Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by J23
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by worriedman
Check Illinois that is where we need our fence, and most of the Californicators settle in Nashville...

Might be able to rehabilitate people from downstate Illinois. Hunt, fish, farm, go to church. Problem is they've been Democrat for 5 generations. Land of Lincoln. Go figure?

You cannot be talking about southern, IL. My Dad was from there and I'm telling you, they are not liberal. They are the farthest thing from that. It is basically Northern Kentucky. They are just outnumbered by the fools in Chicago.

I think he's referring to the same phenomenon that plagues many West Virginia voters. They work the coal mines, own guns, hunt, fish, many attend church, and generally want left alone... and vote Democrat. Why? Usually, because... "the Democrat's for the working man! Pappy and Daddy voted Democrat, and by golly that's good enough for me!" It's some sort of weird generational thing. That and many of the unions STILL push for Democrat votes. Don't ask me why.

Nah. No silent majority of closet D's there. First of all, they hate big government. They've had the Chicago garbage shoved down their throats for decades.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oops, meant to write 3.9 million. mea culpa blush

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
100K is likely decent money......if you ask a curb-crapper.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Anyway....is 100000 really considered "high" income in California?

Maybe in some California hillbilly area or something. Of which there are a lot of apparently.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by postoak
Originally Posted by Morewood
I am fully aware it is de rigueur on this forum to bash Californians but a friendly reminder; 39 million Californians voted for Trump in 2016.

That is more people than many of your entire home states population.

Carry on my wayward son.

Try 4.5 million. 39 million is the entire population of the state.

I'm one of them. I hope by next year I will be one of you guys.

I am a refugee in the country of my birth. One day I hope my vote is not dismissed.

Too many fools rushed into California because it was great. We have up to 13 million illegals. We have the fruits of leftist universities coming here to show how enlightened they are by their zipcode. "Charmed" was set in San Francisco so hot air headed independant women who need their boyfriend to kill spiders, take out the trash, and pick up dog poop flocked here. Guys looking for puzzie were sniffing behind them. Latins claimed it. Asians claimed it . Leftist claimed it. Wannabee hippies try to recreate a falsehood.

They all seem to embrace "hip hop". And declare me a racist for my military service.

Guys like Morewood and Persiandog have found me and give a feeling that not all is lost.

But I think it will take a rain of fire.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Anyway....is 100000 really considered "high" income in California?

Maybe in some California hillbilly area or something. Of which there are a lot of apparently.

Not in the Bay Area or LA/SD metro areas. That salary is what a good secretary makes in SF (not including benefits or bonuses). $500k is probably the lower level of "high income" in the urban parts of CA.

Face it, 100k is "high income" when the State is looking to tax people.

$100k/year leaving California buys you a nice life in 99% of the rest of the country.

$100k might be peanuts in San Francisco, but across the Bay in Danville or Livermore, it works. Bakersfield it works. In Castroville it works, In Guala it works. In Folsom, it works. In Santa Barbara, it probably doesn't.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Californians probably won't migrate here.....whole State stinks like hogs.....and Illinoisians.

Not even with a tourist mega-draw like Snake Alley.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I am fully aware it is de rigueur on this forum to bash Californians but a friendly reminder; 39 million Californians voted for Trump in 2016.

Carry on my wayward son.

I am a refugee in the country of my birth. One day I hope my vote is not dismissed.

Too many fools rushed into California because it was great. We have up to 13 million illegals. We have the fruits of leftist universities coming here to show how enlightened they are by their zipcode. "Charmed" was set in San Francisco so hot air headed independant women who need their boyfriend to kill spiders, take out the trash, and pick up dog poop flocked here. Guys looking for puzzie were sniffing behind them. Latins claimed it. Asians claimed it . Leftist claimed it. Wannabee hippies try to recreate a falsehood.

They all seem to embrace "hip hop". And declare me a racist for my military service.

Guys like Morewood and Persiandog have found me and give a feeling that not all is lost.

You're in Vacaville? Glad Manson didn't get out. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari

You're in Vacaville? Glad Manson didn't get out. wink

He was in Corcoran State Prison and died of AIDS last year.

What a waste of money and time.

California!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Disney doesn’t like the shutdown and is trying to get Newsom to let them open up.

I would love to see Disney move to Vegas if the theme park closure continues. Disney brings in huge income and tax dollars to the state.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Carry on my wayward son.

Whether for good or bad, California has usually been ahead of the curve compared to the rest of the country, just takes longer to settle into flyover country. My fear is that we've peaked as a nation and are "victims" of our own success by virtue of having too much time on our hands and the communists having full access to our young people via the education system. From what little I know about history, appears to be that great things happen after societies go through a lot of suffering,.... if they survive....

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I swear, 24hcf should be sponsored by the MT real estate association. There is more talk on here about moving to MT than there are discussions of BT vs. Partitions vs. Accubonds.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I swear, 24hcf should be sponsored by the MT real estate association. There is more talk on here about moving to MT than there are discussions of BT vs. Partitions vs. Accubonds.

Have I mentioned the holy virtues of the 6.5 Creedmoore?

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Have I mentioned the holy virtues of the 6.5 Creedmoore?

Come on, Man! Stay on task!

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Whether for good or bad, California has usually been ahead of the curve compared to the rest of the country, just takes longer to settle into flyover country. My fear is that we've peaked as a nation and are "victims" of our own success by virtue of having too much time on our hands and the communists having full access to our young people via the education system. From what little I know about history, appears to be that great things happen after societies go through a lot of suffering,.... if they survive....

me > Research Projects and Grants > Gothic Archive > Glossary > Fin-de-Siècle

Glossary of the Gothic: Fin-de-Siècle

Literally meaning “end of century”, fin de siècle Gothic refers specifically to the Gothic literature of the last two to three decades of the 19th century. There is a pervading sense of instability and unease; an age was coming to an end and things would change, not necessarily for the better. This is reflected by the idea of human devolution or degeneration, seen in Stevenson’s Olalla, where we are able to see the full effects of the devoluted foreign family in the figure of the mother and brother. In Stevenson’s Jekyll and Hyde, it is made worse because the upper-crust Dr. Jekyll transforms himself into the degenerate Hyde. This choice, however, is gradually taken away from him, and he loses control so that he becomes involuntarily trapped in the form (and personality) of Hyde. The devolution of a character is sometimes accompanied by a destabilizing loss of control, not only in the personal sphere, but also in terms of the empire and its inability to ultimately control the Hyde-like natives. The fatalistic sense that the civilized Jekyll would be subsumed by Hyde, taken in this colonial context, suggested a strong belief that Jekyll would have done better not to indulge in Hyde, but should have remained with the civilized elite who were his friends. Anxieties about the city and its future are also a feature, in the recurring image of a threatening cityscape that is always possessed of a dark underside capable of hiding characters like Stoker’s Dracula and Stevenson’s Hyde. The foreign threat appears in Dracula, who not only threatens the loss of life, and civilized living but also the women, so that the very future of the city is one of parasitical creatures who are sired by a foreign menace. The twofold threat here is thus not only that of diluting racial bloodlines, but also of losing the culture of this city to the lesser foreign type.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO

me > Research Projects and Grants > Gothic Archive > Glossary > Fin-de-Siècle

Glossary of the Gothic: Fin-de-Siècle

Literally meaning “end of century”, fin de siècle Gothic refers specifically to the Gothic literature of the last two to three decades of the 19th century. There is a pervading sense of instability and unease; an age was coming to an end and things would change, not necessarily for the better. This is reflected by the idea of human devolution or degeneration, seen in Stevenson’s Olalla, where we are able to see the full effects of the devoluted foreign family in the figure of the mother and brother. In Stevenson’s Jekyll and Hyde, it is made worse because the upper-crust Dr. Jekyll transforms himself into the degenerate Hyde. This choice, however, is gradually taken away from him, and he loses control so that he becomes involuntarily trapped in the form (and personality) of Hyde. The devolution of a character is sometimes accompanied by a destabilizing loss of control, not only in the personal sphere, but also in terms of the empire and its inability to ultimately control the Hyde-like natives. The fatalistic sense that the civilized Jekyll would be subsumed by Hyde, taken in this colonial context, suggested a strong belief that Jekyll would have done better not to indulge in Hyde, but should have remained with the civilized elite who were his friends. Anxieties about the city and its future are also a feature, in the recurring image of a threatening cityscape that is always possessed of a dark underside capable of hiding characters like Stoker’s Dracula and Stevenson’s Hyde. The foreign threat appears in Dracula, who not only threatens the loss of life, and civilized living but also the women, so that the very future of the city is one of parasitical creatures who are sired by a foreign menace. The twofold threat here is thus not only that of diluting racial bloodlines, but also of losing the culture of this city to the lesser foreign type.

That's a bit above my paygrade but yeah, sorta what I was getting at.
Not a lot of warm and fuzzy's when speculating on our future.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
This is nothing new
When I moved to Washington state it was a concert I’ve place
The California flood started in the early 90s and look at it now
They seem to not learn

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
West Virginia is open fer business....

Welcum commitee be glad to have ya.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They said” Calaforne is they place you oughta be? So they loaded up the truck, moved to Beverly, Hill that is”

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Last year's increase in people relocating, And what would have given most people a clue, when stated since March... is the Covid-19 pandemic. People are moving back home and to less populated areas (out in the Boonies). Has nothing to do with taxes or money. trump fu****-up dense SOB ignored the virus leaving people trying to run from it. If you all would get your news from a legitimate site, you might know something.

Phil

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,199
Posts18,503,622
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.