Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
I can keep this thing stirred up. Just watch.

Miranda is a Supreme Court sanctioned jobs program for unemployeed lawyers!

What is probable cause? A car dealership plate seen on the road after 11:00 p.m.

A pickup pulling a boat leaving a lake after dark.

Long hairs anytime and anywhere.

Any vehicle moving at 2:05 a.m.

Being black in a white neighborhood.

Red necks in old pickups anytime or anywhere.

A paper sack in a college kids hands coming out of a convenience store.

One in 10 drivers is under suspension. Traffic stops 1 through 9 is just a numbers game looking for number 10.

All LEO's like looking dumb in front of your wife and kids by making bogus stops.

Is this a good start? Did I leave anything out? I hate to see this thing end after only 6 or 7 pages. smile kwg

You did good!

Technically, with 50 posts per page, we're still on page 3. laugh

War Damn Eagle!

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Actually, he left out one factoid. I won't mention it, because in my opinion, the rhetoric has not been elevated to that point. Just as well. It's been fun and I hope you've learned something from all this. grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
S
if you want to know what being hasseled by traffic cops really is drive a semi for a living, as soon as you get a CDL you surrender even the right to demand a searh warrant for your truck when stopped plus they dont need probable cause either.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
[quote=Foxbat]Just because he immerses himself in scum and dishonorable people
=================================================================

That's a lie!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I resented that at first too, Isaac. But then I realized he wasn't talking about us. grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Interestingly, and in order to add a post to keep this thing rolling, we installed video cams in most of our cruisers and most of the "He stopped me for no reason" complaints stopped after the first year of reviewing the tapes with the complaintants....Word got out that we had them and the bogus complaints stopped....Not saying that every complaint has gone away, but about 95 percent of the time when the tapes are reviewed, the compalintant goes away....Several times kids have gone home and told great stories to their parents, who come down in a rage right up until the tape is shown of little Johnny doing just what the officer has alleged....The current videos are really nice...the officer can not erase them as they are digital on a hard drive and start 30 seconds before the stop, so almost always the reason for the stop is captured....

Last edited by sgt217; 06/25/07. Reason: missed a letter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got worked over a bit when I was a smart mouth seventeen year old by a Texas Deputy. SOB was a distant relative too. I wised off and he taught me some "respect for the law"
Years later when I wasn't a kid and he wasn't a cop we danced again. He learned something about "respect for a long memory"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The final straw in my decision to become a cop came at the hand of a corrupt, small county, law enforcement agency. They are all in federal custody now.

I have found that "idle hands are the devil's workshop" when it comes to law enforcement. While there are literally hundreds of thousands of big city cops, state troopers and small town cops are much more likely to be "bad".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Do they ever lie?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by sgt217
Interestingly, and in order to add a post to keep this thing rolling, we installed video cams in most of our cruisers and most of the "He stopped me for no reason" complaints stopped after the first year of reviewing the tapes with the complaintants....Word got out that we had them and the bogus complaints stopped....Not saying that every complaint has gone away, but about 95 percent of the time when the tapes are reviewed, the compalintant goes away....Several times kids have gone home and told great stories to their parents, who come down in a rage right up until the tape is shown of little Johnny doing just what the officer has alleged....The current videos are really nice...the officer can not erase them as they are digital on a hard drive and start 30 seconds before the stop, so almost always the reason for the stop is captured....

Course that can cut two ways. Perhaps officers are less likely to pull someone over for a BS charge if they are on camera. I personally wish that was mandatory in every jurisdiction. For the Officers sake and the public's.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I already answered that. My units are in the business of investigating organized crime and dope. It is quite common for us to use patrol officers to stop suspects and identify them, then direct them to tell them they were stopped for a traffic offense. Do they have probable cause? Absolutely. Do we lie and tell them the stop was for something else? Absolutely.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Course that can cut two ways. Perhaps officers are less likely to pull someone over for a BS charge if they are on camera. I personally wish that was mandatory in every jurisdiction. For the Officers sake and the public's.

It is mandatory everywhere in the State of Texas.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The final straw in my decision to become a cop came at the hand of a corrupt, small county, law enforcement agency. They are all in federal custody now.

I have found that "idle hands are the devil's workshop" when it comes to law enforcement. While there are literally hundreds of thousands of big city cops, state troopers and small town cops are much more likely to be "bad".

Interesting. I would have thought Troopers were a cut above. Guess I got spoiled in Florida where most of ours were pretty fair. In Florida you only worry about municipal cops for this stuff, the County Sheriffs and Troopers in my opinion are pretty decent.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Foxbat

It is mandatory everywhere in the State of Texas.

That's good for everyone IMO.
My wife's assistant is a former Atlanta cop and she said that in Georgia they must show you the radar readout if you ask. I am curious to find out if that is the case in Tennessee. That is something that should be mandatory as well. Hell if my wife goes into court on a malpractice case without an xray, the judge ain't taking her word, why should a word alone be good from a cop? Make video and printouts of radar/lidar mandatory. All this stuff goes away.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Do they ever lie?

ltppowel,

You said it just right...the small town/county cops/deputies that have to "make work" are the ones to fear usually. Those that don't have to look for something to do are usually better to deal with.

BB,

If you want to get to brass tacks...the SCOTUS says police can lie to obtain a confession. Certainly they can lie about why they stopped you if they don't ticket or arrest you.

Last edited by .280Rem; 06/25/07.

War Damn Eagle!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's all I said, it sounded like the cop lied.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
That's all I said, it sounded like the cop lied.

And your point is?

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have you ever read my signature?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tracks
I got worked over a bit when I was a smart mouth seventeen year old by a Texas Deputy. SOB was a distant relative too. I wised off and he taught me some "respect for the law"
Years later when I wasn't a kid and he wasn't a cop we danced again. He learned something about "respect for a long memory"

Now that'sa a Colorado Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by .280Rem
the SCOTUS says police can lie to obtain a confession. Certainly they can lie about why they stopped you if they don't ticket or arrest you.

I absolutely hate that ruling--classic neo-con thinking.......it goes against every American value in my opinion.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,193
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.