Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What a fugkin' moron.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
The Weber grill is great for brisket- and simple even people like me who hate babysitting charcoal. I have used the Modified Minion method, developed by Jim Minion a serious barbecue circuit competitor.

My cookbook, Tenderize the Wild has a two page, lots of photos spread on how to do it, but simply put, you start by closing all the bottom vents but one, and that one only half open. Then place 5 dozen unlit briquettes on that side of the grill and aluminum roasting pan on the other side with an inch or so of water. Brisket will sit over the pan.
Then start 18 briquettes in a chimney starter, let them go until covered with white ash (about 30 minutes) and scatter across the 5 dozen briquettes you didn't start up.

Put your wood chips on top of that. Put the cooking grate in and cover the grill. Close all but one vent on top, kitty corner from the half open vent on bottom. Leave that top vent half open as well.

From there, you just wait till the smoke rises, and the temperature is a steady 200-250F, adjusting the top and bottom vent to raise or lower the temp. Take your time with this step, you've got hours and hours of heat. (It helps to have a jelly thermometer with a long sensor so you don't have to lift the lid.) Place the brisket over the roasting pan, with the water. After a couple of hours, I wrap the brisket in aluminum foil, with 1 cup of half apple cider and half apple cider vinegar to keep it moist while finishing. FYI I've done this with water buffalo brisket, moose brisket, elk brisket and beef brisket. It always works.
Pages 100 and 102 in Tenderize the Wild, www.riflesandrecipes.com, also includes the pre-smoking brine which is tasty as well. And simple.

On appetites: "If I had to wait until I was hungry to eat, I'd never eat."
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
If you are serious about smoking pick you up a Weber Smokey Mountain, or something built for smoking. Rub Bagby and Pitmasters of his caliber could render a winning packer on a Weber Grill, but that is pushing the envelope for the average weekender.
Look on Heathrilesbbq.com - he had a brisket recipe listed that might work on a grill - he was using a pellet grill. Good Luck

Dave
Life Member NRA
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leenie3freezers
The Weber grill is great for brisket- and simple even people like me who hate babysitting charcoal. I have used the Modified Minion method, developed by Jim Minion a serious barbecue circuit competitor.

My cookbook, Tenderize the Wild has a two page, lots of photos spread on how to do it, but simply put, you start by closing all the bottom vents but one, and that one only half open. Then place 5 dozen unlit briquettes on that side of the grill and aluminum roasting pan on the other side with an inch or so of water. Brisket will sit over the pan.
Then start 18 briquettes in a chimney starter, let them go until covered with white ash (about 30 minutes) and scatter across the 5 dozen briquettes you didn't start up.

Put your wood chips on top of that. Put the cooking grate in and cover the grill. Close all but one vent on top, kitty corner from the half open vent on bottom. Leave that top vent half open as well.

From there, you just wait till the smoke rises, and the temperature is a steady 200-250F, adjusting the top and bottom vent to raise or lower the temp. Take your time with this step, you've got hours and hours of heat. (It helps to have a jelly thermometer with a long sensor so you don't have to lift the lid.) Place the brisket over the roasting pan, with the water. After a couple of hours, I wrap the brisket in aluminum foil, with 1 cup of half apple cider and half apple cider vinegar to keep it moist while finishing. FYI I've done this with water buffalo brisket, moose brisket, elk brisket and beef brisket. It always works.
Pages 100 and 102 in Tenderize the Wild, www.riflesandrecipes.com, also includes the pre-smoking brine which is tasty as well. And simple.

Good stuff, Thanks, John?

Who the heck is leenie3frezers?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Eileen Clarke is John’s wife, detective.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Oh, well then thanks Eileen,

‘’Doh!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'd smoke it in the Weber around 250 until you hit the stall. Approx 160 IT. Then I'd wrap in butcher paper, fat cap down, and place it in a foil pan, then into a 300 degree oven for the finish. Adjust temp as necessary. Probe tender is when it's done. Let it rest until it comes back down to 150-160 IT.

I'm also a fan of injecting briskets. I like Big Poppa Smokers Cattleprod.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Sorry FC67, I should have introduced myself. And there's no need to get an oven involved, unless the ambient air temp isn't cooperating. The Minion method lasts longer than you'll need to get the brisket cooked.
Eileen Clarke--leenie3freezers

On appetites: "If I had to wait until I was hungry to eat, I'd never eat."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Kenneth,

I anxiously await your fugking this up.

LOL

IC B3

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Kenneth,

I anxiously await your fugking this up.

LOL

Ya, me too,

lotta pressure on this one……..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Ya, me too,

lotta pressure on this one……..

Your safety net will be the fact you live in Wisconsin.

Nobody there knows WTF a good brisket tastes like anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have used the Primo XL for maybe 15 years now, fitted with a BBQ Guru temp controller it is just simple. Put em on at 225°, get to the stall at 160°ish, wrap in butcher paper go to 212° let rest (at least an hour in a cooler wrapped in foil and towels, eat. I normally put them on about 9 PM, get to the stall next morning, hit final temp about noon, let rest, ready to eat in the afternoon. Let the meat tell you when it is done.

I do a couple a year for my son who grew up in Ft. Worth and likes good brisket. I prefer Boston butts, which is just so simple in the Primo, or good fat ribs. With the Guru I can keep better temp stability than my electric oven and the heat is outside.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Last weekend I folded under all the pressure being put on me, skipped the brisket and did a chuck roast.

Not worth the time nor effort,

When the hell did a chuck roast hit 8 bucks a lb?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Last weekend I folded under all the pressure being put on me, skipped the brisket and did a chuck roast.

Not worth the time nor effort,

When the hell did a chuck roast hit 8 bucks a lb?

Shocking.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ever do that brisket, Kenneth? I’m gonna try one.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

380 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 10ring1, 38 invisible), 1,755 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,002
Posts18,481,280
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.