-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was a time after college where the vast majority of my close friends were liberal. That all started to change after I started meeting more conservative folks. About that same time, I was starting to do well in business. There I was with a 401K and my old friends were still spouting "property is theft!"

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I can't remember where I read it but nobody ever asked a soldier in the heat of battle or a firefighter or cop dragging your limp, wounded body to safety if they were a liberal or a conservative.

That’s a good point Sal, which isn’t unusual for you even though you’re from California (I had to take a cheap shot but I’m from Washington so it loses its sting). When I was a firefighter/EMT I NEVER allowed politics, socio-economic differences, color, religion or anything else impact the level of care I gave. In the police department we didn’t issue a ticket based on any of those characteristics either, our decision to ticket or not was determined before we made contact (99.9% of the time).

I’ll be discerning with the quality of individual that I allow into my life and call a friend but I will NEVER allow that to impact my professional conduct or the quality of care I gave. It wouldn’t matter if it was Elon Musk or a homeless drunk they all received the same care….to do otherwise would be unthinkable.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have a number of liberal associates. I have no liberal friends.

There is no such thing as liberal friends.

agree 100%...why associate with the enemy ....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
To me: "You are an idiotic gun nut."

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Other that Toby, no !!!

😇😇😇😇😇

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
a couple times a year we have a fly in that I attend, the usual show up every year. about half are liberal and I know it, we use to all get along real good and didn't converse in politics (although I don't hide my views as I literally wear them on my sleeve and I'm alway carrying. summertime so usually not concealed or I print through a tee shirt) I did notice since Biden has been in office that they tend to egg on arguments around politics in a very nasty way so now our group has become two, them and us.
I'm fine with it. but barely consider them acquaintances any longer. it is a shame that we can't just talk about our passion without mixing politics and getting pissed.
as someone quoted a few posts back I believe.... "Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." Mark Twain
So needless to say I don't have conversation with the libs that show up to the fly ins.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If we define "friend" correctly................. NO!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many many liberal friends.

The know where I stand, and typically will not engage.
I also have idiot conservative friends.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Many many liberal friends.

The know where I stand, and typically will not engage.

I also have idiot conservative friends.

The main reason for any government at all is solving problems. The midpoint works to solve problems. Buying into another civil war won't end well. My friends split both directions.

Last edited by Wrapids; 01/10/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have a number of liberal associates. I have no liberal friends.

There is no such thing as liberal friends.

agree 100%...why associate with the enemy ....bob

They are THE ENEMY destroying my country from within. I've got absolutely nothing for them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I have just a few friends. All are conservative. I have a few relatives . My Mother in Law and step dad are old democrats that just can't bring themselves to vote republican no matter how liberal the democrat is.. I see them just a few times a year. I am polite , but have no interest in them.. They just sit there and get drunk every single day and watch CNN. Sometimes I loo at them like the enemy and they kind of are . I have to be polite. It is not for me to judge that that they are so brainwashed that they vote against my country..

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ones that I had are now all former friends.

Just cannot tolerate it anymore.

MM

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
None that I would call as close friends. The liberals of today aren't the same as they used to be.

Last edited by tdbob; 01/12/24.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
COVID did me the greatest favor and they friends/relatives/acquaintances ghosted me….
Now they can’t face me knowing they were wrong.
Thanks COVID

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,936
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.