Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by memtb
Not all of Wyoming is windy! If I had to deal with the winds that most of the state deals with....I’d live underground or be looking elsewhere! I don’t do wind! memtb

Same here.

Need to avoid the downslope areas. ( And perhaps the southern half of the state!)

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Cheyenne.
Windy, bitter cold, blowing snow, fast changing weather without notice, windy, more wind, yearly hail month that will rip your siding off, roof destruction, pound the chit out of your vehicles.
Closed roads in and out of the area for up to 2 days.
I've no plans to move away.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by memtb
Not all of Wyoming is windy! If I had to deal with the winds that most of the state deals with....I’d live underground or be looking elsewhere! I don’t do wind! memtb

Same here.

Need to avoid the downslope areas. ( And perhaps the southern half of the state!)

You guys are killing me. Try and catch on.🤐

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 5spd
In Cheyenne.
Windy, bitter cold, blowing snow, fast changing weather without notice, windy, more wind, yearly hail month that will rip your siding off, roof destruction, pound the chit out of your vehicles.
Closed roads in and out of the area for up to 2 days.
I've no plans to move away.

Perfect description of Cheyenne.

I did leave Cheyenne. 1) need mountains to be happy; none close enough. 2) too close to Denver. 3) not cold enough. 4) got tired of wind-blown pebbles in the face while riding my bicycle for training.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brokenarra
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
wyoming will be the free'est state the longest. I have tried to figure out a way to move there. its just too damn cold there. some parts of it aren't particularly very pretty. there is no state income tax. sales taxes and property taxes are very low too. The only tax I think that is out of line is it appears they hammer the living crap out of you for registering newer vehicles. If you drive older vehicles it looks like registration is in line with other states. anything under about 4 years old and you get pummeled in cost.

For a state that is so dependent on energy extraction to keep household taxes to a minimum I wonder how much longer that can last. I guess the legislature can suck tax money out of the wind farms but coal is no longer a cash cow and in fact is dying there.

good point, but at least the legislature does that instead of just spending more. Utah where I live just does that. We have billions in surplus every year. what does the state do, just spend more money. this is why I say wyoming will be the freest state the longest.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have lived in Lander WY since 1940.

Unless you enjoy howling wind, subzero winters, snow 9 months of the year, icy roads, potholed streets, skyhigh vehicle registration, expensive housing, out of sight land prices, lack of basic shopping needs, nonexistant public transportation, scarce medical services, Californication of your neighborhood, along with your city council and school board, 20 percent high school drop out rate and usually the highest gas prices in the state, you might not want to move here.

Try some undiscovered (as yet) quiet little places that have much to offer for the person who wants to get away from it all, such as Farson, Baroil, Muddy Gap, Kinnear, Big Piney, Moneta, Waltman and Fort Washakie. You might be happier there.

I hear Montana is very nice.

whistle whistle whistle

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Montana sucks also.... not only high wind, but azz deep snow and rural homes with a little land start at a cool $million.
Although you may find a bargain in Crow Agency or Browning... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Move to Livingston MT to get out of the wind.

That’s just mean...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Everything negative about Wyoming I like…..cept Liz!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Price property there. Not an original idea.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork

Unless you enjoy howling wind, subzero winters, snow 9 months of the year, icy roads, potholed streets, skyhigh vehicle registration, expensive housing, out of sight land prices, lack of basic shopping needs, nonexistant public transportation, scarce medical services, Californication of your neighborhood, along with your city council and school board, 20 percent high school drop out rate and usually the highest gas prices in the state, you might not want to move here.

Try some undiscovered (as yet) quiet little places that have much to offer for the person who wants to get away from it all, such as Farson, Baroil, Muddy Gap, Kinnear, Big Piney, Moneta, Waltman and Fort Washakie. You might be happier there.

whistle whistle whistle

Californication is there now, too?

Guess I’m not surprised. If it’s been happening in AK, Wyoming shouldn’t be a shocker.

Sad news!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by jnyork

whistle whistle whistle

Californication is there now, too?

Guess I’m not surprised. If it’s been happening in AK, Wyoming shouldn’t be a shocker.

Sad news!

🦫

If a dozen Californians move to Wyoming it's noticeable.....
If a million Californians move to Texas it is also noticeable...
See how that works?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stammster
Montana or Idaho would be better than Wyoming.

Oh Hell yeah...Montana, Idaho, Colorado or Utah would be way better than Wyoming, tell all your friends too.

Last edited by shootbrownelk; 03/07/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Stammster
Montana or Idaho would be better than Wyoming.

Oh Hell yeah...Montana, Idaho, Colorado or Utah would be way better than Wyoming, tell all your friends too.

You have to be a multi-millionaire to live in Montana..... maybe New Mexico would be better? they have "social programs"

Forget Idaho. We're full

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar

If 200,000 registered Democrat voters move here, the state flips blue. California could peel off that number without even noticing the loss. The wind is our friend, as annoying as it is at times.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by irfubar

If 200,000 registered Democrat voters move here, the state flips blue. California could peel off that number without even noticing the loss. The wind is our friend, as annoying as it is at times.

Indeed.... smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know prairie dog shooting up there in the wind can get pretty interesting.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Jerry, you forgot a few nice little towns.

Hawk Springs, Gebo, Cumberland, Carbon, Almy, Lamont, Jeffrey City, Ervay, Moskee.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Ralphie, I did fail to mention the 100 + F summer days, sometimes single digit humidity, the occasional-30 or cooler winter mornings, and the 4” (on a good year) annual precipitation! But.....we don’t have wind! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,459
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.