Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yes there is a presence in some places. Some are more sensitive than others.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Do I believe in ghosts....? NO! MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible clearly states that there is no communication between the living and the dead. None. It also clearly states that demons are real. They're not dead people and have never been people. They're angels who rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven along with their leader, Satan. They're very real and dangerous beyond imagination. People who get into seances and the like have no idea of the evil power they're messing with.
This.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I personally believe that there are many dimensions. And that time as we perceive it is merely an illusion. That is to say we can only experience it one way. Other being might be able to move back and forth on a timeline. God can see all of time and all of creation laid out before him. He can see everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen laid out before him as the great NOW. Thus it is all happening simultaneously to him. And perhaps, other beings as well are more perceptive of this and able to move in other dimensions more freely. I believe the spirit world is largely just that, another dimension with beings who inhabit it like we inhabit ours.

Anyway, from time to time I believe these beings may dip into our dimension and we are able to perceive them, a little like a fish might see a hand thrust into the water without seeing the human it is attached to. He sees it come in and go out. He doesn’t know where it came from or where it went. To him it was there and now it is gone. Some ghosts are like that.

And since I think time is more or less happening all the time everything at once. That means in some respect the battle of Gettysburg is still being fought and will continue to be so forever. So, sometimes this bleeds over into our dimension or certain persons are able to perceive it as though through a glass, darkly.
This.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I personally believe that there are many dimensions. And that time as we perceive it is merely an illusion. That is to say we can only experience it one way. Other being might be able to move back and forth on a timeline. God can see all of time and all of creation laid out before him. He can see everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen laid out before him as the great NOW. Thus it is all happening simultaneously to him. And perhaps, other beings as well are more perceptive of this and able to move in other dimensions more freely. I believe the spirit world is largely just that, another dimension with beings who inhabit it like we inhabit ours.

Anyway, from time to time I believe these beings may dip into our dimension and we are able to perceive them, a little like a fish might see a hand thrust into the water without seeing the human it is attached to. He sees it come in and go out. He doesn’t know where it came from or where it went. To him it was there and now it is gone. Some ghosts are like that.

And since I think time is more or less happening all the time everything at once. That means in some respect the battle of Gettysburg is still being fought and will continue to be so forever. So, sometimes this bleeds over into our dimension or certain persons are able to perceive it as though through a glass, darkly.
This.
Agree

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember reading a theory that everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen all occurs simultaneously. The analogy was that time is like a flip book - it is a series of "stills" that are always there. We have not figured out how to flip backwards, jump ahead, or stop the forward flip.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by stxhunter

This.
Agree
Yup, we’ll said.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Read James Lee Burke and see his description of ghostly Rebel soldiers.

Jim

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I remember reading a theory that everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen all occurs simultaneously. The analogy was that time is like a flip book - it is a series of "stills" that are always there. We have not figured out how to flip backwards, jump ahead, or stop the forward flip.

Time is a dimension that an omnipotent being can see spread out before him. We on the other hand can only experience time on a straight line moving in one direction. We can see back but we can’t go back and we can’t see forward, we can only move forward against our will.

It explains how God knows everything while simultaneously allowing us free will. It isn’t that he knows what we will do and had foreordained it thus denying us our free will, he sees it is happening currently though to us, we haven’t reached that point in the timeline. Such a theory would also seem to imply that at least some version of reality exists at every point in the timeline. So there are, in essence many or infinite versions of ourselves each occupying different points in the timeline and moving forward separately.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any Roman Catholic believers that there is no communication between the living and the dead (Excluding Jesus and the Apostles that is)???

If so, do any of them believe in the Virgin of Guadalupe, Our Lady of Fatima, or the Virgin of Lourdes?

Believe in Visions of the Saints?

“That Prison of Suffering”—St. Maria Faustyna Kowalska

St. Maria Faustyna Kowalska, most commonly known as St. Faustina, was a Polish nun who claimed to have had a series of visions that included Jesus, the Eucharist, angels and various saints. It is from her visions, recorded in her diary, that the Church received the now popular devotion the Divine Mercy Chaplet. In one entry, she tells of a vision of purgatory:

“I saw my guardian angel, who ordered me to follow him. In a moment I was in a misty place full of fire in which there was a great crowd of suffering souls. They were praying fervently, but to no avail, for themselves; only we can come to their aid. The flames, which were burning them, did not touch me at all. My guardian angel did not leave me for an instant. I asked these souls what their greatest suffering was. They answered me in one voice that their greatest torment was longing for God.

“I saw Our Lady visiting the souls in purgatory. The souls call her ‘The Star of the Sea.’ She brings them refreshment. I wanted to talk with them some more, but my guardian angel beckoned me to leave. We went out of that prison of suffering. [I heard an interior voice, which said] ‘My mercy does not want this, but justice demands it. Since that time I am in closer communion with the suffering souls.’” (Diary of St. Faustina 20)

there's a couple of more on the page that ^ came from

https://aleteia.org/2013/11/01/3-sobering-visions-of-purgatory-from-the-saints/

Assuming the story of the Virgin Mary is correct, she would be considered a dead person (human spirit) communicating with presently living humans?

I'm not that familiar with any of the Protestant versions of Christianity, do any of them believe in Saints, visions, and such (Episcopal/Anglicans perhaps?)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
An older story from a different forum:

“One evening my wife and I were driving back from a day in the hills. We drove past a friend's house about 6 PM. They were having a family function and a dozen or more people were gathered together in the front yard. Their eldest son, let's call him "Mark", was standing maybe 50 feet off to one side, watching and smiling, dressed in swim trunks and a t-shirt. As we slowed down and honked, he waved and grinned at us.

An hour after we got home we had a phone call telling us that "Mark" had drowned in a mountain lake at noon.”

Spooky as hell.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Any Roman Catholic believers that there is no communication between the living and the dead (Excluding Jesus and the Apostles that is)???

If so, do any of them believe in the Virgin of Guadalupe, Our Lady of Fatima, or the Virgin of Lourdes?

Believe in Visions of the Saints?

“That Prison of Suffering”—St. Maria Faustyna Kowalska

St. Maria Faustyna Kowalska, most commonly known as St. Faustina, was a Polish nun who claimed to have had a series of visions that included Jesus, the Eucharist, angels and various saints. It is from her visions, recorded in her diary, that the Church received the now popular devotion the Divine Mercy Chaplet. In one entry, she tells of a vision of purgatory:

“I saw my guardian angel, who ordered me to follow him. In a moment I was in a misty place full of fire in which there was a great crowd of suffering souls. They were praying fervently, but to no avail, for themselves; only we can come to their aid. The flames, which were burning them, did not touch me at all. My guardian angel did not leave me for an instant. I asked these souls what their greatest suffering was. They answered me in one voice that their greatest torment was longing for God.

“I saw Our Lady visiting the souls in purgatory. The souls call her ‘The Star of the Sea.’ She brings them refreshment. I wanted to talk with them some more, but my guardian angel beckoned me to leave. We went out of that prison of suffering. [I heard an interior voice, which said] ‘My mercy does not want this, but justice demands it. Since that time I am in closer communion with the suffering souls.’” (Diary of St. Faustina 20)

there's a couple of more on the page that ^ came from

https://aleteia.org/2013/11/01/3-sobering-visions-of-purgatory-from-the-saints/

Assuming the story of the Virgin Mary is correct, she would be considered a dead person (human spirit) communicating with presently living humans?

I'm not that familiar with any of the Protestant versions of Christianity, do any of them believe in Saints, visions, and such (Episcopal/Anglicans perhaps?)

As a Catholic - I don't see those people as "dead" - Blessed Mother, Saints, etc.

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him." (John 3: 36)

"And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, 'Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?' He said to him, 'What is written in the law? How do you read?' And he answered, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.' And he said to him, 'You have answered right; do this, and you will live.' " (Luke 10: 25-28)

"So Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. ' " (John 6: 53-57)

Eternal LIFE is pretty specific/clear.

Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"So Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. ' " (John 6: 53-57)

That's some fugked up schit right there, I don't care how you slice it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

It's the biblical basis/foundation for the Holy Eucharist and transubstantiation.

Me

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Please read the entire chapter 6 of the book of John.
It will give you the context, and you can see what Jesus is actually referring to.
This was a discussion being held at the time of Passover, after Jesus performed the miracle of feeding the five thousand.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The farm had not been lived in for close onto 20 years when we acquired it. The old guy, Arnold, had lived there for a number of years alone after his wife died.

Shortly after we moved in, odd things started happening. For one thing, the back door kept coming unlocked. For another, a light in the upstairs attic started coming on all by itself.

Then the apparitions started. Over the next few years, KYHillchick, I and the kids all saw or heard someone in his underwear going from the smaller of the two downstairs bedrooms to the bathroom.

Once, 'Hilll woke up to footsteps, and thought it was one of us hitting the can at 0300, but no one ever came back. When he actually appeared, you'd catch him out of the corner of your eye and try to look at him directly, and he'd be gone.

I solved the door problem by putting a big barrel bolt on the door and adding a padlock on the outside. He still occasionally works the deadbolt, but he hasn't found the padlock.

The upstairs light is still a problem. I'll come in for the weekend, turn on the main breaker and find the upstairs light is on. I'll turn it off, go downstairs and then find it on again before I leave on Sunday.

Once, this was about 5 years in, I was out back talking to 'Hillchick on the cellphone. Suddenly, I heard voices coming from inside the cabin. It sounded like two men walking in through the back door and going into the dining room while having a conversation. I told 'HillChick that the neighbors were visiting, and had to go. I went in the house, and there was no one there.

Outside of the last incident, none of this has been particularly creepy. Even seeing a little guy in his underwear didn't seem all that odd. We just learned to live with it, and it pretty much fizzled after the first decade. I still have a problem with the upstairs light, but even that is getting to be a rare thing.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You better be afraid of the ghosts.

👅

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Satan's game is to get you to believe in anything that's against Jesus. These 'ghosts' are his demons, sent to deceive you. Yes, many times people have seen spirits, haints, whatever you want to call them, but none of them are departed souls. They're Satan's followers deceiving you.

RC,

What’s the deception, and if it’s from Satan, why?

A person sees something, call it a ghost or spirit. The spirit/ghost doesn’t say or do anything. The person who saw it only has a story to tell that they saw something.

It would be different if the ghost/spirit said, go kill your cat and drinks it’s blood. Then sure, maybe it’s a demon. But just a sighting of a something that didn’t speak - To me that’s reaching to say it’s 100% satanic.

Change my mind.

🦫
Jesus said that there is no contact between the living and the dead. If Satan can convince you that there there is, then he's convinced you that Jesus was wrong, that he's imperfect, and he is not God.
The case of Samuel appearing to Saul was a special case. As Jesus said, with God all things are possible. God has the power to make the impossible possible. He impossibly brought Jesus back from the dead, did he not? God also impossibly made dead believers appear when Jesus died on the cross. They were seen walking around Jerusalem. We aren't given any information what that was all about other than it happened. It was another special case of God exercising his infinite power to do the impossible.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Satan's game is to get you to believe in anything that's against Jesus. These 'ghosts' are his demons, sent to deceive you. Yes, many times people have seen spirits, haints, whatever you want to call them, but none of them are departed souls. They're Satan's followers deceiving you.

RC,

What’s the deception, and if it’s from Satan, why?

A person sees something, call it a ghost or spirit. The spirit/ghost doesn’t say or do anything. The person who saw it only has a story to tell that they saw something.

It would be different if the ghost/spirit said, go kill your cat and drinks it’s blood. Then sure, maybe it’s a demon. But just a sighting of a something that didn’t speak - To me that’s reaching to say it’s 100% satanic.

Change my mind.

🦫
Jesus said that there is no contact between the living and the dead. If Satan can convince you that there there is, then he's convinced you that Jesus was wrong, that he's imperfect, and he is not God.
The case of Samuel appearing to Saul was a special case. As Jesus said, with God all things are possible. God has the power to make the impossible possible. He impossibly brought Jesus back from the dead, did he not? God also impossibly made dead believers appear when Jesus died on the cross. They were seen walking around Jerusalem. We aren't given any information what that was all about other than it happened. It was another special case of God exercising his infinite power to do the impossible.

Then couldn’t God be exercising his infinite power, doing the impossible for someone who sees something, or hears a voice from somebody they once knew…Like a child, a parent, grandma, spouse, etc…?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.