Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Mac84
I’m may get roasted over this but the parents are complete scumbags in this and absolutely [bleep] the bed. The school resource officer and staff were incompetent as well.
Yup, they're a dumpster fire +P. Now if only they'd go after the parents of negros who bring weapons to school.
Touché

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by Mac84
I’m may get roasted over this but the parents are complete scumbags in this and absolutely [bleep] the bed. The school resource officer and staff were incompetent as well.
Yup, they're a dumpster fire +P. Now if only they'd go after the parents of negros who bring weapons to school.
Touché

A major component of parental responsibility is having responsible parents. Baby Daddy doesn't apply.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Rights come with responsibilities.

Would you fire a gun in the air haphazardly and when the cops show up because you killed a kid 5 blocks over just plead "Muh 2nd!!!"?

You've been conditioned to think of stupid schit like the above.

Firing a bullet into the air makes you not in control of the projectile, therefore negligence comes into play.

Giving a mentally-ill 15 year old free access to a gun makes you not in control of the gun, therefore negligence comes into play.

If I buy my 16 year old a vehicle and he drives it through a playground I'm not in control of the vehicle - does negligence come into play? Am I criminally liable?

If they want to drag the parents through Civil courts and take their last Pall Mall have at it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Would you fire a gun in the air haphazardly and when the cops show up because you killed a kid 5 blocks over just plead "Muh 2nd!!!"?

Canada weighs into the conversation lol

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Did they just pass a law that the state pays for trans surgery but makes it against the law to reverse back to biological sex.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you guys serious?

Parents buy their already troubled 15 year old a handgun and give it to him to keep and store with no restrictions on it?

I gave my kid a gun pellet gun when he was 8. Yes, it was "his" but it was fugging well locked up where he couldn't get it when he wasn't using it under my supervision.

Give your fugging heads a shake.

You just have missed where we said the parents are shiite.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now back to the subject at hand.

Were there signs of mental instability before the drawings of the day of the shooting?

Is the parents liable for the handgun? I say yes they are. It is the parents responsibility to coach our individual kids on proper gun use and gun safety. It is our responsibility to insure (in this day and age of lawyers) that the guns in our homes are safely stored!

If this kid exhibited signs of mental instability and the parents ignored it, HELL YES THEY SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE)

This kid KILLED 4 and INJURED 7. That's not a matter to be taken lightly.

I guarantee that 99% of the Campfire would demand blood if one of those kids were theirs or their grandchild! By God I would and I am a staunch 2A supporter BUT I also preach RESPONSIBLE gun ownership!

The more we hold people responsible (groids included) the more the issue of banning or guns will lessen (I truly hope so anyway).

A responsible gun owner should never be persecuted and accidents do happen and we all make bad decisions..... But giving a mentally ill person a gun is not just a "bad decision"! It's criminal!

Ok I yield the floor, let's have it!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

Oh, fuq off. Common sense doesn’t have [bleep] borders. Idiot.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
In the case of Bobby Moore locally, who killed a Cop at age 14. It happened in the parking lot of our High School, when my kids were in Middle School.

His Mom was convicted of supplying the gun. Straw purchase conviction. She took the kid to a pawn shop. He sold his stereo. She used said $ to purchase 25 acp which he killed Cop with.

What jumps out at me in the OP is the State wants to prosecute parents for not removing child from school. When state agents neglected to have child removed from school.

Prosecute the parents for that action????? But fail to prosecute teacher, principal, resource officer?????????

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You should change your name to wannabeamerican. Few things are as ridiculous as foreigners opining on American domestic policy.

Literally, unless you are a U.S. citizen you have no voice in this conversation

MAGA
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
In the case of Bobby Moore locally, who killed a Cop at age 14. It happened in the parking lot of our High School, when my kids were in Middle School.

His Mom was convicted of supplying the gun. Straw purchase conviction. She took the kid to a pawn shop. He sold his stereo. She used said $ to purchase 25 acp which he killed Cop with.

What jumps out at me in the OP is the State wants to prosecute parents for not removing child from school. When state agents neglected to have child removed from school.

Prosecute the parents for that action????? But fail to prosecute teacher, principal, resource officer?????????
Yup...
And there were kids that knew what he was planning to do that day.
The school administration had reviewed a manual that is put out by the fbofi on school shootings, they completed paperwork showing that they had complied with the steps required by the manual but they weren't actually instituted.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The parents screwed up by not taking safety in to account.

Most kids with out any mental problems do not have pistols in their care ,in their room.

Should not be manslaughter but they should be charged with stupid with intent to be dumber.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The parents screwed up by not taking safety in to account.

Most kids with out any mental problems do not have pistols in their care ,in their room.

Should not be manslaughter but they should be charged with stupid with intent to be dumber.
There are discrepancies out there about how the gun was stored. The prosecutor who was once a judge is trying to make a name for herself, most likely has aspersions of seeking a higher office in a few years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by bruinruin
But if he wants his nuts cut off, his parents probably have no say in the matter.

No joke. WTF is wrong with this place?

I'm sure you must know by now.

It's widow licking season.

Winter has been too long.

Texas
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you give your kid or minor teenager a firearm and they subsequently commit murder with it then yep, as a parent IMHO you are criminally liable.

If you give your kid a handgun at age twelve or whatever and he never shoots himself or anyone then you ain’t. Giving the kid a gun was a decision you made and you are responsible for the outcome of that decision.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

You should change your name to wannabeamerican. Few things are as ridiculous as foreigners opining on American domestic policy.

Literally, unless you are a U.S. citizen you have no voice in this conversation

Has nothing to do with American domestic policy. Has to do with English common law, which is the basis of both our countries legal systems.

As a cop, you should have a basic understanding of that.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
If you give your kid or minor teenager a firearm and they subsequently commit murder with it then yep, as a parent IMHO you are criminally liable.

If you give your kid a handgun at age twelve or whatever and he never shoots himself or anyone then you ain’t. Giving the kid a gun was a decision you made and you are responsible for the outcome of that decision.

Sets precedence for a lot of "parents" of inner city kids, evreytime one is arrested with a gun, charge the parent....

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hancock27
Sets precedence for a lot of "parents" of inner city kids, evreytime one is arrested with a gun, charge the parent....

That would depend upon the degree to which the parent was complicit in allowing the kid access to said weapon.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
In my little mind, it boils down more to how the kid was raised in general - than his access to a gun.

These school shootings are a relatively recent "thing" - kids used to be raised by parents who cared, and led the kids down the right path.
Seems parents who care, and are capable, are in the minority anymore, and we're working on multiple generations of folks who let the school system babysit their children. Accountability be damned!
Just a lot of finger-pointing going on.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no end to the tsunami of surrounding individuals blame could be cast at in these cases.

Pretty narrow focus to just consider how and where a gun may have entered the picture.

We could burden the courts forever more with the potentially associated guilty and what if's.

It's not gonna change history or the future, innocent people are dead and many could have done things to prevent it.

Put the shooters on trial as adults, incarcerate them forever, burn them on a cross, do whatever makes you feel the best.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 77 invisible), 2,680 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,628
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.