Yup...hate it every.fing.day.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Nope.

I retired 5 years ago as a butcher of 40 years.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Did a stint as a wrangler for a few years.
The pay wasnt great, but that was freaking amazing.
Been around horses all my life and it was right in my back yard.

Management at the ranch changed and went back to cutting meat and collecting my retirement. .
I'm so comfortable cutting meat I could do it in my sleep.
The pay ain't bad out here either.

When I retire in a year or two. You sir will have a permanent invitation to moosecamp.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I loved the job and liked almost all of the people I worked with.

We were bought out by a larger company and they tried to suck the life out of us.

Some of us tried to go with a competitor right away but found out no one wanted anything to do with us, afraid of the new owners lawyers.

Ended up staying on after they hired a local guy as manager for our state. He is still a friend today. That guy made it bearable as he kept the corp azzholes in ATL off our backs.

Like Hanco said, I'm retarded now and enjoying it. I feel sorry for my coworkers that are still hanging on, the covid bs has really set them back.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Yes. But I'm close enough to retirement to not give a shart.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I could go full blown mobile and sell my hq for $500k tomorrow and not have to traverse 45 miles 2x a day but what’s the fun in doing that

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I enjoyed the work. When people would leave it took forever to fill the positions. Almost ways doing the work of two people. My boss would come to me on Monday and ask me to do a report to hand it in on Friday. Then on Wednesday he would send an email asking where it was.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am beginning to feel like I've not been able to see how things really are at work the last ten years. I'm glad I thought it was all great, for the most part, all that time but I am seeing things a little differently now. It's a clownfest featuring a lot of childish egos who think they've got me where they want me indefinitely. They're about to learn that it ain't so. I don't HATE it---I've had those jobs where your stomach winds up in a knot the moment you pull into the parking lot in the early sunshine and I've enjoyed much better over the last 17 years but I am ready to hang it up. And all the sorry [bleep] I've been having to share the road with 62 miles per day can go to hell (and that's exactly where they'll be every weekday morning and afternoon).

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yes. I just hate it.

Can't stand the management? grin

You're most likely to hate a "job" when you become the management.

Yep. There are certain jobs that don't require you to be an azzhole, but it helps. Management is one of them.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don’t hate my job but I hate going to work. I like time with my wife (most of the time) and my kids, dog and hobbies. Work is just a means to an ends for me. I get 200 hrs vacation time, decent pay and benefits but it’s far from anything rewarding outside of the paycheck.

In a perfect pie in the sky dream job I’d own a successful gun shop or make a living as a big name smith or be a well to do rancher.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't used to, but I do now. The race that is always a victim, has a sense of entitlement, and is always owed something has made me hate it now. I have 11 months and 16 days till retirement.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nope, I'd find something else to do if I hated it.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
When I worked corrections I actually liked my job. I was a shift supervisor with a good crew. Had the respect of my crew as well as the inmates. Then we got a corrupt, female, micromanaging superintendent. Satan’s sister I’m sure. I tried to stay professional but her demands were beyond unreasonable and she was truly a horrible supervisor and person. I went from liking my job to dreading getting out of bed every day.

My health was degrading rapidly. My doc told me it was all stress and I need to get out of it. So I took early (read much reduced) retirement and took a security job on the slope. I loved it. My health returned almost immediately when I got out of the stress. Worked eight years up there until Covid and low oil prices caused a mass reduction in force. My company had an opening in town as a contract manager so I lateraled into it until Etta’s health required me to be home with her. I would have liked to work another 6-7 years, especially at the wage level I was at.

I don’t regret retiring. My retirement income is not what I had hoped for but we have enough. I’m looking at what I might do as a part time retirement business to augment our income but haven’t committed to anything.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't hate my job. I enjoy what I do. I just hate my management, or lack of management.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
I love work. When I’m not at work I actually enjoy working when off. Worked in hospital 7 years- taught college for 17 years- been at the hospital again about 17 years. I have a few hundred students working around the country, some where I have been their boss for the last almost 17 years. I have always done what ever I could for my staff both at work and for them to take time off. Been available 24/7 365 days a year. Until last Thanksgiving, I was at hospital every holiday in last years. Last Friday, 1145am, I was given the option to be terminated or resign immediately. I am angry, lost, and feel absolutely worthless right now. I have always tried to help people whether at school, work, in my town where I have been Mayor for over 20 years, county boards… My job was very demanding, for over 35 years I have always drove at least 150 miles a day commute- never missed due to weather. 56 and lost my job just like that. I love working. Sorry for ranting; not been a good last few days estimating my value.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes I do

Work directly under a polital appointee that is f'ing clueless.

Upside is the leave and general flexibility I have and I have a good staff.

As a whole I work with a lot of good people, but completely burnt out with people who don't give a chit and never face any consequences because its damn near impossible to replace anyone these days.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Like my job a lot.

Usually 100-120 days a year in the woods. Have flown into work sites in fixed wing and helicopters, horse pack a couple weeks a year, ride dirt bikes, ATVs a fair bit.

Like the people I work with.

Retirement is awesome, insurance is very good and keep it in retirement paying the same as I do now, will allow me to retire young...if I choose.

Lots of vacation/comp time allows me to take off big blocks of time to hunt. All federal holidays off too.

Almost a shame that retirement is getting close.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Started out idealistic wanting to help people and keep evil in check. Finally figured out after 30 years the system is corrupt and that most peoples problems are due to stupidity of their own doing.

Pulling the pin this summer.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
People quit bad bosses more often than bad jobs.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dess
People quit bad bosses more often than bad jobs.

Or I can get a straight job
I done it before
Never minded working hard
It's who I'm working for

"Everything Is Free"
Song by Gillian Welch 2001

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a GC I hate when I hire new guys, and they say they know what they are doing in specific trades. And they don’t, More like a bad handy man.
It fuc..ing kills me the fact guys that might have years on me and I can run circles around them or they still F up the small stuff.
I have to treat grown men like kids.
Why they are 40 or Older and making 20-25 an hour. Chumps

Last edited by Dre; 03/14/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,748
Posts18,476,161
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.