GB1

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cakawate mallo...................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Patrick, you're 100% correct.

That's why I stopped posting here several years ago.

This used to be a very pleasent place to visit, which many of us enjoyed. That changed several years ago. Rudeness spread like a fanned wildfire. Many of the more knowledgeable and experienced people just kind of faded away. A few still linger on... But politness? Respect for another's opinion? No more here. It has nothing to do with thin skin and everything to do with manners.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There are few threads that don't develope into rage fests here anymore. Interesting that a few, so decorated, get a pass for rudeness, while others are jumped on for even the hint of a slight, or differing opinion. Then others seem to recognize that they're the "whipping boys", and jump in as well. I've backed off considerably from posting here, as I found I was beginning to also lose my sense of propriety, from the environment. Sometimes I'd try to divert the arguments with nonsense or unrelated comments. But I realize now that I was wrong to try.

Last edited by bearmgc; 10/26/09.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bearmgc
There are few threads that don't develope into rage fests here anymore. Interesting that a few, so decorated, get a pass for rudeness, while others are jumped on for even the hint of a slight, or differing opinion. Then others seem to recognize that they're the "whipping boys", and jump in as well. I've backed off considerably from posting here, as I found I was beginning to also lose my sense of propriety, from the environment. Sometimes I'd try to divert the arguments with nonsense or unrelated comments. But I realize now that I was wrong to try.

Some feel because they get a kick out of throwing insult around that those who don't care for that type of exchange are thin skinned, and should develop thicker skin. Those who don't like it should buck up or leave. It never occurs to them that maybe it's they who ought to look at their way and consider maybe they offend some they never wished to...and some just don't give a damn.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tried to be polite and respectful,it didn't matter how i conducted myself and i noticed the same with others,if you post anything and leave the door open, your screwed.I finally decided,[bleep] it, it's a bunch of guys on the innanet, who cares what they think.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I think some of you guys has made my point better than I could have ever had.Some will never be able to see the forest for the trees.Good luck and good bye.

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Is it satisfying to ridicule something that you know nothing about and make no effort to know anything about?

We both know the answer is YES for some and that extends for certain to ridiculing people here also.

As to why and what to do about it is a topic of interest to me. I enjoy forums a great deal but I wish that they were more civilized.
=============================================
What is Sola Gratia?

The hallmark and glory of Protestant theology is its commitment to sola gratia,or the assertion that we are saved by grace alone.

Someone above has Sola Gratia as a signature. I just posted the above as a thought.

awwwww geeeez,...now y'all done set Savage 99 off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
I think some of you guys has made my point better than I could have ever had.Some will never be able to see the forest for the trees.Good luck and good bye.

Aw Bullsheet, take a break from it a while, you'll be ready to go. I've taken breaks before, when it starts to get under your skin more than you enjoy it, take a break, but there is too much good info and people here to let the other crap chase you off.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
24 hour campfire, like any other forum should be enjoyed not "endured"...and it aint either anymore for several old posters I know.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Blaine
Can you get me into a 300 class bull?

Reliably??? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NevadaDan
Patrick, you're 100% correct.

That's why I stopped posting here several years ago.

This used to be a very pleasent place to visit, which many of us enjoyed. That changed several years ago. Rudeness spread like a fanned wildfire. Many of the more knowledgeable and experienced people just kind of faded away. A few still linger on... But politness? Respect for another's opinion? No more here. It has nothing to do with thin skin and everything to do with manners.

This is one of the excellent posts on the topic. Other than you guys leaving I wonder if any other strategy or action is possible?

I have asked some of the more virulent such as Big Stick to please tone it down. That what we say here reflects on all of us as hunters, sportsmen and gunowners.

However Big Stick is back spewing hate and some are amused by it! Perhaps the vendors and owner of the site like the numbers or action and thats all that counts?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
He'll keep this up until the cows come home.

I hope you're satisfied.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Patrick_James

Just hang around the canuck forum, we are a polite bunch. laugh

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Nuts.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blaine
Cakawate mallo...................

Berry interesante,......joos all speet one anoger

best frangs,......

hijo de la grande p..a,

joo Gringos Hard to feegjoor.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Firing Line might suit you better Patrick.
They run a pretty tight ship over there, all full up with PC and tolerance BS.
You might just fit right in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why does it take me twice as long to understand your posts?

you need to learn english!! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

There it is.

So politeness is now considered PC BS?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 700LH

Always a parting shot. Rejection does that to a person. More so on this Forum.
They just can't let it go. Differences of opinion, met with insults. Like he's actually lurking somewhere here to read it...not.

Last edited by bearmgc; 10/26/09.
Page 9 of 67 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 46 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,835
Posts18,478,070
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.