Print Thread
Hop To
Page 92 of 95 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 95
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
well, never mind, don't do the word study. it'd be a waste of your time because you have your preconceived mind already made up.

That might apply to you maybe? DBT just pointed out the facts.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB4

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
DBT is a liar, not God.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by TF49
Do a word study on love in the OT. It will surprise you

Also do a study on Jesus and his judgement and wrath. It will greatly surprise you.

Wrath in the New Testament is a pale shadow compared to wrath in the Old Testament.

Psalm 137:9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

We went through this before. You must have missed it. As I recall that discussion..... This is a prophecy.... a foretelling .... Of the fall and subsequent destruction of Babylon. When an oppressed people have victory over a hated enemy..... as was common in those days, they get atrociously violent. “Happy are they who,,,,”. This is the result of warfare and violent times. They were indeed “happy” in their vengeance.

Your implication that it is “wrath” of God is simply in error. It is a description of event that were to come....

Go back and review if you like.

I posted early on this thread that turning this into New vs Old Testament debate has been done before.

You are right that they lived in violent times, but that is no excuse for claiming that God told them to commit genocide.

“Wrath of God” is central and interwoven in Biblical teachings. There is a awful lot of that in the Bible.

And this is not prophecy nor foretelling:
Exodus 12:29-30: At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where someone was not dead.

Re: Psalm 137:9....Do you think that God told ”them” to commit genocide?

If not God...then who?

Been quite awhile since I looked at this, but.....

My view is that an oppressed people, people who had been victimized by Babylon for a loooong time...finally conquered .....And those who were victorious..... not the the Jewish people.... rejoiced in their victory and were “happy” in their vengeance.

Think for a moment..... can one come up with similar situations and circumstances in the last 120 years?

I once shared a hospital room with an old Australian who had been involved with fighting the Japanese. He still hated them and was pretty well ok with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

This is likely a simple foretelling of Babylon’s ruin.

You seem to be assuming that God told them to do the evil deeds. Why would one conclude that?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
DBT is a liar, not God.

That didn't take long. When all else fails, make false accusations about your opponent, the last line of defense when you have no rational argument.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Do a word study on love in the OT. It will surprise you

Also do a study on Jesus and his judgement and wrath. It will greatly surprise you.

Wrath in the New Testament is a pale shadow compared to wrath in the Old Testament.

Psalm 137:9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

We went through this before. You must have missed it. As I recall that discussion..... This is a prophecy.... a foretelling .... Of the fall and subsequent destruction of Babylon. When an oppressed people have victory over a hated enemy..... as was common in those days, they get atrociously violent. “Happy are they who,,,,”. This is the result of warfare and violent times. They were indeed “happy” in their vengeance.

Your implication that it is “wrath” of God is simply in error. It is a description of event that were to come....

Go back and review if you like.

I posted early on this thread that turning this into New vs Old Testament debate has been done before.

You are right that they lived in violent times, but that is no excuse for claiming that God told them to commit genocide.

“Wrath of God” is central and interwoven in Biblical teachings. There is a awful lot of that in the Bible.

And this is not prophecy nor foretelling:
Exodus 12:29-30: At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he and all his servants and all the Egyptians. And there was a great cry in Egypt, for there was not a house where someone was not dead.

Re: Psalm 137:9....Do you think that God told ”them” to commit genocide?

If not God...then who?

Been quite awhile since I looked at this, but.....

My view is that an oppressed people, people who had been victimized by Babylon for a loooong time...finally conquered .....And those who were victorious..... not the the Jewish people.... rejoiced in their victory and were “happy” in their vengeance.

Think for a moment..... can one come up with similar situations and circumstances in the last 120 years?

I once shared a hospital room with an old Australian who had been involved with fighting the Japanese. He still hated them and was pretty well ok with Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

This is likely a simple foretelling of Babylon’s ruin.

You seem to be assuming that God told them to do the evil deeds. Why would one conclude that?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
HE said all men are liars. Ive found that to be the case also. I didnt say you were the only one. All men are liars, not GOD.

Book it. Sorry you dont like it or agree with it.

Come on, tell us another lie and say you never lied.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I am assuming that the Bible is quoting God who told them to do those evil deeds...
Samuel 15:3 ESV Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction[a] all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus gives us a new ethic. The OT law is no longer the moral compass. The old covenant itself has been fulfilled and ended...the entire system of laws that defined the relationship with God and His people, is no longer in effect. God gave us something better in Jesus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
I am assuming that the Bible is quoting God who told them to do those evil deeds...
Samuel 15:3 ESV Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. 3 Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction[a] all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’

Gen Westmoreland had a similar idea about China, iirc.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Well, no, assuming that the Bible always quotes God is not right. I have read Jewish writings that use passages from Job to support certain of their theologies. Interestingly, they use quotes from Job’s friends.... clearly not from God. The use statements from Job’s friends .... it is not God speaking nor being quoted.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

There are numerous commentaries on the why and wherefores of 1 Samuel 15. They are easy to discover, but I fear they will make no sense to you.

I once heard a most brief explanation of the Old Testament, went something like this: God really hates sin, He will not allow sin “in the camp.” He is serious about sin and will not allow it in Heaven. But, He loves and has made a way for us to be with Him. One cannot read the Old Testament and conclude that “sin” is not a serious matter before God. There is indeed judgment and wrath against sin.

Also, please note Proverbs 16:2.

“All the ways of a man are clean and innocent in his own eyes (and he may see nothing wrong with his actions), But the Lord weighs and examines the motives and intents (of the heart and knows the truth)”

The OT and the Law relieve us of this error.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been busy today. Concerning evolution, Jesus vs Paul, works vs faith, hell, whether or not Jesus was God, and salvation, have we come to a consensus? I'm not posing this question to the atheists or agnostics. We believers have to get our business straight first or they are understandably going to stand off and make fun of us. Once we get straight maybe we can then get about the task of saving them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HE said all men are liars. Ive found that to be the case also. I didnt say you were the only one. All men are liars, not GOD.

Book it. Sorry you dont like it or agree with it.

Come on, tell us another lie and say you never lied.

I made no claims that are not written in the bible. I provided quotes to back everything that I said. I merely pointed out what the bible describes about the nature of love and the nature of its god. They are not my words or my claims. If there is a lie, it has nothing to do with what I said. It is there for anyone to see and read. It's undeniable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Book it..

That would have to include Paul
and the anonymous authors of
the Gospels that came later.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've been busy today. Concerning evolution, Jesus vs Paul, works vs faith, hell, whether or not Jesus was God, and salvation, have we come to a consensus? I'm not posing this question to the atheists or agnostics. We believers have to get our business straight first or they are understandably going to stand off and make fun of us. Once we get straight maybe we can then get about the task of saving them.

Hard to afaic with the way HE put things in the Bible by speaking in parables.

In fact, HE said the churches should all be in agreement. I dont see how unless the Bible were to consist of only one verse 3:16.

I dont even see how HE could expect different takes on it. I dont see how HE coulf be serious about it.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman

Book it..

That would have to include Paul
and the anonymous authors of
the Gospels that came later.

Not if directed bt GOD

Back to ignore..

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Well, no, assuming that the Bible always quotes God is not right. I have read Jewish writings that use passages from Job to support certain of their theologies. Interestingly, they use quotes from Job’s friends.... clearly not from God. The use statements from Job’s friends .... it is not God speaking nor being quoted.

"Thus says the Lord of Hosts"
is not the word of God?

I don't think so either, but there are some very religious people in my family that are going to be quite surprised to hear that.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

is not the word of God?

I don't think so either, but there are some very religious people in my family that are going to be quite surprised to hear that.

I am not sure you understand. If one of the gospels records what the Pharisees said to Jesus, do you understand that God is not being quoted....Jesus is not being quoted.... the words of the Pharisees are being recorded?

Last edited by TF49; 07/20/20.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

javascript:quickReply(15065930,1,0)

is not the word of God?

I am not sure you understand. If one of the gospels records what the Pharisees said to Jesus, do you understand that God is not being quoted....Jesus is not being quoted.... the words of the Pharisees are being recorded?

I am very sure you do not understand who the "Lord of Hosts" is when he is being quoted.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hastings

you keep saying that Paul preached a different gospel than Jesus. That Paul said repentance was unnecessary.
Yet I gave you a specific verse where Paul preached that everyone must repent.

you are like a democrat that keeps stating wrong things often enough so that people will start to believe it.

Paul preached repentance just as John the Baptist, Jesus, Peter, and all the apostles preached.

Page 92 of 95 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

407 members (16gage, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,990
Posts18,481,076
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.