Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Well I thought this thread was about Chauvin and Floyds behaviour at the time of Floyd's arrest but you seem to want to cast [bleep] upon Chauvin for an unrelated matter.
lol

Some people can see the utter hypocrisy of Chauvin’s disproportionate response to Floyd passing a fake 20, when Chauvin himself has reportedly filed fraudulent tax returns for 6 consecutive years. You’re clearly not one of em’.

You apparently aren't paying attention to Floyd's behavior.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

So a handjob is your solution?

A hand job and a rainbow colored lollipop would have easily deescalated the situation and Floyd would be still alive today.

Give him a bucket of KFC and a watermelon and he would be like a baby

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I have friends who worked as criminal investigators in the army, airforce, Navy. Cant speak for CG. They said the majority of their cases were for simple drug possession, lots of Dv's, simple assaults and rape charges . They advised that the majority of the rape allegations were BS. Husband deploys, wife bangs a bunch of husband's friends , gets pregnant and blame it on rape.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

If you are not familiar with the Tamir Rice incident, read up on it. Tell me that law enforcement delivered the best possible outcome. Tell me that a little more time and/or space couldn't have delivered a better outcome. When I was a kid I had a few contacts with LE when I was carrying a pellet gun or BB pistol. I never got shot.

I don't know you from Adam, Paul. But based on your posts I am going to assume your LE experience with the Coast Guard was dealing with coworkers on a boat, or on base. Is that fairly accurate?

Last edited by ribka; 08/05/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have friends who worked as criminal investigators in the army, airfare, Navy. Cant speak for CG. They said the majority of their cases were for simple drug possession, lots of Dv's, simple assaults and rape charges . They advised that the majority of the rape allegations were BS. Husband deploys, wife bangs a bunch of husband's friends , gets pregnant and blame it on rape.

If you are not familiar with the Tamir Rice incident, read up on it. Tell me that law enforcement delivered the best possible outcome. Tell me that a little more time and/or space couldn't have delivered a better outcome. When I was a kid I had a few contacts with LE when I was carrying a pellet gun or BB pistol. I never got shot.

I don't know you from Adam, Paul. But based on your posts I am going to assume your LE experience with the Coast Guard was dealing with coworkers on a boat, or on base. Is that fairly accurate?

That was my point. I'm not diminishing Paul's experience, but simply putting it into perspective. To keep it hunting centric, it'd be like a guy used to shooting deer off a corn feeder from a permanent stand with a cooler of drinks, critiquing public land elk hunting in the rockies. Some things correlate, many do not.

MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Hastings

Sorry about the delay in replying sir but I was busy killing army worms today. Tamir Rice pulled a replica 1911 Colt on the officers as soon as they pulled up.Young Mr. Rice appears to weigh close to 200 pounds. I don't see any way the officers could have retreated safely had this been a .45 Colt. They had no idea it was a pellet gun. I never had to shoot anyone in my 30 year career although there were times I legally could have. My training emphasized that a kid could and would kill you. I suspect the officers had no idea of this boy's age, not that it would have made any difference. Maybe those of us that haven't dealt with ghetto trash ought not be to quick on the trigger to second guess those that have to ride that herd. Law enforcement deserves a lot of criticism at times but you have picked out Trayvon Martin in Florida, Michael Brown in Missouri, and Tamir Rice in Ohio as examples. All three of those young men found what they were looking for.

Here's the video on Tamir Rice. Maybe you can make a more informed statement after viewing.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well I thought this thread was about Chauvin and Floyds behaviour at the time of Floyd's arrest but you seem to want to cast [bleep] upon Chauvin for an unrelated matter.
lol

Some people can see the utter hypocrisy of Chauvin’s disproportionate response to Floyd passing a fake 20, when Chauvin himself has reportedly filed fraudulent tax returns for 6 consecutive years. You’re clearly not one of em’.

It should be a patriotic duty to file fugg the IRS

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by RemModel8
It showed a mildly resistive subject, an officers who could have put a better effort into deescalating and calming the subject.

So a handjob is your solution?

A hand job and a rainbow colored lollipop would have easily deescalated the situation and Floyd would be still alive today.

Somebody missed their calling.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by gemby58
Give him a bucket of KFC and a watermelon and he would be like a baby

This is in addition to the handy... right?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by readonly
Sorry about the delay in replying sir but I was busy killing army worms today. Tamir Rice pulled a replica 1911 Colt on the officers as soon as they pulled up.Young Mr. Rice appears to weigh close to 200 pounds. I don't see any way the officers could have retreated safely had this been a .45 Colt. They had no idea it was a pellet gun. I never had to shoot anyone in my 30 year career although there were times I legally could have. My training emphasized that a kid could and would kill you. I suspect the officers had no idea of this boy's age, not that it would have made any difference. Maybe those of us that haven't dealt with ghetto trash ought not be to quick on the trigger to second guess those that have to ride that herd. Law enforcement deserves a lot of criticism at times but you have picked out Trayvon Martin in Florida, Michael Brown in Missouri, and Tamir Rice in Ohio as examples. All three of those young men found what they were looking for.
Here's the video on Tamir Rice. Maybe you can make a more informed statement after viewing.https://www.theguardian.com/usnews/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police
Yes sir: I couldn't tell if you were pointing out that video to me or Mr. Paul.I watched the video and I'm sure the police were quite alarmed when he pulled that very real looking .45 Colt replica on them. Shreveport police shot a man that pulled a cell phone on them and assumed a shooting stance. Acting like you intend to shoot armed police is a really bad idea.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tamir Rice was straight up murder any way you slice it. The officer was released from another department for mental issues. Worst of the armed shoots in the bunch IMO.

No it wasn't murder. It was bad police tactics that led to a legally justifiable shooting. Had the officers taken better advantage of time, distance and cover, Tamir would be alive. Time, distance and cover can all buy better decisions.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My LE experience comes with an asterisk. Coast Guard LE is a very different animal than street LE. It's a different environment, a different tactical field and an often different public. I am always very up front about that and quick to admit that street cops have a much tougher job. Now having said that, that doesn't mean that some of the training, tactics and constitutional law don't transfer reasonably well. I also earned my certification as a reserve deputy in Harrison County MS. I didn't have much experience with that before Katrina hit, and I ended up moving and changing jobs.

Having been trained by the country and the state of Mississippi and having cross trained with officers from all kinds of local, state and federal agencies, I can say that our training and our emphasis needs to change. Far, far more time is spent training on shooting, and on when shooting is legally justifiable, than on tactics and strategies that deliver non-lethal outcomes. I well remember the first time I read in our LE policy manual that a "retreat may be the best option in certain circumstances" I laughed. We all did. Machismo runs deep in our ranks. It almost has to.
But over time I saw that it could indeed be the best option in certain circumstances.

Wilson/Brown would have been a great time to use a tactical disengagement. An unarmed Brown had already tried to take Wilson's gun. We can draw two reasonable conclusions from that. Brown wasn't armed and he'd likely do it again. When Wilson immediately reengaged him, and did so without the benefit of the immediately available cover, he put himself in a situation in which he was all but guaranteed to have to shot an unarmed man.

Had he waited until back-up arrived and/or put his car between him and Brown, we may not have BLM today. But the shoot was legally justifiable, so it was the best outcome right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the video on Tamir Rice. Maybe you can make a more informed statement after viewing.https://www.theguardian.com/usnews/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police
Yes sir: I couldn't tell if you were pointing out that video to me or Mr. Paul.I watched the video and I'm sure the police were quite alarmed when he pulled that very real looking .45 Colt replica on them. Shreveport police shot a man that pulled a cell phone on them and assumed a shooting stance. Acting like you intend to shoot armed police is a really bad idea.

It's an equally bad idea to drive in that close to someone you suspect may be armed, then not make use of any cover. Time, distance and cover buy better decisions. Bad tactics are more likely to deliver bad decisions.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12
lol

It should be a patriotic duty to file fugg the IRS

That sir, is a fact.

If Hollywood can make a movie like once upon a time in Hollywood and write off a hundred and fifty million dollars of classic cars as a tax write-off, I am damn sure going to claim a few extra hundred miles next year.

Liberals have been gang-raping the IRS for decades. Not saying that fat cat Republicans don't do the same thing, but us middle-of-the-road conservatives are about sick of paying for these clowns + 100 million sack of crap on welfare or related.

Prince William County Virginia one of the top 10 wealthiest counties in America is where I'm forced to live part-time because of a custody arrangement. My son is a sophomore at a public school. Actually one of the better public schools in the county. Again this is a very wealthy County because of proximity to Washington DC. 63% of all the students at the school get free breakfast lunch and dinner through the various poor poor pitiful me programs. It's absolutely disheartening to try to do the right thing and yet observe A system that so f****** broken around you.

Rant over

Last edited by CashisKing; 08/06/20. Reason: Typos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Paul,

If you had absorbed any legitimate 4th Amendment training you would not make the statements you do.

You simply have no clue what you’re talking about.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Antlers wants to discuss the cop’s tax returns.

LMAO

Can’t make this schit up.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When ALL the arresting officers are found not guilty and released (with ruined lives of course), the burrheads will just burn the country down again:

WHO KILLED GEORGE FLOYD

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. Barnard: Your remarks are not portraying yourself as at all understanding of ghetto policing. If criminals were (dis) engaged with the tactics you recommend what would stop them from just walking off into the jungle never to be identified or apprehended? Unlike a USCG patrol boat with a crew on board dealing with a usually slower vessel out on open water an urban cop is often alone and in need of control of a seasoned career criminal that badly doesn't want to go back to the big house. Add to that the fact that unlike your USCG stop of a vessel there are plenty of willing confederates available to the detainee and plenty of escape routes. I gather from your comments that you are a mild mannered kindhearted person. That might be good to have around once a subject is subdued but as a street cop in the ghetto it is doubtful you would ever make a meaningful arrest. Policing the urban criminal underclass is a different world from the one you find out on the water where you at least usually have a captain or boat owner who are not usually thugs with nothing to lose even if they are hauling dope. If an urban police department adopted the policies you recommend they would soon face successful hostile resistance 90% of the time. Which is exactly what we are seeing in many cities the last few weeks.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Waiting for all the internet detectives' analysis. Quite a few of the experts on here said Floyd never resisted arrest based on edited MSM video.

Link?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Extremely poor health, combined with being doped up on a dangerous concoction of drugs, combined with vigorously resisting police during a lawful arrest, is what killed George Floyd. The whole thing was a scam perpetrated on the American people by the MSM from the start for the purpose of provoking racial unrest. Right out of the Bolshevik playbook.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Antlers wants to discuss the cop’s tax returns.

LMAO

Can’t make this schit up.

Antlers has amazing deductive reasoning skills and this is an example of his amazing talent...... for being wrong! hahahahhahahaha

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (02bfishn, 16gage, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.