24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,533
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,533
Had to do a few Psych tests working in a nuke plant, the first one was really weird, kinda felt like I needed a shower after it was done.

I figured they were gonna send me on my way but never even heard anything from it.

BP-B2

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 65,313
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 65,313
the power is in the hands of the folks that get to define the terms.


Sam......

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,798
B
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,798
Probably more suited for politics.

Bb

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 37,679
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 37,679
Just another way to dox the police.


Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,026
F
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,026
Keep in mind fellas that Deputy Devin Williams is of African descent, a group I am told, that has poor impulse control. Just reporting the facts.


Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC-A B3

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 27,403
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 27,403
What? These guys believe in the Constitution?

I didn't read the story.


"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,690
J
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 4,690
Are those officers going to be medically retired due to ptsd?

Here's a fact, most cops that have been actually working the street (not staff positions or hiding in specialties) would probably fail psychological evaluation because they have post traumatic stress. Their sleep sucks, they develop chemical dependency (alcohol related), etc, etc.

Why? Because unlike the military they aren't deployed for 6 or 8 months, they are deployed 40-60hrs a week 49 weeks a year, every year for 15-20yrs. Between the car chases, foot pursuits, dead bodies, murders, car crashes, etc that stuff adds up. But nobody is willing to acknowledge the effect the job has on people, because that would cost money.

How many dead bodies do you have to see melted into the carpet to phugg you up mentally? Or people hanging from a rope? Or kids ejected from a car and smushed by said car?

Nobody knows and nobody cares. All azzholes want to do is call them cowards when the reality is they don't have the stones to see that schiet

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 09/28/22.
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 12,451
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 12,451
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Are those officers going to be medically retired due to ptsd?

Here's a fact, most cops that have been actually working the street (not staff positions or hiding in specialties) would probably fail psychological evaluation because they have post traumatic stress. Their sleep sucks, they develop chemical dependency (alcohol related), etc, etc.

Why? Because unlike the military they aren't deployed for 6 or 8 months, they are deployed 40-60hrs a week 49 weeks a year, every year for 15-20yrs. Between the car chases, foot pursuits, dead bodies, murders, car crashes, etc that stuff adds up. But nobody is willing to acknowledge the effect the job has on people, because that would cost money.

How many dead bodies do you have to see melted into the carpet to phugg you up mentally? Or people hanging from a rope? Or kids ejected from a car and smushed by said car?

Nobody knows and nobody cares. All azzholes want to do is call them cowards when the reality is they don't have the stones to see that schiet
No one makes you be a Cop.I had 4 Uncles on The MPF .They all advised me to be a Cop.Otherwise I would have to get a real job.Their rules:A beat cop is never cold,hungry,broke or tired.


Its all right to be white!!
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a Subject to a Citizen." (Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC)
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 2,776
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 2,776
Same thing happened here. Then we realized there was a coincidence….if you were a veteran, you got a substandard rating. Hired a different psych doc, all was well again.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,398
G
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,398
While making $40k/yr, $75k-100 if a northern Statie.


We treat Officers, Teachers, and those that give even more up defending our way of life as worth less than your average Admin Asst. Then wonder why things are so broken. Measure what you want and get the results you want.

Sadly, no one here wants to pay $2k/mos for taxes to truly compensate because all the skimming/corruption involved should go away to pay those salaries out of current taxes.


Like hitting that same pole with a bigger bat thinking you’ll get a better outcome.


Across industries/walks of life I’m privileged to see there’s a common thread sadly.

IC-B B4

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,398
G
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,398
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Are those officers going to be medically retired due to ptsd?

Here's a fact, most cops that have been actually working the street (not staff positions or hiding in specialties) would probably fail psychological evaluation because they have post traumatic stress. Their sleep sucks, they develop chemical dependency (alcohol related), etc, etc.

Why? Because unlike the military they aren't deployed for 6 or 8 months, they are deployed 40-60hrs a week 49 weeks a year, every year for 15-20yrs. Between the car chases, foot pursuits, dead bodies, murders, car crashes, etc that stuff adds up. But nobody is willing to acknowledge the effect the job has on people, because that would cost money.

How many dead bodies do you have to see melted into the carpet to phugg you up mentally? Or people hanging from a rope? Or kids ejected from a car and smushed by said car?

Nobody knows and nobody cares. All azzholes want to do is call them cowards when the reality is they don't have the stones to see that schiet
No one makes you be a Cop.I had 4 Uncles on The MPF .They all advised me to be a Cop.Otherwise I would have to get a real job.Their rules:A beat cop is never cold,hungry,broke or tired.


Yep, many relatives told me being the king of heap at place like Johns/Manville was life’s answer too. Sure, if your a lifer. Changed paradigms and amazing how many of their elite count me as a success story.

I don’t recall any encouraging me to leave. In fact, all told me how hard reality was outside their big brown Kraft paper walls.

Regret it 0 and the old timers treat my life like a fairytale. The one who got out and challenged it all.

Honestly, probably die on Slummies trailer deck trying to get by but nothing easy about the hard road. I refer to my last statement. We ascribe value to all the wrong things.

Last edited by gremcat; 09/28/22.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 34,313
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 34,313
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Same thing happened here. Then we realized there was a coincidence….if you were a veteran, you got a substandard rating. Hired a different psych doc, all was well again.
The Woke mind set is well represented among "shrinks". There are some genuine, good ones; ya just gotta find'em.

Not too unlike pediatricians, some known to ask if there are any "guns in the home". When presented with that question, doctor shop until you find one who doesn't ask stupid, woke questions.

Pediatrics may be one of the most woke, liberal specialties in medicine. Not all, just a bunch. Find the good ones, don't use those woke leaning ones. Let'em practice their stuff on others.

DF

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 5,582
O
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 5,582
Psychology is not a science.

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 5,582
O
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 5,582
Why 10% all at once. I doubt 10% suddenly "went crazy".

Last edited by OldHat; 10/06/22.
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 504
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 504
Having been a combat Vietnam veteran AND a Federal/state agent, I have noticed some peculiar changes.

First, LawEnf administrators hire psychs to be "yes men" like themselves.
IOW: Those who can , do. Those who can't -Teach. Those that can do neither: administrate poorly.

Trust no one and keep your vest on.
Only NY has forgotten that allowing recidivists out
on the streets results in dead citizens. Stop and frisk enforcement works: repeat offenders stop offending when shot.

Capital punishment works: On a case-by-case basis. Death or life w/o parole solves the recidivism problem. Especially for the woke mope arrested and convicted.

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 41,353
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 41,353
I wonder what tests they are using, MMPI, CPI? We are required to give our officers that test, but if they fail, its a judgment call (on me) to retain or not. Like McKay says, purely arbitrary and FAR from an exact science.


A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 34,313
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 34,313
Originally Posted by OldHat
Psychology is not a science.
Those guys would take issue with that.

But, a lot of it is subjective, even though they've gone to great lengths to make testing and diagnostic criteria more objective, it's still has a lot to do with interpretation.

The DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual) tries hard to set objective criteria for a diagnosis.

But, your point well taken, it's not Physics.

DF

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 971
B
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 971
They will have a 100% pass rate on the retest. Guaranteed.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 34,313
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 34,313
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I wonder what tests they are using, MMPI, CPI? We are required to give our officers that test, but if they fail, its a judgment call (on me) to retain or not. Like McKay says, purely arbitrary and FAR from an exact science.
MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) is a very old one with years of upgrades. It’s considered one of the best. CIA and others use it. Still needs data interpreted by a shrink.

DF

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 6,754
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 6,754
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by OldHat
Psychology is not a science.
Those guys would take issue with that.

But, a lot of it is subjective, even though they've gone to great lengths to make testing and diagnostic criteria more objective, it's still has a lot to do with interpretation.

The DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual) tries hard to set objective criteria for a diagnosis.

But, your point well taken, it's not Physics.

DF
Lots of open ended questions that are open to interpretation which is probably the point.

My sons mom and I went through a bitter breakup. Allegations went back and fourth, I believe that’s the test that we both took.

I remember one question being something like “you’re waking past a tall building and someone drops a brick that nearly hits you, how would you respond?” No context to how they dropped it. Was it a careless accident, a bizarre accident out of the persons control, or intentional? Just “how would you respond” It was multiple choice only, so without context circling an answer was a pure guess as to how or why it happened and none were how I would have responded in real life.

It was all based on going up and confronting the person that dropped the brick. In the real world I would have looked up and probably said WTF?! The person that dropped it would have had an oh sh1t that was an accident look on their face, said that it was an accident and that would have been it. I’d go about my day to wherever I was walking to. That wasn’t a choice on the test.

I passed with a clean bill of mental health… probably an indictment on the test😂

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
257 members (007FJ, 264magnum, 16penny, 264mag, 1_deuce, 36 invisible), 1,334 guests, and 656 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP


 







Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 15 (0.003s) Memory: 0.9668 MB (Peak: 1.1164 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2022-11-30 06:37:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS