Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
It’s amazing to me that so many “pro” gun folks are anti gun when it comes to felons.

The world is full of weapons and people still think gun control for felons works.

It is not necessarily "Pro" or "Anti" gun people that concern me so much as the TOTAL INABILITY of so many people to be able to independently THINK anymore... and to NOT take the words spoken by MSM as an "Instruction Manual" on how they MUST LIVE THEIR LIVES WITHOUT QUESTIONING ANYTHING.

This one hit that point home (more so than any other memes here recently).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
In Idaho you can.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
If a person is deemed safe enough to walk among us in society they should be afforded the same rights as everybody else.

I oppose the restriction of gun ownership for any free American.

What I was going to say.

They’re either free or they’re not. If they’re unsafe to society, lock them up.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I’m pretty sure the Framers believed that schittbirds would be hanged or locked up long and hard. For now, the rights protected by the 2nd aren’t absolute, subject to reasonable restrictions. Forbidding violent schittbirds from having guns is reasonable; just ask someone who’s wife or child been raped and murdered by one. Obviously it often doesn’t stop them from being armed, but it does allow them to be put away for a time where they can only rape and murder other schittbirds.

My wife went to the ATM to pull $1k in cash two night ago... there were cars lurking around the parking lot... she came home without getting out of her car. Her .380 never came out of her purse.

I went back, pulled out my wallet and one of the Glocks I carry (I typically carry 2 Glocks and a .380)... set the wallet and Glock in plain site on the top shelf of the ATM... ran the transaction, looked over my shoulder once... and then came home.

Who knows and who cares... wolves and schittbirds ain't stupid.

Not picking on you Pappy, but it really is amazing to me how many people alter their own lives out of fear... or deny that they are smack dab in the middle of a War because CNN tells them they are not.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

Would you have felt the same way if Rittenhouse were convicted on all counts?

No, you have a good point. I'm not sure what the answer is but it's not to keep on, keeping on.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If a person is deemed safe enough to walk among us in society they should be afforded the same rights as everybody else.

Bingo!, so few understand this.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Cretch

You make a good point. I might have a bit hasty with my reply. It is not a black & white issue. When the government moves the lines as to what constitutes a felony, it blurs the line.

It is a black and white issue.

I see what you did there grin

Then men that penned the Constitution didn’t let kid fugkers into society either.

It’s pretty black and white.

That was then. Unfortunately this is now.

3825 24336
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smallfry

I am a firm believer in this concept.

That would be reasonable if those "deemed safe enough to walk among us", really were...However, time and again, those who make the decision--normally a liberal judge who believes all can be turned around--are proven wrong and we find they are not out long until they need to go back...There are extremely violent people, who shouldn't be allowed to walk among us, yet are.

There are many crimes that fall under the classification of a felony....Some worse than others, if only obviously.

Recently spent some time with an individual who deals with the worst of them on a daily basis....He would give you a LOL....

Last edited by battue; 11/21/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Rights are suspended while incarcerated but rights can be restored under certain conditions after release. Friend long ago messed up and spent a short time in county jail. After release had to lawyer up and go thru the process. But he got everything restored.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. I also believe the Constitution means exactly what it says. When it says separation of church and state it does not mean freedom from religion. When it says shall not be infringed, it means exactly that. Dont like it, change it!

Last edited by 45_100; 11/21/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
in some states rights can be restored, and Georgia is one of them. this for state violations. there is no way for federal felons to have their rights restored.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
All of the founding fathers were felons.....just putting that out there.
And if someone can "take away" a right, it's not a right it's a privilege.

Very true. I never understood the US obsession with barring felons from owning firearms. The way I see it either you learnt your lesson after you do the time and you enjoy full rights again, or you didnt learn your lesson and if you want to do bad things you will find a way to get an illegal gun anyway...

These bans, like most gun bans only disadvantage those who werent intending to do anything wrong.

I mostly disagree with your position on felons in possession. I think that felons who have been convicted of a definded range of violent crimes and are subsequently convicted of the possession of a firearm should face mandatory termination, full stop, no exceptions. Felons who have been convicted of a definded range of non-violent crimes and are subsequently convicted of possessing a firearm should face a mandatory sentence of 10 year in prison without any opportunity for parole. I believe that so called "Straw Buyers", people who knowingly purchase firearms legally, but acting as an agent for a prohibited person, should also face mandatory 10 year prison sentence if convicted.

Felons, by their very nature, are rule breakers, not typical law abiding citizens. I can't see how banning convicted felons from possesing firearms is a disadvantage to anyone but them. Maybe felons have paid their debt to society, but that doesn't mean that every law abiding citizen is required to embrace them and give them a clean slate, not everyone deserves a second, third, forth, fifth, sixth, etc. chance when their record reflects who and what they are.

The recidivism rate for violent felons who are terminated is 0, while the rate for those who are released into society is over 60% according to prisonlegalnews.org.

Are you a Judge ? If not it would be a good line of work for you.

No, not a judge, I have a strong dislike for attornys and don't think that the justice system does enough to protect society from vicious predators.

I'm just a black and white law and order guy who thinks that violent felons should be permanently removed from society. If given the authority to do so, I would execute them by public hanging in the zip code where their volent crime took place regardless of their age, gender, race, or ethnicity. Within the past couple of days an 18 year old was covicted of shooting and killing a store clerk during an attempted robbery when he was 17. He'll be sentenced in a couple of months, but he has killed and should, IMO, be put down so that he doesn't kill again. Maybe he made a mistake, carrying a gun while attempting to rob that store, but the facts are that he did try to rob that store and he did shoot/kill the clerk. Actions have consequences.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unfortunately, actions do not have consequences for so many. IMHO that is why the country is in the shape it is.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 45_100
I believe the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. I also believe the Constitution means exactly what it says. When it says separation of church and state it does not mean freedom from religion. When it says shall not be infringed, it means exactly that. Dont like it, change it!

Then again, this would be a "what if" discussion when the constitution was written.....What if we hadn't hanged him? Well we did, so it will be the problem of someone in the future if they don't..Old philosophical Ben probably would have found much amusement in throwing it around the table.

Last edited by battue; 11/21/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You make a good point. I might have a bit hasty with my reply. It is not a black & white issue. When the government moves the lines as to what constitutes a felony, it blurs the line.

It is a black and white issue.

I see what you did there grin

Then men that penned the Constitution didn’t let kid fugkers into society either.

It’s pretty black and white.

That was then. Unfortunately this is now.

How convenient.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A felon in possession of a firearm needs killing. I feel anyone convicted of three felonies needs killing. Fact is killing the bad guys will pretty much fix the majority of problems we have in the country. The crooked politicians and or lawyer's will be out of a job.

Not all felonies are created equal. Many are not violent, some can occur from accidents without intent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Felon doesn't mean what it used to mean.

In Iowa a third conviction in 12 years for OWI makes you a felon. A third conviction in 12 years and one month and you are not a felon

In Illinois, if you leave your concealed carry weapon locked in your glove box and your wife (with no CCH License) takes your vehicle to town she is a felon, if caught.

In Illinois, If you leave an unloaded cased shotgun in your vehicle and your wife (with no FOID card) takes that vehicle to town, she is a felon, if caught.

The word felony is supposed to denote a serious crime with serious consequences. Some jurisdictions have watered that meaning down by making felons of people who acted with no criminal intent.

And what of a felon who has paid his debt to society? Is he supposed to pay for the rest of his existence? Suppose he takes a job, marries, has children and prospers righteously. Has he no right to defend himself and his children?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
All of the founding fathers were felons.....just putting that out there.
And if someone can "take away" a right, it's not a right it's a privilege.

Very true. I never understood the US obsession with barring felons from owning firearms. The way I see it either you learnt your lesson after you do the time and you enjoy full rights again, or you didnt learn your lesson and if you want to do bad things you will find a way to get an illegal gun anyway...

These bans, like most gun bans only disadvantage those who werent intending to do anything wrong

Plus 1

What it really comes down to is that we have one particular race of people that commit most of the really violent crimes and as a whole cannot be trusted with firearms. Our Founders understood this but in modern times unless convicted of a felony they have as much right to a weapon as anyone.

Dont try to make our founding fathers racists. There are people of each and all races that commit crimes, just as there are people from each and every race that are good people. Its much more about the living conditions and culture people live in / were raised in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
Felon doesn't mean what it used to mean.

In Iowa a third conviction in 12 years for OWI makes you a felon. A third conviction in 12 years and one month and you are not a felon

In Illinois, if you leave your concealed carry weapon locked in your glove box and your wife (with no CCH License) takes your vehicle to town she is a felon, if caught.

In Illinois, If you leave an unloaded cased shotgun in your vehicle and your wife (with no FOID card) takes that vehicle to town, she is a felon, if caught.

The word felony is supposed to denote a serious crime with serious consequences. Some jurisdictions have watered that meaning down by making felons of people who acted with no criminal intent.

And what of a felon who has paid his debt to society? Is he supposed to pay for the rest of his existence? Suppose he takes a job, marries, has children and prospers righteously. Has he no right to defend himself and his children?

If an individual is judged by the court as a menace to society, that person should be locked away until such time as that menace is considered canceled.
If an individual cannot be considered safe to walk the streets with all of his constitutional guaranties in place, he should never take a free step.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Not real sure how I feel about felons possessing modern firearms.

Say, for example consensual sex between teenagers but with enough age difference for one to be charged with statutory rape which is a felony in many states.

Another example happened to a young nephew of a friend of mine -- charged with possession of small amount of an substance classified as a illegal drug, a misdemeanor, with an added charge of 'while in possession of a firearm' which upgraded it to a felony -- the firearm was a long forgotten old rickety rusty single shot shotgun buried under a pile of basically trash deep in the trunk of the vehicle he was driving. No shotgun ammo or any other kind of ammo was found. He nor anyone else had any idea how long the old shot gun could have been there or even it was there at all.

Another, an old friend, got drunk one cold night back in his youth, woke up on the pavement of the parking lot outside a local business, freezing he started a little fire trying to warm up, the fire got away from him and caused substantial damage to the business.

He went on and led a good productive life, bought sold and traded guns for years when ever he wanted to. Many years later after retiring he attempted to purchase a gun from a firearms dealer and was denied via BATF background check --- reason - his record showed he had a felony arson conviction over 50 years prior.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Judges , lawyers , politicians, and the propaganda machine media is what has twisted the constitution and produced legislation that can be twisted to harm some groups of people while giving lead way to people who need cut off at the knees .
How often have we said and supported “shall not be infringed “
How often have we said “protection is an individual responsibilty”
The we need help gang has been around for a long time “a chicken in every pot” has carried a lot corrupt people in office and still a handy “vote for me scheme”
Kenneth

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (1Longbow, 1moredeer, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,930
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.