I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by ISRO

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

You never did explain that they do not work at all, your thoughts?

Troll, you're here to play with semantics agains. eh?

Personal responsibility? When is it my personal responsibility to protect you? You want make everybody their brother's keeper. Should I run over to your house and snatch unhealthy food from your mouth? "No salty junk food, mister! No red meat! Only soy and plant based bullshit for you!" No different.

Tell me WHY we should wear masks, troll? Will it STOP the transmission of Covid completely? No, it won't. Best it can do is slow it. Why is it wise to slow it? Our healthcare system is ready to handle the pandemic now. This isn't March, 2020. We have PPE, ventilators and treatments ready to role. Why slow it? The last 4 respiratory pandemics ran their course in about 18-20 months. We are about 10 months into this. If left alone, the pandemic will probably be "over" by this time next year...unless the normal course of the disease is slowed!

Why do want to slow it? (Beside it is an election year?) To wait for a vaccine? Are you going to tell me that a vaccine will be safe. effective and ready to distribute by January 2021, and you can give out 200 million doses by next Labor Day? It will be a race between herd immunity and the vaccine for the masses.

Slowing it without the vaccine ready to go only spreads teh total number of cases over a longer time period. Without a vaccine or herd immunity, the virus lingers and just waits for hosts. A mask does not make the virus go away.

So what is your end game with slowing the spread?
Healthcare collapse? Miracle vaccine saves the planet next week? Tell me, bro!

You don't protect people in your dental office Hatari?

Do you wear a mask in your office?

I'm guessing your all masked up, but most here do not know what you do.

Game up Boss!

I personally don't want to see the health care field get overwhelmed as I have family members who work in the hospitals and they are getting really concerned about the amount of rising admissions currently.

Would you like to see 10 people that need treatment at your office or 150?

Remember you're only spreading it out longer!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Can someone explain to me how they are of no help at all!

I thought their purpose was to limit the distance a infected person could potentially cough or sneeze the viral load from their own person, thus thus slowing transmission by limiting exposure just as in social distancing?

I am not sick. My wearing a mask does you, me, nor anyone else any good. It is only a symbolic thing. Wearing a mask is not unlike putting a Biden/Harris sticker on one's car.

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I thought their purpose was to limit the distance a infected person could potentially cough or sneeze the viral load from their own person, thus thus slowing transmission by limiting exposure just as in social distancing?

I am not sick. My wearing a mask does you, me, nor anyone else any good. It is only a symbolic thing. Wearing a mask is not unlike putting a Biden/Harris sticker on one's car.

Explain the physics why they do not slow the spread.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

Personal responsibility? When is it my personal responsibility to protect you? You want make everybody their brother's keeper. Should I run over to your house and snatch unhealthy food from your mouth? "No salty junk food, mister! No red meat! Only soy and plant based bullshit for you!" No different.

Tell me WHY we should wear masks, troll? Will it STOP the transmission of Covid completely? No, it won't. Best it can do is slow it. Why is it wise to slow it? Our healthcare system is ready to handle the pandemic now. This isn't March, 2020. We have PPE, ventilators and treatments ready to role. Why slow it? The last 4 respiratory pandemics ran their course in about 18-20 months. We are about 10 months into this. If left alone, the pandemic will probably be "over" by this time next year...unless the normal course of the disease is slowed!

Why do want to slow it? (Beside it is an election year?) To wait for a vaccine? Are you going to tell me that a vaccine will be safe. effective and ready to distribute by January 2021, and you can give out 200 million doses by next Labor Day? It will be a race between herd immunity and the vaccine for the masses.

Slowing it without the vaccine ready to go only spreads teh total number of cases over a longer time period. Without a vaccine or herd immunity, the virus lingers and just waits for hosts. A mask does not make the virus go away.

Game up Boss!

I personally don't want to see the health care field get overwhelmed as I have family members who work in the hospitals and they are getting really concerned about the amount of rising admissions currently.

Did dentists where masks before Covid the answer is yes so your argument is baseless. It’s idiots like you who believe the BS and that’s why it’s going on as long as it has. You’re just another dumbass troll and no one and I mean no one here gives a 💩 what you post here.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahaha!

The spread of the droplets or the spread of the Covid 19 virus?

Jeebus.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

Is Hope Hicks or Trump the Super Spreader ?? So we now know that Trump most likely picked it up last Saturday, Yeah 6 days ago....

Now if everyone there had been wearing masks then it clearly wouldnt have spread and Trump would be geraing up for the next debate and holding massive rallies.......

This aint rocket science is just basic stuff bout aerosol containment.

Laws change, people die and the land remains the same
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oooohhh....dueling sockpuppets.....

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

That's what they do.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
If a mask worked so well those that wear one would have nothing to fear from those who don't wear a mask. I'm not worrying about someone not wearing a mask getting me sick

Life is good live it while you can.
I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Springcove

Game up Boss!

Did dentists where masks before Covid the answer is yes so your argument is baseless. It’s idiots like you who believe the BS and that’s why it’s going on as long as it has. You’re just another dumbass troll and no one and I mean no one here gives a 💩 what you post here.

Why are dentists wearing masks at all before or during covid?

Remember they do not protect anyone right?

Why is our resident dentist wearing one at work? I mean really, he should stand for his freedom and refuse to wear it.

Why are people in his office wearing one now?

Why are the patients wearing them in the waiting area?

They do not work according to Hatari, so why wear them?

Hmmmmmmmmm!

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Explain the physics why they do not slow the spread.

Because you have to put your hands to your face to put the mask on or to take it off. That's how germs - virus spreads. Keep your hands away from your face and you won't get sick.

Life is good live it while you can.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Stophel
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

Do you feel it is tyranny that you cannot drive 120 mph on the interstate? Does not bother me in the slightest if you wreck and kill yourself nor do I care that you don't care if you live or die. What's the difference? I think speed limits are tyranny

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

Do you feel it is tyranny that you cannot drive 120 mph on the interstate? Does not bother me in the slightest if you wreck and kill yourself nor do I care that you don't care if you live or die. What's the difference? I think speed limits are tyranny

Your statement would only be logical if all accidents were single vehicle accidents, and it did not harm other drivers or others.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

If you don't care, why did you ask?

:P

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yawn 🥱

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
From what I've read even a n95 mask doesnt really stop particles below .3 microns and the virus is about .12 microns. So the mask mandate is a little like when the teacher would have us duck under our desk during nuclear drills. It may be reassuring but it isnt going to accomplish much if it's your time to go

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thank God for herd immunity. We are about to beat this thing like a rented mule.

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Kellywk
From what I've read even a n95 mask doesnt really stop particles below .3 microns and the virus is about .12 microns. So the mask mandate is a little like when the teacher would have us duck under our desk during nuclear drills. It may be reassuring but it isnt going to accomplish much if it's your time to go

The topic is if masks help preventing the water droplets carrying the .3 micron virus from traveling any farther than necessary by using some sort of mask to create a barrier, similar to sneezing into a hanky.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Your statement would only be logical if all accidents were single vehicle accidents, and it did not harm other drivers or others.

Ya think? You might be catching on... maybe.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.