Hop To
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by reivertom
Marketing

Plus SAAMI specced 8 twist factory barrels and throats that promote great accuracy from factory loads.

John,

Not exactly. The 8-twist barrels and SAAMI throats helped, but the big "marketing" push didn't occur until several years after the 6.5 CM appeared, as I noted in a previous post--and was primarily due to hunters finding out how well it worked, not Hornady's limited early promotion as a target round.

A good example of this is one of my magazine editors, who maybe 4-5 years ago told all the staff writers that he didn't want any more articles involving the 6.5 Creedmoor. Then a year or two later he changed his mind, because so many READERS were demanding more info in the magazine....

JB,

Simply saying that marketing won't turn a sow ear into a silk purse and there is a big list of cartidges that were marketed heavily but failed due to poor design.

I think we are pretty much on the same page.

Fun fact but Wayne V killed the first elk with the 6.5 CM and I set the rifle up and was the spotter.

Wayne won't admit it was at 600yds. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Marketing

Plus SAAMI specced 8 twist factory barrels and throats that promote great accuracy from factory loads.

John,

Not exactly. The 8-twist barrels and SAAMI throats helped, but the big "marketing" push didn't occur until several years after the 6.5 CM appeared, as I noted in a previous post--and was primarily due to hunters finding out how well it worked, not Hornady's limited early promotion as a target round.

A good example of this is one of my magazine editors, who maybe 4-5 years ago told all the staff writers that he didn't want any more articles involving the 6.5 Creedmoor. Then a year or two later he changed his mind, because so many READERS were demanding more info in the magazine....

JB,

Simply saying that marketing won't turn a sow ear into a silk purse and there is a big list of cartidges that were marketed heavily but failed due to poor design.

Fun fact but Wayne V killed the first elk with the 6.5 CM and I set the rifle up and was the spotter.

I think it’s recorded in a video though isn’t it John? I remember watching him and man, everyone looked a little surprised when that bull took a nose dive.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
According to a European study, 7mm bullets have been linked to heart disease and cancer. These conditions aren't a problem in Scandinavian countries, or with 6.5mm bullets. The US is slowly being integrated into the European collective. Resistance is futile.

Hornady has been secretly funded by several European governments to develop ammunition that is,

1. Euro friendly;
2. Very accurate (to lure Americans away from the various 30 cal cartridges);
3. Less fattening;
4. Cheaper; and
5. Designed to convert the US to metric.

This last thing is troubling. According to the National Reloading Foundation, metric measurements will change the reloading landscape in the US within a few years. Grains will become grams. Meters will replace feet. 1000 yd ranges will become 914 meters, etc.

It has been happening in the US for several years now. Plummeting 30-06 and 308 Winchester sales. The constant, in your face comparisons of the 6.5CM to the Swede. Canada (a metric country) produces much of the powder for the US market. The same goes for Australia. Lapua bullets are more widely available. Coincidence? No.

Sweden is quietly going about their metric, 6.5mm business. They want the 6.5x55mm restored to its former glory, and are using the 6.5CM as their way in. Keep your eyes on Lindström, Minnesota. The US centre of operations.

Expect warning labels on store bought 7mm and 30 cal ammunition. Swedish will be taught in more US high schools. Vihtavuori powder will arrive in the US in much larger quantities than before, displacing the old standbys. American children will be taught that herring and Köttbullar (Swedish meatballs) are healthy foods.

For many people, it's too late.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Whatcha doing with that bowl of bait?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by beretzs

I think it’s recorded in a video though isn’t it John? I remember watching him and man, everyone looked a little surprised when that bull took a nose dive.

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOo6gprtKeA&t=3s

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOo6gprtKeA&t=3s

That’s the one. Great stuff.

Semper Fi
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
John,

Yeah, I know Wayne pretty well, and have hunted with him a few times. Would kinda understand why he wouldn't acknowledge that....

"Simply saying that marketing won't turn a sow ear into a silk purse and there is a big list of cartridges that were marketed heavily but failed due to poor design" is basically what I said in another post--though also referring to the Ford Edsel and New Coke!

Good hunting,
John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
According to a European study, 7mm bullets have been linked to heart disease and cancer. These conditions aren't a problem in Scandinavian countries, or with 6.5mm bullets. The US is slowly being integrated into the European collective. Resistance is futile.

Hornady has been secretly funded by several European governments to develop ammunition that is,

1. Euro friendly;
3. Less fattening;
4. Cheaper; and

This last thing is troubling. According to the National Reloading Foundation, metric measurements will change the reloading landscape in the US within a few years. Grains will become grams. Meters will replace feet. 1000 yd ranges will become 914 meters, etc.

It has been happening in the US for several years now. Plummeting 30-06 and 308 Winchester sales. The constant, in your face comparisons of the 6.5CM to the Swede. Canada (a metric country) produces much of the powder for the US market. The same goes for Australia. Lapua bullets are more widely available. Coincidence? No.

Sweden is quietly going about their metric, 6.5mm business. They want the 6.5x55mm restored to its former glory, and are using the 6.5CM as their way in. Keep your eyes on Lindström, Minnesota. The US centre of operations.

Expect warning labels on store bought 7mm and 30 cal ammunition. Swedish will be taught in more US high schools. Vihtavuori powder will arrive in the US in much larger quantities than before, displacing the old standbys. American children will be taught that herring and Köttbullar (Swedish meatballs) are healthy foods.

laugh

I'd like to convince more people to incorporate 6.5mms into their outdoor activities. We have to remember that the 6.5mm market is too crowded, so the 6.5CM, 6.5-284 and the 26 Nosler will fail. There are others that are doomed to fail as well, like the 6.5 PRC.

This is a golden opportunity to pick up a 6.5x55mm, 6.5x54, 6.5 Carcano, 6.5 Grendel or some other rifles at bargain basement prices. I am presently in negotiations with Honda. I would like them to include a 6.5 Arisaka with every new or Honda certified used vehicle. I figure I will try Fiat, Lamborghini and a few others as well.

We shouldn't forget the 6.5mm Portuguese Mausers, the 6.5 Gibbs or the 6.5 Epps. I've got Steve Hornady interested in the 6.5 Vostok, but he is a bit worried because of its Russian origins. Still, it is a biathlon cartridge after all.

6.5 Vostok (6.5x54r)

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Same study that linked Redgwell to perpetual dumbasssery.

What's wrong? Didn't they bring you your Jell-O? laugh

You'd be cranky too if you born with ears like Dumbo.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I've kind of like dumbo ears.....

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

so Steve once again an anti gun, pro China, pro black face Trudeau covtard Canadian like you should stick to double masking and multi vaxxing, 8 boosters and shutting down all businesses to save the world from the deadly Covid

Originally Posted by Pharmseller

1. Euro friendly;
3. Less fattening;
4. Cheaper; and

laugh

I'd like to convince more people to incorporate 6.5mms into their outdoor activities. We have to remember that the 6.5mm market is too crowded, so the 6.5CM, 6.5-284 and the 26 Nosler will fail. There are others doomed to failure as well, like the 6.5 PRC.

This is a golden opportunity to pick up 6.5x55mm, 6.5x54, 6.5 Carcano, 6.5 Grendel and some others at bargain basement prices. I am presently in negotiations with Honda. I would like them to include a 6.5 Arisaka with every new or Honda certified used vehicle. I figure I will try Fiat, Lamborghini and a few others as well.

We shouldn't forget the 6.5mm Portuguese Mausers, the 6.5 Gibbs or the 6.5 Epps. I've got Steve Hornady interested in the 6.5 Vostok, but he is a bit worried because of its Russian origins. Still, it is a biathlon cartridge after all.

6.5 Vostok (6.5x54r)

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

no response for that, beautiful

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
and the well seasoned rifle guy chimes in grin

Marketing

John,

JB,

laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Missed your meds again, ribbie? laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Why the 6.5 CM? Well because it performs. It “punches above its weight class”. Which is how Taylor described the 375 H&H.
That is why.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
And I always thought that this was the one forum at the fire free of children.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So did I,

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ribka

no response for that, beautiful

I like big ears, too.... laugh

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RinB

Why the 6.5 CM? Well because it performs. It “punches above its weight class”. Which is how Taylor described the 375 H&H.
That is why.

That well may well be the "bottom line", for sure not the last word... wink

DF

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I told you if you posted that pic again you were in for a shanking.

Watch your 6.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RinB

That is why.

Along with being a cartridge recommended for light recoil, and having high bc bullets for long range, that used to be how the 7mm-08 was described.

Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,152
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.