Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a lottery. The outcome is the same whether you apply on the first day of the app period or the last. If you apply on the first day, sure, they hold your money for over 6 months. If you apply the last day, you either draw or see a refund in a few weeks.[/quote]

For Non Resident WY elk you have to apply early and they hold it for 5 months. No other choice. You can thank WYOGA for that!

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Andy, didn’t you mention they wanted the special elk tags to go from $1200 to $2000?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BWalker
In my home state I dont think NR should have a a crack at limited entry tags like sheep,moose, goat, etc at all.

YGTFKM.

You're statement regarding your fellow outdoor enthusiasts is so judgmental that I'm almost at a loss for words.

Everyone is a non-resident in most places we go, To imply that residents are that superior to nonresidents, to deny a fellow sportsmen the dream of possibly pulling a sheep tag once in his entire life........

You are not one of my peers, we clearly do not think alike,

I'm ashamed of your self-righteousness.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis
It's dead for now.

Thanks for the info.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Kenneth
In my home state I dont think NR should have a a crack at limited entry tags like sheep,moose, goat, etc at all.

YGTFKM.

You're statement regarding your fellow outdoor enthusiasts is so judgmental that I'm almost at a loss for words.

Everyone is a non-resident in most places we go, To imply that residents are that superior to nonresidents, to deny a fellow sportsmen the dream of possibly pulling a sheep tag once in his entire life........

Apply in good Ol Washington, we don’t have non resident quotas, and tags don’t go to max point holders

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Judman
Andy, didn’t you mention they wanted the special elk tags to go from $1200 to $2000?

It was mention by a certain person AKA The president of WYOGA that they recommended NR WY regular tags be $1400 and the Special tag be $2000.

This bill was passed onto the newly formed Wyoming Wildlife task force and it will be very interesting to see what they do with it now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should the proposals come to pass, I'll do one more elk hunt, and then I'll go elsewhere.

Did see a budget rundown recently in one of their rags, and yes, non residents do carry the ball in that state.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/05/21.

1Minute
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
This is a fight that will be happening in every Western state.

There was a sh it SB this year that would have put our split at 90/10 vs the current 84/10/6, which is a BS split. BHA and NMWF put it at the front of the bill hoping residents would fall for it.

Can blame Newberg, Gohunt and all the other platforms promoting Western public land hunting IMO.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SLM

There was a sh it SB this year that would have put our split at 90/10 vs the current 84/10/6, which is a BS split. BHA and NMWF put it at the front of the bill hoping residents would fall for it.

Can blame Newberg, Gohunt and all the other platforms promoting Western public land hunting IMO.

Your exactly right brother. Local kid here in town went to Montana for the first time last year. Yesterday the dummy was doing a podcast on it!! 4 of em went over and killed a truckload of 110”-120” bucks, now he’s the fuucking expert tellin every other swinging Dick how to do it..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SLM

Your exactly right brother. Local kid here in town went to Montana for the first time last year. Yesterday the dummy was doing a podcast on it!! 4 of em went over and killed a truckload of 110”-120” bucks, now he’s the fuucking expert tellin every other swinging Dick how to do it..

I know "famous" podcast hosts who literally didn't know how to hunt on public land less than 10 years ago and lived east of the Mississippi. Some of them "cut their teeth" within a few miles of my house.

Now they are "pros". Most of them are this way, not all, but most.....

They know enough to talk for an hour with folks listening who haven't a clue.

Welcome to getting a tag in 2021. Personal tag strategies have changed, drastically...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You both nailed it.

Everybody wants to be Instafamous. A local idiot drew a unit I use to be able to draw almost every year and killed a 300” bull. He plastered it on every social media outlet there is telling everyone how easy the unit was to draw and what a stud he was, you know the rest of the story.

Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by SLM

I know "famous" podcast hosts who literally didn't know how to hunt on public land less than 10 years ago and lived east of the Mississippi. Some of them "cut their teeth" within a few miles of my house.

Welcome to getting a tag in 2021. Personal tag strategies have changed, drastically...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SLM
You both nailed it.

Everybody wants to be Instafamous. A local idiot drew a unit I use to be able to draw almost every year and killed a 300” bull. He plastered it on every social media outlet there is telling everyone how easy the unit was to draw and what a stud he was, you know the rest of the story.

Originally Posted by SLM

I don't tell my wife where I hunt for the most part and run all photos through software to take GPS coords off of them.

I also get stalked locally. I change vehicles and UTVs and parking spots with strategy behind every move. Which usually means a really really early wakeup and a giant hike. But it's worth it to keep the idiots guessing ..

Some very famous instagrammmers wanted to play this past year. They'll be hunting in a gar hole for a few days next year at a minimum....😄

- Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been known to park my rig in a spot, then hop on my dirt bike and ride 10 miles further down a main road, hide the bike and start hiking. I've also been known to get antlers out only at night. I also am no stranger to spreading bar rumors of a huge buck in an area that I have zero intention of hunting. Stupid games a guy has to play these days, but otherwise your spots will be ruined.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It sucks the games that are having to be played.

It’s funny watching a local outfitter flood an area with “spotters” before a hunt and watch the masses follow.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've been known to park my rig in a spot, then hop on my dirt bike and ride 10 miles further down a main road, hide the bike and start hiking. I've also been known to get antlers out only at night. I also am no stranger to spreading bar rumors of a huge buck in an area that I have zero intention of hunting. Stupid games a guy has to play these days, but otherwise your spots will be ruined.

Yep. We go to great lengths to get horns out unseen. I mean, anal. I have never told the truth for hunting units. Ever. Gar hole baby.

We play epic mind games. Lots of other stuff too. Radios, faking folks out on a hill where we can be glassed, etc. List goes on..

Hell, I drive up my driveway half the time with my lights off as my neighbors monitor when I get home relative to distance to where I hunt sometimes.

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SLM
It sucks the games that are having to be played.

It’s funny watching a local outfitter flood an area with “spotters” before a hunt and watch the masses follow.

What I dealt with all year.

- Greg

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Kenneth

YGTFKM.

Well, we live here for starters...we dont owe NR a single tag.

Last edited by BWalker; 03/04/21.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Yep. We go to great lengths to get horns out unseen. I mean, anal. I have never told the truth for hunting units. Ever. Gar hole baby.

We play epic mind games. Lots of other stuff too. Radios, faking folks out on a hill where we can be glassed, etc. List goes on..

They have these great big wooden, heavy posted trail signs (i.e., no off road vehicles, etc.) in AK. I heard of a couple guys who may have dug one up and relocated it...all in the name of game preservation, and escape and evade tactics. BLM and the fish cops interrogated them without luck. Not their only brush with an opportunity to wear a horizontal striped suit (fuggin people shouldn’t listen to their conversations and then follow/camp next to them) but a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. I might be sittin real close to one now. <grin>

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hell, I drive up my driveway half the time with my lights off as my neighbors monitor when I get home relative to distance to where I hunt sometimes.

On the other hand it is kind of flattering to know that folks think you're good enough to bother following around and watch for.

I'm not really even much of a trophy hunter and I still have people follow me around, and in the past have noticed some of them park near wherever I do. Total lack of morals, I guess.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well, I've been fortunate but it's the world we live in these days. I'll be damned if my hard work and time gets stolen....

- Greg

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 160user, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, 14 invisible), 1,500 guests, and 910 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,888
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.