Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 25 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 24 25
B
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Here's my plan.

Stress to my kids that they need to learn career skills which will make them welcome in other countries.

This one is going to be eaten from within and without.

They won't need to go to other countries, they can just work here for their Chinese bosses. When China cashes in all their TB's and starts spending their trillions in US dollars before they become more worthless, they'll start buying up all the resources and real estate we have here.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
It is coming, my only regret is I will have to watch it unfold, not actually march to orders.
Don't worry, T. We can set you up in a tree stand with a pot of coffee and a nice line of sight all around. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BIF1, we're on the same plan

I just gave $500 (the max limit) to a guy that's been on our city council that's running for mayor of our small city.

He's a good man, an unassuming man, he does a huge amount of volunteer work that you have to dig to find out he does because he never mentions it.

he always and sometimes the lone voice on city council, "I see the merit of the idea but how are we going to pay for this"

he's a man that's earned not only my support but my respect.

I don't even get to vote in city elections as I live outside the city, but I do operate a biz in city limits.

but like you I'm pretty well prepared for the Worst, and am getting more prepared everyday. Gonna take delivery of two new fuel tanks next week. One for gas, one for heating oil. buying a wood stove insert and a wood stove for the respective levels of my home.

getting a new generator hooked up to run furnace, water pump and freezers. gonna have an identical one just like it sitting on the sidelines

installing a gate at the bottom of our 1/10th mile long driveway

have our cabin to go to if things would ever get WORST

wish I'd held onto all the guns and gold I had at one time, but was able to sell all for a small loss to finance everything else.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Shoulda stopped when you had the chance Jackass.....now we're gonna start disagreeing.

Can't see that it's any of "us" that's facilitating the current destruction of the Constitution, beyond some having allowed the current regime to take power in the LAST VOTE.

Which is the crux of the problem....Dot Gov at present isn't listening to us and continues to chop and grind away with near zero resistance.

The fail safe here is this November, IF the votes go the right way and we can gridlock The Supreme Muslim.

I simply have a hard time believing that a pissed off American populace rising up to defend and/or restore the Freedom of their fellow Countrymen as a further destruction of the Constitution.

YMMV, obviously...........

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by T LEE
It is coming, my only regret is I will have to watch it unfold, not actually march to orders.
Don't worry, T. We can set you up in a tree stand with a pot of coffee a nice line of sight all around. grin

If it came to it, that would work and I would be willing.

I am a firm believer in quality of life, not so quantity if the quality is gone.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by fish head
Last night I went out to dinner with my next door neighbor. He's a very conservative, religious, kind and decent man. He doesn't read the fire, he's not into conspiracy theories, he's not anti-American or into anything wacko. Just a middle of the road good hearted American.

For the first time in his life he's truly concerned over whether or not America will survive, intact, the current fiasco that's in Washington.

It was a very interesting to hear his views.
Until you realize that what's happening to the United States was in the works, by design, for the last sixty years, and by whom, you will just be chasing your tail no matter what you do.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Why be heartbroken? Jefferson repeatedly said that freedom required such actions every so often to maintain freedom and stop the inevitable decay into tyranny.

One should look upon such talk as a positive, not only that we still have the right to discuss it, but care enough to consider it.
Excellent points.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by wildswalker
The fail safe here is this November, IF the votes go the right way and we can gridlock The Supreme Muslim.

,..and elect who?

The same GOP that was on board for amnesty and the bank bailout,....and doubled the national debt during the 8 years they held office last time?

Let me know how that works out for ya.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

The current economic pain is maybe a 4 on the 0-10 scale. We're very spoiled. If it gets to an 8 or 9, expect some actual fireworks, from someone other than the professional freeloaders protesting the dried up .gov teat when the folks they rely on for handouts try to fill it back up by force.

It would be purely civil disobedience and defensive actions as required, not some silly notion of offensive "Revolution" some here try to paint it as. The finger ain't anywhere near the switch, yet. There will be some goofballs who pop their cork early, but that's just human nature.

It IS interesting to hear even the mention of such things lately from folks who you would never imagine could consider it, both military and non. Some folks seem to have stopped hitting the "Snooze" button, which gives us at least a chance of avoiding a real catastrophe, compared to the current mess.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Steve;

You just reinforced my point. Folks on both/either/neither side are just getting sick and tired of getting screwed by .gov, regardless of who/which party is in office.

There are more than a few that see it not as a shredding of the Constitution, but of a .gov/system that itself has already shredded at least the spirit, if not in fact the word, of that same Constitution, of the documents before and underlying it, and of the Founders.

The "hard work that needs to be done", is (at least in the minds of a growing number) not necessarily the same as what you think it is. Again, that (and, no offense) may be due to a difference in station/position in life.

See, this is why I still occasionally take a look at your posts. You have the capacity to make a lot of sense and make some very good points and arguments when you put your mind to it. A+

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
shredding the constitution in the name of saving it is a bad bargain....that's why we have elections

silly talk about armed revolution is just a distraction from the hard real world work that needs to be done

same kind of ridiculous BS the lefties did under Bush....this stuff reads like a reverse Democratic Underground forum. the difference of course being that the guys on this forum actually have the weaponry and in some cases the expertise to make the threat more real wink

Steve, I agree with some points but it doesn't take a genius to look at the changing demographics here in this country and recognize that Anglo influence is dissipating.

Now if you believe that African Americans and Mexican's will be as benevolent in majority as Anglos were in the second half of the 20th century through today and that our own version of Rhodesia; South Africa etc., is impossible, then so be it.

But one need only look at the benevolence of said people in major cities, where they have majority control, to truly see where our future lies.
+1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Steve,

Bud, if you notice, I'm raising the fact that this trend concerns me. The fact that these discussions are ACTUALLY happening more and more, concerns me.

I agree that what the soldiers were doing is illegal, that's why I gave them a fair warning. I understand their concern though. I understand the absolute frustration that both conservatives and liberals are having with the folks in Washington. It's not one ideology waring with another. It's the anger that the masses feel towards the political class. The elected representatives that betray their voters at every turn. No matter what party or ideology they come from. Americans at every level feel betrayed, and are angry.

Like you, I thought this kind of talk was for the extreme wierdo's out there. I'm merely pointing out that it's now gotten to a place where the normal folks are asking the questions.

Also, like you, I believe the vast majority of Americans (myself included) still believe in the Rule of Law.

I think the majority of people that are upset are not for "shredding the Constitution" but rather for upholding it in the face of those who ARE shredding it in Washington. I don't for a second believe that people want to raise arms and kill each other. I DO believe that they feel SOMETHING needs to be done, because things are failing left and right.
Well said, Huga.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't think we are in total disagreement here.

True, those in Washington are the one's shredding things.

Also true, America elected them.....sort of.

When we have 1/3rd of the electorate actually voting, then yes, it is our fault. There are those of us that are doing OUR part, like yourself and I. So, when I say WE are to blame, I mean America as a whole.

People aren't involved. They aren't educated. They don't care. When I say WE need to do something, I mean America as a whole.

My apologies for not communicating that clear enough.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

,..and elect who?

The same GOP that was on board for amnesty and the bank bailout,....and doubled the national debt during the 8 years they held office last time?

Let me know how that works out for ya.

When I cast my vote in November it will be to oust an incumbant that's not worth the air he breaths.....where's your vote(s) going, oh Great and Wise Bristoe.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the majority of people that are upset are not for "shredding the Constitution" but rather for upholding it in the face of those who ARE shredding it in Washington.

Yep.

I don't for a second believe that people want to raise arms and kill each other.

They don't.

I DO believe that they feel SOMETHING needs to be done, because things are failing left and right.

They do indeed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

My apologies for not communicating that clear enough.

Trust me, the sign you put down is plenty clear enough...........

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
up his ass, as usual.

no actually, he will vote this year because there's a Paul on the ballot in KY, although Rand may not be quite wacky enough for Bristoe. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Some type of activity will make itself known when the Federal government can no longer afford to pay out its obligations,..and that's coming sooner than most people think.

When the annual deficit stands at a trillion dollars and stands no chance of being reduced in subsequent years, something is getting ready to give.

For me, the realization that we were in *real* trouble was when the national debt doubled in 8 years,...and when the federal reserve started taking the nation's wealth and passing it around to its cronies.

The fat cats know what's up.
+1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Show me a good democrat who's sole interest is to preserve the Freedoms of my Fellow Americans and I will vote for him/her.

Somebody very recently said this isn't Right vs. Left....this is Right vs. Wrong.

The sooner folks realize that, the sooner we avoid armed conflict in the Country...........

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trust me, the sign you put down is plenty clear enough...........

So we still disagree?

It's true that the folks in Washinton have promised their constituents one thing, and delivered another. That's the betrayal I've kept mentioning. THAT is the fault of nobody but the politicians themselves.

That said, the fact that they KEEP getting elected, AND the fact that MOST of America does not vote, is what makes it the fault of the people.

Am I wrong on that?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 6 of 25 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.