Hop To
Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Tarquin

But others believe in the same Bible you do and see the salvific truth very differently. There is also the issue of baptism. It is an essential ordinance, but who has the authority? You see, you can't avoid the problem of "says who"?

Do you read the Bible if so you will see that Christ laid out what is essential so it does not matter "who says". You seem obsessed with what people say.

Do you believe God exists?
If no. Then google William Lane Craig for a good start.
If yes. Then you must believe in the supernatural ability of His power to comunicate the truth.

You and all "Christians" are the ones obsessed with what people say because you have formed 1500 different churches all teaching different doctrines "essential" for salvation. If the truth is so damn clear, how come no one can agree on it?

Tarquin
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can’t go back and read 25 pages. Have we knocked them off the pedestal yet or are they still the best of us?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Kinda like a lot of stereotypes of “awesome” people. If you haven’t lived around and interacted with them. Amish, illegal aliens, etc etc etc.

MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Murder among the Mormons
I found this fairly interesting. Worth a look if you have Netflix.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from seedsoffaithdesigns.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pastor Missy needs to have a service on cults and false prophets.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Awwww

GFY

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Also ~ "Love your enemies."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by keith
Not LDS here, but I have the utmost respect for every one of them I have got to know. I was broke down up in the Utah mountains, they towed my truck 37 miles with a chain to someone that would open their repair shop and fix my vehicle, stayed with me till the job was done. They would not take one penny.

I knew a lot of LDS when I lived in Az, rode horses and hunted with a lot of them.

They deserve better than to be made fun of.

I agree.
They don't need to be made fun if, but they need those who actually care enough about them to tell them about the real God of the Bible and how to be with him someday

And who says you are a spokesman for the real God? You are competing with 1500 other Christian faiths for that title who are as insistent you're wrong as you are they're wrong.

I don't see it as a competition.
What I'm sharing is a gift ...."The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.". Romans 6:23

That's One faith, regardless of what denomination may say on some other issues.
The other "faith" either adds to faith in Jesus, or takes away from Him. Those are basically the two faiths.
Grace is the kindness that God extends to us all through His Son Who purchased that gift by His own body on the cross.
When I was raised, I knew something about this, but never had anybody who took the time or knew how to show me from God's Word what He says about that.
Have you ever had that personal offer?

But others believe in the same Bible you do and see the salvific truth very differently. There is also the issue of baptism. It is an essential ordinance, but who has the authority? You see, you can't avoid the problem of "says who"?

I think that was already answered.
Jesus the Christ Himself explained to a master of Israel the ONLY requirement for salvation. He devoted half of a chapter to help you understand that.

You are born into this world so you, like everyone else, are condemned and in need of a savior.
You are incapable of saving yourself through baptism or any other good work. Baptism is a ritual much like circumcision was in the O.T. They were physical rituals established in order to demonstrate a spiritual reality. There were many of these, none of which could save.
"Believe" is mentioned exactly 100 times in that one gospel alone. It is emphasized to prove what God requires of you for salvation... No works of man, just that acceptable perfect sacrifice of His only begotten Son. That work was completely acceptable.
Do you believe that?
It was summarized in verse 18.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by deflave
I was going to go golf with my kids.

Not something you can do.

LOL

You’re wrong yet again.

What a dumbf’k you are and ever shall be.

Enjoy your time at Putt Putt.

Sure thing, loser.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Wabigoon skipped the Bible and went straight to memes.

LOL

Fugkin guy wouldn’t know if Christ was crucified or died of the schits.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by keith
Not LDS here, but I have the utmost respect for every one of them I have got to know. I was broke down up in the Utah mountains, they towed my truck 37 miles with a chain to someone that would open their repair shop and fix my vehicle, stayed with me till the job was done. They would not take one penny.

I knew a lot of LDS when I lived in Az, rode horses and hunted with a lot of them.

They deserve better than to be made fun of.

I agree.
They don't need to be made fun if, but they need those who actually care enough about them to tell them about the real God of the Bible and how to be with him someday

And who says you are a spokesman for the real God? You are competing with 1500 other Christian faiths for that title who are as insistent you're wrong as you are they're wrong.

I don't see it as a competition.
What I'm sharing is a gift ...."The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.". Romans 6:23

That's One faith, regardless of what denomination may say on some other issues.
The other "faith" either adds to faith in Jesus, or takes away from Him. Those are basically the two faiths.
Grace is the kindness that God extends to us all through His Son Who purchased that gift by His own body on the cross.
When I was raised, I knew something about this, but never had anybody who took the time or knew how to show me from God's Word what He says about that.
Have you ever had that personal offer?

I think that was already answered.
Jesus the Christ Himself explained to a master of Israel the ONLY requirement for salvation. He devoted half of a chapter to help you understand that.

You are born into this world so you, like everyone else, are condemned and in need of a savior.
You are incapable of saving yourself through baptism or any other good work. Baptism is a ritual much like circumcision was in the O.T. They were physical rituals established in order to demonstrate a spiritual reality. There were many of these, none of which could save.
"Believe" is mentioned exactly 100 times in that one gospel alone. It is emphasized to prove what God requires of you for salvation... No works of man, just that acceptable perfect sacrifice of His only begotten Son. That work was completely acceptable.
Do you believe that?
It was summarized in verse 18.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

One scripture out of thousands and taken to out of context. Again, "says who"? 1500 Christian churches can't all be right!

Tarquin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
Pastor Missy needs to have a service on cults and false prophets.

To the congregation of drooling retards.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

One scripture out of thousands and taken to out of context. Again, "says who"? 1500 Christian churches can't all be right!

You repeat yourself over and over. You have no depth. It's like the peanut gallery. Show us some substance.

Truth exists. What do you believe is the truth? Are you an atheist or a pagan?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Kinda like a lot of stereotypes of “awesome” people. If you haven’t lived around and interacted with them. Amish, illegal aliens, etc etc etc.

Listen to this. It might help. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Listen to this. It might help. wink

That’s a good tune

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think Rodney King got his idea from it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I imagine this is very similar to what a Star Trek convention would be like.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,834
Posts18,478,050
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.