Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

The armed forces all vowed to uphold the constitution.Shooting at or disarming the citizenry isn't going to fly with them.

At 19 I vowed to Protect and Defend Blah blah blah, I was going in the Army to grow up and get some skills training (Radio Communication) I couldn't tell you, at the time about the Constitution, etc... YEARS later I went to visit Philadelphia and Carpenter's Hall and that's where I learned the meaning of true patriotism.
The guys enlisting take the oath, but do they really understand what they're doing?

Like the street punks always saying "On my life..." when lying about something.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The left calls the constitution a living, breathing document. Anything that lives and breathes can also be choked to death.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have always heard “as California goes, so goes the nation.”

Over the last 50 years it appears to be generally true.

What would California do to the 2nd, if it could?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The left calls the constitution a living, breathing document. Anything that lives and breathes can also be choked to death.
They also think there is unlimited genders and that biological males can have babies, so there is that.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Sri Lanka has no Second Amendment, yet they walked in and threw the bums out and jumped in the pool. Globalism is actually failing. The dollar is dying as we experience its sudden depreciation at the pump, in the grocery store and everywhere else. The Empire is bankrupt and toothless abroad. Sanctions favoring Ukraine are enriching Russia, while driving Germany especially into a stronger economic union with Russia. It's natural and inevitable; technology plus limitless resources and labor. Pax Americana depends upon brainwashed masses at home. About half are gullible if not stupidly compliant. However, millions of voters have quietly switched to Republican, as if that's a solution. Unless the 2020 election is openly declared fraudulent and the register and counting apparatus is secured and kept honest, the future ones will be irrelevant. This is not in "Their" interest. FBI may have just committed accidental suicide. Home schooling is on the rise and some people are waking up. Many are reordering their economic practices to preserve their own. There's a glimmer of hope. Second Amendment is irrelevant to a spiritual and intellectual revolt. Things fall apart. Let's go, Brandon!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rights don’t come from the Constitution. Rights are natural. The right doesn’t cease to exist if government refuses to recognize it.

Following law doesn’t make you moral or ethical. All things legal aren’t ethical, nor things against the law unethical.

Be prepared to recognize that our government is not our friend and you may have to operate outside the law at some point. At some point, we may be forced to have a revolution. It is your duty as an American citizen to overthrow the government when it becomes tyrannical.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by drop_point
Rights don’t come from the Constitution. Rights are natural. The right doesn’t cease to exist if government refuses to recognize it.

Following law doesn’t make you moral or ethical. All things legal aren’t ethical, nor things against the law unethical.

Be prepared to recognize that our government is not our friend and you may have to operate outside the law at some point. At some point, we may be forced to have a revolution. It is your duty as an American citizen to overthrow the government when it becomes tyrannical.
40% of Americans think that a civil war in the US is more likely than not within the next 10 years. Over half of Republicans feel that way.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The armed forces all vowed to uphold the constitution.Shooting at or disarming the citizenry isn't going to fly with them.

How many in congress and the POTUS took the same vow and look at how they follow it.

When the SHF happens, The armed forces will follow the POTUS, Commander in Chief, because they will be of the same ilk.Look at the murder of the Jan 6 participant by the capital police. The FBI will follow the same.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well said Sir!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlesore

How many in congress and the POTUS took the same vow and look at how they follow it.

When the SHF happens, The armed forces will follow the POTUS, Commander in Chief, because they will be of the same ilk.Look at the murder of the Jan 6 participant by the capital police. The FBI will follow the same.
Most of them in congress are there for monetary gain. Somehow congressmen and senators get very rich on their salaries. Those in the military certainly are NOT there to get rich. It's a completely different attitude.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Certainly true and good point about why the left holds that view!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
So, is it your contention that the "Bill of Rights" is immune somehow from being amended?

Care to expound on the legal theory behind that?

Because actually, even the content of Article 1 has been amended.
Just where was the 1st Amendment amended?

I was not asked, but I will reply, the Bill of rights is help out f the hands of government, they are in fact sacrosanct. The only way the government can overtake them is for the general public to be lazy and sit on their hands instead of changing the government as is their Right to do.

The Federal government is enjoined from denying you your Right to keep and bear arms. since 2015 the States have been enjoined from that as well, we are all just pussies and allow an overarching group of self absorbed rulers to hold sway over all of us instead of running their rear ends out of town.

I am ashamed that we are even discussing removing the 2nd, for any who would be amenable to that, GFY.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Article 1 and the First Amendment are two different things. Article 1 is about the powers of Congress, and is not in the Bill of Rights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

My sig line for ages.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Ah, good. Somebody gets it. With no shutdown, every city in the nation would have looked like New York.

And in that kind of crisis, nobody would have been poking their head out of doors anyway.

It is a world wide pandemic. Without mediation efforts, it would have been equivalent to 1918-1919. The economy was going in the toilet regardless of what action we took. Shutdowns at least mediated the initial spread of the virus, and gave us some control over that slide into the toilet.

We have a damned long way to go before we are out of this quagmire. Viable treatment protocols will take much of the pain out of the situation.
LMAO

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Wonder how many members here have a copy of the US Constitution and the Federal Papers and have read both?

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Wonder how many members here have a copy of the US Constitution and the Federal Papers and have read both?
I have, and the Anti-federalist papers too. I also have read all three iterations of the TN Constitution, and no one pays any attention to it either.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

My sig line for ages.

Good to see I'm not the only one with a recurring earworm from the thread title.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

Didn't seem to bother MacArthur, Patton and Eisenhower when Hoover sent them against the bonus army WW1 vets.

Last edited by mart; 08/31/22.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

40% of Americans think that a civil war in the US is more likely than not within the next 10 years. Over half of Republicans feel that way.

Unfortunately, a Civil War implies something altogether different than a Revolution. I just wonder, what the sides will be and who will prove victorious.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,780 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,347
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.