an epiphany, call it what you want, and all the players lined up. it was because they "knew" science (at least up to that point in history) more players lined up

Page 67 of 95 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,219
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.