Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
I have watched a bunch of YouTube videos and read a bunch on this issue. From what I have seen it is pretty common. I thought that the new recoil Spring and mag springs might cure it and it did as far as the 180 target rounds, which I am sure are loaded on the light side, at least with 50 rounds which is a vast improvement over what it was doing with the factory springs. By seeing the improvement with these I wonder if a stiffer recoil spring might cure it? I have not seen one higher than 24lb, which is what I bought, but I bet a 26 or 28lb might improve the feeding?

HeavyBarrel

I run a Wollf Gun Spring's 28# recoil spring in my 45 Super. It is for a 10mm.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Sorry guys I traded it off. Was not going to spend the xtra dollars on ammo to get to where I could trust gun with my life. Traded it to local gun store with full disclosure. I am sure with their buying power that if there is an issue they can get it resolved.

HeavyBarrel

I had to do the exact same as you earlier this year. That M&P 2.0 10mm 4.6 looked great laying in its gun case, but wasn't worth it on the range. I had magazines fall out from the bullets pushing the exposed mag release spring aside while cartridges were being fed through. Thumb wasn't even close to the release button. Failure to feed correctly, aplenty. Trip back to S&W, they sent it back and I honestly thought they fixed it, because it was shooting great! But in no time, it went right back to it old shenanigans.

I traded it in locally for a Glock 20sf and have had zero problems

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe I'm just lucky but my PC M&P 2.0 5.6 continues to perform flawlessly. I'm north of 600 rounds without a single issue. Been running Underwood 200gr hard cast so I would believe IF I was going to have an issue, it would be by now.

Will report if my luck changes.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Maybe I'm just lucky but my PC M&P 2.0 5.6 continues to perform flawlessly. I'm north of 600 rounds without a single issue. Been running Underwood 200gr hard cast so I would believe IF I was going to have an issue, it would be by now.

Will report if my luck changes.

Mine has also been flawless. I wish someone could identify the issues between flawed and flawless guns.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Maybe quality control? OTOH you have to wonder because you would think the tolerance and specifications on all the assembled parts would be the same. The price and package of the 4 inch gun make it something of merit, but hit or miss performance is likely to sink its sales. Could it be their move and associated issues setting up a new line is impacting their quality again how it does so is hard to understand. Then it’s a head scratcher to think that smith and Wesson cannot duplicate G29 performance. All I have to go on is a sample of two G20’s I own and have owned digest my hand loads with maximum charges of accurate #9 and 200 grain bullets without flaw and anything else I put into the magazine.

IC B2

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 56 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,534
Posts18,472,748
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.