Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wife and i spent a week cruising backroads wy couple weeks ago,

lander, thermopolis, cody, pinedale, went to the elk refuge couple times, i worked at saratoga , west of laramie, and at kemmerer when i was young, east montana is wearing on me after 15 years, long drive to any elk hunting without a draw tag, 7 hour drive to any decant trout on a flyrod, phesant numbers have plummeted, big muledeer getting hard to come by, and im in the field 250 days a year scouting, i meant working,,,,,,

the flyfishermen were doing great things the other day while we were there and we didnt pack a rod,, the dinosaurs in thermopolis was neat to see, and read about the weather in that basin,,, i see wyoming in the future, lander or cody probably, and another string of mules for the big mountains,,,,,,,

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
wyoming will be the free'est state the longest. I have tried to figure out a way to move there. its just too damn cold there. some parts of it aren't particularly very pretty. there is no state income tax. sales taxes and property taxes are very low too. The only tax I think that is out of line is it appears they hammer the living crap out of you for registering newer vehicles. If you drive older vehicles it looks like registration is in line with other states. anything under about 4 years old and you get pummeled in cost.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B
I’d move tomorrow if I could. Wife not so much.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Just FYI - the least windy town in Wyoming is Lander.

They did used to say that about Lander. 40-60 mph is a bit breezy. Pretty much no place in Wyoming is not windy. Rawlins is windy, Lander is windy, Casper is more windy, Cheyenne is really windy, Cody is windy, Sheridan/Buffalo can get quite windy depending where you are on the slope outflow areas, Gillette is windy, the NE is not too windy, the desert is very windy. And when it is still air in winter, that is when the sub-zero temperatures really set in. A perfect place if you like cold.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
wyoming will be the free'est state the longest. I have tried to figure out a way to move there. its just too damn cold there. some parts of it aren't particularly very pretty. there is no state income tax. sales taxes and property taxes are very low too. The only tax I think that is out of line is it appears they hammer the living crap out of you for registering newer vehicles. If you drive older vehicles it looks like registration is in line with other states. anything under about 4 years old and you get pummeled in cost.

For a state that is so dependent on energy extraction to keep household taxes to a minimum I wonder how much longer that can last. I guess the legislature can suck tax money out of the wind farms but coal is no longer a cash cow and in fact is dying there.

Lost Arra in previous camp life
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I guess it was a bit breezy on December 12.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I’ll take those odds.

🦫

It can get odd in Wyoming but it might suit ya..

Laffin. 😬

Jeff, you told me your were cold, scared of the dark, and only needed a hug to go back to sleep.

🤣🤷🏽‍♀️🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When people say the quiet parts out loud......

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You two make a cute couple..... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
You two make a cute couple..... smile

Originally Posted by JeffP
When people say the quiet parts out loud......

All I will say is.....Damn you all to Hell !

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are no least windy places in Wyoming. It was about 0 this morning. Should be colder and snowier and windier this whole week.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wyoming needs to borrow Nebraska’s tourist slogan.
“Wyoming, honestly it’s not for everyone “

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Ralphie
There are no least windy places in Wyoming. It was about 0 this morning. Should be colder and snowier and windier this whole week.

We must be neighbors Ralphie, I live just north of Cody.

My ex boss grew up in Newcastle but has lived all over the state and he said the wind in the black hills in NE Wyoming aren’t as bad as in the rest of the state.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

Or former Oregon Governor McCall's slogan for California, "Come but don't stay" They did and then they didn't.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

LOL. Well put. -15 here, more sub-zero predicted.

Perfect slogan. But there are a few really nice days during tourist season...as long as the forests are not burning.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jaguar

LOL. Well put. -15 here, more sub-zero predicted.

Perfect slogan. But there are a few really nice days during tourist season...as long as the forests are not burning.

No kidding. It felt like living in a smoggy bubble last year. Couldn't see the mountains a couple miles away, couldn't see town, difficult to glass animals. Was gloomy for a good bit.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
280Rem1,

It is pretty bad when the tourists who came to see the Tetons can't even see up past their ankles because of the smoke!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not all of Wyoming is windy! If I had to deal with the winds that most of the state deals with....I’d live underground or be looking elsewhere! I don’t do wind! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/07/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Stammster
Montana or Idaho would be better than Wyoming.

Sick bastard.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I were to leave Iowa as close to Wyoming as I want to be would be Dodge City Kansas or the Flint Hills. I guess I'm stuck in Iowa for the duration. But, I understand why you want out of Washington. Another State lost to the leftist idiots.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 68 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,835
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.