Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Hydrophilic Fumed Silica... basically "fiberglass snowflakes".

Usually mixed with epoxy or polyester resin to make structural joints/fillets.

Normal "Bondo" is not structural (basically resin and baby powder to thicken).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Does it self level or do you need to sand it flat - assuming what I'm reading is what I think it is - filler for the pits but as you said, structural. We've got an old Ford 2000 for brush hogging and plot work at camp. Not pitted bad but we were thinking of a re-spray. If this is something fairly easy to do and nicer looking - why not?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Post pics... start a thread? Fugg no... who cares...
I've never heard of it either, & I've done some resto work.
If you don't start a thread, PM me some pics, info.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Teal

Does it self level or do you need to sand it flat - assuming what I'm reading is what I think it is - filler for the pits but as you said, structural. We've got an old Ford 2000 for brush hogging and plot work at camp. Not pitted bad but we were thinking of a re-spray. If this is something fairly easy to do and nicer looking - why not?

It is powder. A huge bag (like a 50 pound bag of grass seed) ONLY weighs 2-3 pounds.

If you are not heavily pitted... stick with enamel and a touch of Majic Catalyst Hardener. Couple of coats will buy you 10 years.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

It is powder. A huge bag (like a 50 pound bag of grass seed) ONLY weighs 2-3 pounds.

If you are not heavily pitted... stick with enamel and a touch of Majic Catalyst Hardener. Couple of coats will buy you 10 years.

10-4 thanks.

Me

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Post pics... start a thread? Fugg no... who cares...
I've never heard of it either, & I've done some resto work.
If you don't start a thread, PM me some pics, info.

Sanding sealer thinned with Floetrol as base coats (get in all the nooks and crannies).

Sanded Grout (flooring tile kinda thing) and latex paint (yes latex)... roller applied (brush in joints)...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pot life is 15 minutes MAX... This pot is GONE!!!

Top coats get Cab-O-Sil and paint (thickness of maple syrup).

FYI... the pitting was so severe any mechanical prep would have probably left holes.

2 coats a day for 5 days... and I should be G2G for 15 years???

EDIT: This is an experiment on a brokedick bushhog... It may fugg up badly... SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION IF YOU TRY.

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/27/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
It's become a bashfest on redundant subjects, instead of a civil group of men having a discussion on any subject of the day. Those with expertise offer it, those needing more info ask for it....and are answered accordingly.

Now 10 guys jump your azz for disagreeing with them (fugg the thought of freedom I guess), spend their time attacking you and calling you names (instead of even knowing your true feelings or beliefs), and form small childish groups that mob individuals that happen to disagree with their EXACT agenda.

This is how the gun and hunting is stripped from us, slowly inch by inch....whether we totally agree or not, we stick together as a group, don't eat our own, strength in numbers, remember we're on the same team.

So yes, many of the greats are gone from this site...they got fed up with the childish antics of bored men behind a keyboard. Just go to the 1st page and work through the pages, and start looking at the all the posters that aren't here.

Soon the entire board will rest at the top of the page....in the "RIP" section

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
It's become a bashfest on redundant subjects, instead of a civil group of men having a discussion on any subject of the day. Those with expertise offer it, those needing more info ask for it....and are answered accordingly.

Now 10 guys jump your azz for disagreeing with them (fugg the thought of freedom I guess), spend their time attacking you and calling you names (instead of even knowing your true feelings or beliefs), and form small childish groups that mob individuals that happen to disagree with their EXACT agenda.

This is how the gun and hunting is stripped from us, slowly inch by inch....whether we totally agree or not, we stick together as a group, don't eat our own, strength in numbers, remember we're on the same team.

So yes, many of the greats are gone from this site...they got fed up with the childish antics of bored men behind a keyboard. Just go to the 1st page and work through the pages, and start looking at the all the posters that aren't here.

Soon the entire board will rest at the top of the page....in the "RIP" section
Will you GFY then repost?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Without self policing this place would be as bad as cûnttalk, full of JeffO and Buzz clones.

There is a whole line of subfora below the freak show where dialog is usually very polite and informative. Instead of utilizing them, lazy fûcking twats use the freak show as if it's the only forum here and get but hurt when the conversation turns a little rough.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Without self policing this place would be as bad as cûnttalk, full of JeffO and Buzz clones.

There is a whole line of subfora below the freak show where dialog is usually very polite and informative. Instead of utilizing them, lazy fûcking twats use the freak show as if it's the only forum here and get but hurt when the conversation turns a little rough.

And that is true, lot's of good guys here. A ton of knowledge and experience in just about every field there is, but civil conversation turns into Chiit throwing in short order for no reason (as seen above ^^^ ).

I'm not thin skinned, don't really give a fugg to tell you the truth. But to watch a great site be controlled by the loudmouth hierarchy is comical at best, some of us have real lives with real problems to deal with everyday....this used to be the place to come and forget about it for a while.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
When was that?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

And that is true, lot's of good guys here. A ton of knowledge and experience in just about every field there is, but civil conversation turns into Chiit throwing in short order for no reason (as seen above ^^^ ).

I'm not thin skinned, don't really give a fugg to tell you the truth. But to watch a great site be controlled by the loudmouth hierarchy is comical at best, some of us have real lives with real problems to deal with everyday....this used to be the place to come and forget about it for a while.

TRUTH

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

Wtf?

I'm out.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This threads so old RH Clark was still fat when he posted on page 1.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

Damn, Ballz.

Your own wife called you a lazy piece of schit.

"self employed."

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
This threads so old RH Clark was still fat when he posted on page 1.

Damn lol.

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Salmonella probably was too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Example...

I am doing a paint job on a HEAVILY PITTED bushhog right now.

Using Cab-O-Sil, sanded grout and latex paint.

It is NOT a big deal... NOR very interesting....

Are you kidding? That's the most exciting thing that's happened here in weeks.

Especially watching it dry.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Salmonella probably was too.

No, this was way back when he weighed 110 and was benching 800.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,267
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.