Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I grew up here, so it’s all I know.

That being said, my passions include hunting, fishing, crabbing, and clamming. I have a boat that’s large enough to take me 50 miles offshore in the pursuit of tuna, closer in for halibut, not to mention salmon, bottom fish, and crab.

I have another boat designed for rivers that also doubles as a lake boat. The ocean boat lives in her moorage on the coast for six months of the year, so I have to make do with the river boat when I fish lakes.

I have deer and turkeys in the yard, and I’ve seen elk from my deck down in the valley. I have a few acres and I can’t see my nearest neighbor.

I hate what my state has become politically and socially but that shìt fades away when I’m on the water or in the woods, or even enjoying a beverage on my deck.

But maybe Florida, if I could find a place where I could still fish and crab.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Wackos of all stripes live in the Pacific Northwest. It seem to have a special talent for producing serial killers.

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Why-are-there-so-many-serial-killers-in-the-3732021.php

Bristoe

Google the demographics and murder, home invasion rate of Baker City Oregon and Memphis, TN and report back on here. lol

Ok that’s funny...

Am I supposed to be surprised that Memphis Tennessee is a schitthole?

Besides, Baker City, Oregon only has 9000 people. Memphis has 650,000. Apples and oranges,.. But in any event, I don't know why you want to talk about Tennessee to me. I don't live in Tennessee.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bristoe I meant no offense. Just curious have you ever been out west and seen the country?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Springcove
Bristoe I meant no offense. Just curious have you ever been out west and seen the country?

Many times.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Volcanoes over 11,000', Sand dunes 300 feet tall, Steelhead and salmon in the rivers, deserts with bighorn sheep and cactus, endless miles of sagebrush and antelope, rain forest with almost 200" of annual precip in places, forests that most folks couldn't dream of, 600'+ tall waterfalls, the longest lava flow on Earth, The largest river to flow into the Pacific Ocean, etc etc etc

This Fall I filled my over the counter bear, elk, and buck deer tags within 12 miles of my front door.

Yep, the place sucks alright..

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by longarm
Volcanoes over 11,000', Sand dunes 300 feet tall, Steelhead and salmon in the rivers, deserts with bighorn sheep and cactus, endless miles of sagebrush and antelope, rain forest with almost 200" of annual precip in places, forests that most folks couldn't dream of, 600'+ tall waterfalls, the longest lava flow on Earth, The largest river to flow into the Pacific Ocean, etc etc etc

This Fall I filled my over the counter bear, elk, and buck deer tags within 12 miles of my front door.

Yep, the place sucks alright..

I've seen all of that. It's still commie country. I won't live in a commie city,....forget about an entire communist state.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Well then, that's another great thing about Oregon.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Marxist Cancer has infected EVERY STATE.

Some are just in a much more advanced stage.

If you paid Federal Taxes 2009-2016 you helped finance the most criminal POTUS Regime in American History.

So that whole Taxes argument is bunk.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Bothell, Washington,...Hillary country.

https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/20161108/snohomish/precincts-1.html

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

laugh

If other States - including Kentucky - would stop sending their queers and misfits out here we might get the place back to what it was once.
FYI even as recently as the late 80s Portland was a clean, hardworking city. And Bristoe you are dead wrong about it all being commie.. if you had actually seen some of the things I listed then you would have been in E. OR, which is anything but commie. Hell, even Linn County here in the valley voted all red.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every state has its schithole cities, Kentucky included. Some are just more developed than others.

Outside of Louisville, Portland, Nashville, Seattle, Bozeman etc......and the booming suburbs surrounding them, most folks are down to earth good people. More alike than different.

IMO, we are all fugked in 20-50 years. I see a complete shifting of political party lines way before any Balkanization will take place. We ain’t there yet, but it’s coming.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by FatCity67
The Marxist Cancer has infected EVERY STATE.

Some are just in a much more advanced stage.

If you paid Federal Taxes 2009-2016 you helped finance the most criminal POTUS Regime in American History.

So that whole Taxes argument is bunk.

Money is money. If you live in a commie state your state taxes are financing that state's commie activities.

Commie states should be starved out,..and they would *be* starved out if every conservative living in them moved to a red state.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Wackos of all stripes live in the Pacific Northwest. It seem to have a special talent for producing serial killers.

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Why-are-there-so-many-serial-killers-in-the-3732021.php

Because the prey are a bunch of naive, trusting, dumb fugks.

Not to mention 50% of them have a non-extraditable warrant so they tend to not ask a lot of questions or talk to the poleece.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This Fall I filled my over the counter bear, elk, and buck deer tags within 12 miles of my front door. Yep, the place sucks alright..
In addition to not living where some other’s (self professed “patriots” and “freedom lovers”) think you shouldn’t live...you should also not cook your steak the way some other’s think you shouldn’t, you should also not drink your bourbon the way some other’s think you shouldn’t, you should also not watch on TV what some other’s think you shouldn’t, you should also not drink the brand of coffee that some other’s think you shouldn’t, and you should also not spend your money and buy goods that other’s think you shouldn’t.

Even though ‘everyone’ who pays federal taxes is financing the Communists who are in the process of killing America.

lol

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Every state has its schithole cities, Kentucky included. Some are just more developed than others.

Outside of Louisville, Portland, Nashville, Seattle, Bozeman etc......and the booming suburbs surrounding them, most folks are down to earth good people. More alike than different.

IMO, we are all fugked in 20-50 years. I see a complete shifting of political party lines way before any Balkanization will take place. We ain’t there yet, but it’s coming.

The people could balkanize themselves if they would. It wouldn't be recognized by the federal government. But when a city like Portland or Seattle dominates the politics of a state, it's time to let that state starve. The productive conservative people in that state should move their influence to a state with like minded people and let the communists in their former states curl up and eat each other.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

There’s no doubt that you’re in great country. About 5 or 6 years ago we looked at purchasing a very remote parcel (around 300 acres) around 50 miles or so from Grant’s Pass (close to Jack Creek) It had a large pond (2 or 3 acres), and a fairly large structure on the property, no power, and a few miles of road and a bridge to maintain! I chickened-out, a lot of money, I was scared of the Oregon politics, and I’m too old to start over!

I’m glad that you’re happy.....hopefully you can continue to enjoy! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Over 300 miles of coastline, the 2nd longest undammed river in the West, some of the most fertile soil found anywhere in the world, hell we even have a geyser just to keep it interesting.
It's almost as if there might be a reason the largest unforced overland migration in history ended here in Oregon...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by antlers
This Fall I filled my over the counter bear, elk, and buck deer tags within 12 miles of my front door. Yep, the place sucks alright..
In addition to not living where some other’s (self professed “patriots” and “freedom lovers”) think you shouldn’t live...you should also not cook your steak the way some other’s think you shouldn’t, you should also not drink your bourbon the way some other’s think you shouldn’t, you should also not watch on TV what some other’s think you shouldn’t, you should also not drink the brand of coffee that some other’s think you shouldn’t, and you should also not spend your money and buy goods that other’s think you shouldn’t.

Even though ‘everyone’ who pays federal taxes is financing the Communists who are in the process of killing America.

lol

It's not about steak or bourbon.

It about conservatives who live in states where the communists make them their bitches.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s about conservatives who live in states where the communists make them their bitches.
What about conservatives who live in a country where the communists make them their bitches...?
Yeah,...but your state taxes finance the Communists who are in the process of killing America.
Do any of our federal taxes finance the Communists who are in the process of killing America...?
Absolutely.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What about conservatives who live in a country where the communists make them their bitches...?

Name some alternatives. I've been looking around for some places to recommend to my children.

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,621
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.