OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You like it...thanks

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

You have single-handedly dropped the base IQ of Alaska by at least 20 points.

The only point you have is on your head.

Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Wish I could figure out how to post pics so folks could maybe understand what I'm saying.

I guess I'm just weird where I believe our property is ours. No grey area.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

joel....has the guy shot anything on your land?......or do you feel that he is going to......bob

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
if i was that other guy and i knew how much it bothers you i would sure play hell with your mind next year.

who knows, maybe he is doing it now.
all over a deer!!!!!

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dam, I hit a sore spot on people's hunting style. Obviously I offended some of you

Last edited by Joel/AK; 03/05/22.
IC B2

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HitnRun

You have single-handedly dropped the base IQ of Alaska by at least 20 points.

The only point you have is on your head.

Wish I could figure out how to post pics so folks could maybe understand what I'm saying.

I guess I'm just weird where I believe our property is ours. No grey area.

Dont know what your trying to say but most of my friends back home stick to their beliefs. We don't back down. You may not agree with my beliefs and I couldn't give 2 fugs.

Alaska and Michigan hunting are 2 totally separate things. Apples and oranges.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I was checking cameras today and took this picture of my neighbors shooting house. I have no idea why the door is open but the bottom of ladder is on our property. In the 10 years they've been hunting there I have no pictures or any or other sign that they've been on our property.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I was checking cameras today and took this picture of my neighbors shooting house. I have no idea why the door is open but the bottom of ladder is on our property. In the 10 years they've been hunting there I have no pictures or any or other sign that they've been on our property.

dear lort!

i think thats a booby trap.

maybe the pic is distorted, how tall is it? 20'? grin grin

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have to say this thread has been educational. I had never seen the term "line hunter" before. Here in the west I have the option of hunting public lands (and I live here intentionally for this reason), but in some places I do still need to know where private property lines are so I can avoid trespassing. (GPS sure is helpful!!) I have previously hunted places where it is all private, and you need to be sure whose land you are on, so the problem is not unfamiliar. I have just never experienced what is being discussed in this thread. Then again, I am likely the last person who would "line hunt" due to an aversion for stand hunting (I still-hunt), and a bigger aversion to potentially having to retrieve game that crossed to where I don't have permission to be. Just don't want to have that kind of setup. I prefer a day when I can cruise around see no one else out there, and not have to worry where my game dies. On the other hand, that is also why I use enough gun, so what I shoot is unlikely to get far.

Eye opener.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

That would be cool. I have never seen a tree stand. I hunt public land exclusively. Count yourself lucky you don't have to deal with that bullchidt.. You'd really be biotching.. ha ha

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

dear lort!

i think thats a booby trap.

maybe the pic is distorted, how tall is it? 20'? grin grin

That's a hell of a high out house. I bet the chidt really splats from that high up..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I'm not seeing the boundary fence.
Is it just my cheesy phone, or my aging eyes?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
From the East and this is also the first time I've heard the term. Here there are many occasions where one can hunt property lines. As far as poaching, you either shot game on land you are allowed to hunt or you didn't. Which seems to be the common definition of poaching,

Joel, who seems the be a great guy for some reason feels that if you are looking onto his land you are a poacher, a would be poacher and are in someway illegally violating his property. However, until you shoot something on it....or step foot on you have done nothing illegal.

The whole situation is fairly common in places were there are different properties in close proximity. In the HuntX pic I posted there is a piece that looks down onto Scrubgrass property, and the owners have a box blind that looks into Scrubgrass and is close to their line. No big deal...Deer come up the valley and cross onto their property they become legal. And neither owners make an issue of it...No matter which way the Deer are crossing. In addition, Scrubgrass is all woods and the other surrounding owners corn feeds them more than a little.

Last edited by battue; 03/06/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Never heard the term ‘line hunter’ either.
The area(s) I hunt here in PA have a LOT of ‘lines’. For the most part everyone seems to do their best to respect others property.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://imgur.com/a/VDBXmHO

And we still own another 25feetor so towards the stand. Don't tell me he's hunting his land

Last edited by Joel/AK; 03/06/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever you do, don't introduce yourself before the season and have a rational conversation. Spend your life patrolling the line and trying to fugg his hunt up rather than focus on making yours successful.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Whatever you do, don't introduce yourself before the season and have a rational conversation. Spend your life patrolling the line and trying to fugg his hunt up rather than focus on making yours successful.

If you could read, I said I was gonna make contact

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
https://imgur.com/a/VDBXmHO

And we still own another 25feetor so towards the stand. Don't tell me he's hunting his land

has he shot anything on your land....bob

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Heard some shots from that area but no,can't prove anything. Will have cameras this year.

Amazing how many of you condone this practice. Says alot

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Condone what practice?......someone hanging a stand on their own property or property they have permission on? Yes I condone that

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 55 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.