Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by cisco1
Hawkeye,

Don't get into stocks ....you do not have the mental acuity.
I’ll turn in my Series 70 immediately.

What is a Series 70?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbob
Hawkeye,

What is a Series 70?

It's 10 times better than a Series 7 of course.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My 1911.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Typing while driving. LOL

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Typing while driving. LOL

Understandable, but no need to turn in your Series 7. It expired 2 years after your U5 was filed.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Use Voice-to-Text feature

shît son, everbody know dat

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The gold and silver I buy is a hobby. I buy Old Double Eagles and Morgan Silver Dollars, with dates in the 1800's. I just love the history with these coins. Who owned them, were they ever taken in a robbery, used in an old west poker game by Doc. Holliday. They go well with the old Colt SAA revolvers I have and cheaper than the new Gold Eagles made today.
The large gold coins are the $20 Double Eagles, mid size are $10 coins and the small are $5.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jbmi
The gold and silver I buy is a hobby. I buy Old Double Eagles and Morgan Silver Dollars, with dates in the 1800's. I just love the history with these coins. Who owned them, were they ever taken in a robbery, used in an old west poker game by Doc. Holliday. They go well with the old Colt SAA revolvers I have and cheaper than the new Gold Eagles made today.
The large gold coins are the $20 Double Eagles, mid size are $10 coins and the small are $5.

This is the best gold post ever made, pure LARP.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Very cool picture.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by Longbob
Hawkeye,

What is a Series 70?
It's 10 times better than a Series 7 of course.
grin Indeed!

Or it's how an old 1911 guy types Series 7 when he's trying to post before the light turns green. laugh

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those seriously thinking of buying precious metals, this web site is useful. This link is for junk (pre-64 non-numismatic coins) silver. There are categories other metals and types.

https://findbullionprices.com/p/90-junk-silver-coins-100-face-value-bag/

Last edited by Steve; 10/19/23.

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Love those grips.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve
For those seriously thinking of buying precious metals, this web site is useful. This link is for junk (pre-64 non-numismatic coins) silver. There are categories other metals and types.

You mean pre-65, of course. Pre-64 is for Winchester rifles.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

You mean pre-65, of course. Pre-64 is for Winchester rifles.

Yes. Sorry. wink

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Wife and I have been talking about this exact thing. She made some good points about buying gold and silver. What happens when the [bleep] hits the fan? People will want food, water, guns, ammo, ALCOHOL, medical supplies, propane, batteries etc etc. As an example in the Book of ELI with Denzel Washington he needed a charge for his battery.

I understand this is EXTREME but in a TRUE SHTF situation.Gold and silver will get you something but who knows what?
I believe it was Joseph in the Old Testament of the Bible when the famine started he took all the peoples money for food, then when the money was gone he took their animals when that was all taken it was their land. Anything to keep themselves ALIVE. I don't believe GOLD and precious metals will be all that important in an TEOTWAWKI situation.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
My Wife and I have been talking about this exact thing. She made some good points about buying gold and silver. What happens when the [bleep] hits the fan? People will want food, water, guns, ammo, ALCOHOL, medical supplies, propane, batteries etc etc. As an example in the Book of ELI with Denzel Washington he needed a charge for his battery.

I understand this is EXTREME but in a TRUE SHTF situation.Gold and silver will get you something but who knows what?
I believe it was Joseph in the Old Testament of the Bible when the famine started he took all the peoples money for food, then when the money was gone he took their animals when that was all taken it was their land. Anything to keep themselves ALIVE. I don't believe GOLD and precious metals will be all that important in an TEOTWAWKI situation.
Even during the darkest periods of the Dark Ages, gold and silver was money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Might be in a hyper-inflationary period. Not sure we'll get there here in the US in my lifetime. Maybe...

That said I was in Zim twice during their hyperinflation. US Dollars and Rand were the preferred trading medium. Never had anyone mention gold/silver. Swiss Francs?

Bribing border guards might be it's best use.

Carpe' Scrotum
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I don't own the metals for an investment. I own them as a means of exchange if and when the SHTF.
I think it's prudent to have something that has historically carried value if "normal society" breaks down.
If it never does, what am I out? What I have bought in the past is worth a hell of a lot more than I paid for it.
That doesn't mean that that I ignore the other important things like food, water, guns, ammo etc....
They are not mutually exclusive.

BTW, if the SHTF and you come to my place and want to buy some of my beans and flour what are you going to use to pay for it? I already have a shovel...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why are these arguments and all or nothing equation ?
The owning gold & silvers purpose in a survival shtf situation is to preserve wealth.
You better have your beans, rice and ammo before thinking about buying gold & silver.
The goal is to survive and come out the other side in a strong financial position.
So the argument you can't eat gold is flat stupid.... and there is a very good chance silver will buy you necessities in a shtf situation

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 3,216 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,747
Posts18,476,143
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.