Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Her home wasnt "being invaded". She let them in, also. She is on parole/probation which means they can make a warranties search any time they want to

Actually, it wasn't just "her" home and she wasn't the one who let them in. She's the girlfriend of the son of the parolee who invited the Troopers in when they showed up to assist the Medics on a possible suicide call.

They did a walk-through, saw the bong & some weed in plain sight in the son & girlfriend's room, and the confrontation began. Notice that "Mom" the parolee, was outside during the confrontation.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Her home wasnt "being invaded". She let them in, also. She is on parole/probation which means they can make a warranties search any time they want to

Actually, it wasn't just "her" home and she wasn't the one who let them in. She's the girlfriend of the son of the parolee who invited the Troopers in when they showed up to assist the Medics on a possible suicide call.

They did a walk-through, saw the bong & some weed in plain sight in the son & girlfriend's room, and the confrontation began. Notice that "Mom" the parolee, was outside during the confrontation.

Ed

Ok. I got confused from our earlier conversation. Main point being that they were invited into the residence

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
After 32 years enforcing the laws of the United States, it really twists my trust of what is being hired now. The new generation of police officers are not being taught law enforcement, but tyrannical tactics just to show their superiors that they are producing stats. It really makes me sick to see law enforcement erode to this level. I sure am glad I am popping smoke in October. Even the fnugs I deal with now have the same attitude. My superiors depend on me to "train" the new generation in law enforcement. They don't want to learn from me, they think I am archaic and don't know WTF I am doing in this "new" LE world. The problem lies in that the new generation watches too much T.V. and think that the bad practices they are watching are o.k. because it is on national television.

I gotta stop now, I am getting pretty disgusted!

Allen

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Allen, it's more than that. It's a whole attitude of this just being a job, not a way of life.

It's a matter of not forcing the hiring process to wean out people with no life experience, particularly life experience that involves high stress or one that causes you to think and respond instead of reacting.

Another poster commented on life/drama and they were spot-on. Our society is conditioned to think emotionally, not pragmatically. You cannot do this job well and think emotionally.

That is the core problem behind what you are experiencing, too. They do not have a system that makes them rely on senior officers and their hard-earned good judgement as well as a peer pressure to perform at their highest level.

Their expectation is to be the one who has all of the answers. Even though they have no clue what all the questions are.

Someone else complained about non-Alaskans being recruited and hired at AST. There are just not enough emotionally, mentally, and physically strong enough individuals who WANT to be a Trooper in Alaska. It is tough to find good candidates anywhere in the US, thus we see some of the problems with immature, irresponsible officers. Agencies have to have bodies to fill the needs, and they take what they can get.

It is frustrating.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Watched the vid read the thread. I feel sorry for any guy who ever has to deal with a white trash bitch like that. All she had to do was talk reasonable,calmly and intelligently without all the [bleep] handwaving and body laguage to those troopers. there wouldn't have been any problems. I think she was looking to stage an incident also for financial gain. Why all the bullschit unless looking for some gain? Magnum Man

Based on that standard,there wouldn't be an Italian walking around free!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
IC B2

A
AHF Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I agree Ed. Thanks for expanding/explaining in words I could not. I have such a hard and strong respect for true Law Enforcement and you put things in a perspective that is easier for a law enforcement officer to comprehend. It is easy to say that one is just going to retire and forget all about the lack of integrity in modern day law enforcement, but when it is your life, you cannot ignore the bastardization of a coveted and proud legacy.

Allen

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgement.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why do you think I have clung to this thread like a tick? It grieves me to see someone wearing a uniform I once wore acting like that.
Any of my peers, much less my FTO's would have drug that idiot out of there by his collar LONG before it got to the shoving stage.

The ONLY way an AST Trooper can do his/her job in the Bush, alone, is if they have the respect of the people they serve. That demands that the dignity and honor of that uniform not be discolored by treating people with a lack dignity and respect, even while you're kicking their ass.

You HAVE to stand above the emotion swirling around you or you will fall.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, this guy's actions are going to haunt him, and his fellow Troopers, for a while.

Ed

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The bong and pot is a non issue ... Raven vs State of Alaska. Small amounts of pot in your home for personal use is legal and has been since 1975. The Trooper had no buisness starting this confrontation over the pot.

http://justice.uaa.alaska.edu/publications/authors/brandeis/1113.06.ravin_v_state.html

In 1975, in Ravin v. State, the Alaska Supreme Court held that the Alaska Constitution�s right to privacy protects an adult�s ability to use and possess a small amount of marijuana in the home for personal use. The Alaska Supreme Court thereby became the first�and remains the only�state or federal court to announce a constitutional privacy right that protects some level of marijuana use and possession.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ropes

The bong and pot is a none issue ... Raven vs State of Alaska. Small amounts of pot in your home for personal use is legal and has been since 1975.

http://justice.uaa.alaska.edu/publications/authors/brandeis/1113.06.ravin_v_state.html

In 1975, in Ravin v. State, the Alaska Supreme Court held that the Alaska Constitution�s right to privacy protects an adult�s ability to use and possess a small amount of marijuana in the home for personal use. The Alaska Supreme Court thereby became the first�and remains the only�state or federal court to announce a constitutional privacy right that protects some level of marijuana use and possession.

For a non-parolee/probationer, you're absolutely right. The mixed issue here was that there was a parolee/probationer in the home. Your assertion of Ravin is why the Troopers didn't arrest ANYONE for that bong & weed.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed after reading your thoughts on this matter I'm going to have to strongly reconsider us having a drink together.

Yep, I've thought it over, I'm pretty certain I'm going to need to buy the first round.

Kudos to you for having the respect you do for the badge and what it represents. Tis one of the most honorable things a LEO can do imo, respect what his dept. and that badge stand for.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Hudge
I'm not a cop, but a my co-worker is a former one. He said that since she went to shut the door that in itself was enough as you ahve to maintain visual contact of your partner at all times. If that's true than ok, but still a little over the top for me.

Ok, so let me get this straight:

If a cop is walking out of your house, and you go to close the door behind him, he can throw you to the ground and charge you will assult because closing the door could cause him to loose visual contact with you????

Your friend IS KIDDING, right???

No, he's not kidding, and he was LE in the military. In the video it shows only one trooper in the house as the other stepped out. When she went to shut the door, the visual contact as he called it would have been lost. Also, calling him my friend is not nice, relationship stays at co-worker, as he's a darn Obama voter.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Problem is the officer losing visual contact is not probable cause the young lady committed a crime. You don't get to pretend someone committed a crime because somehow you lost visual contact with your partner. What, we got a statute that says causing a cop to lose visual contact with his partner is a crime? Don't think so.

Just sayin.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ropes
The bong and pot is a non issue ... Raven vs State of Alaska. Small amounts of pot in your home for personal use is legal and has been since 1975. The Trooper had no buisness starting this confrontation over the pot.

And it gets worse, He's tellin her she's got a drug addiction problem and is in denial? WTH?

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I sure am glad I am popping smoke in October.
Congratulations and best wishes to you, Allen. It was a pleasure to have met you and from the short time we spent together I could easily recognize you (and Ed) were truly one of the good guys. I, too, regret the direction law enforcement has taken in the last decade or two, but there is no doubt in my mind, you and many others on here did an honorable profession proud, and I thank you for that sincerely. But it's certainly not just law enforcement that has become something of concern, but the whole society, country, and in fact the whole world. I fear there is no going back to where we were, and am certain I don't like where we are. That may qualify as a dilemma. grin But one we all face and will have to deal with on our own terms. I'm sure we will. All the best to you, Officer.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Longbob
Pat,

The post above mentions kidnapping as have a few others. Don't know if it goes that far, but at what point does an officer need to inform the person what they are being arrested for? I have never been arrested so I don't know these things. Just curious if they are supposed to tell you as they are cuffing you or can it wait until they get to the station or what.

I don't know about Alaska State law. In Texas, it is not required by statute, but is required by most Department's policy. In reference to "kidnapping", that is foolish. False arrest is the term.

Isn't that just semantics?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I think the trooper didn't approve of her behavior/lifestyle based on the lecturing. He didn't like her. He was looking for a reason to arrest. He incorrectly identified one.

Buh-bye.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
There are some really great posts on this thread by some really great LEOs I'm thinking.

Several of these posts ought to be read by that Trooper.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I'm not a cop, but a my co-worker is a former one. He said that since she went to shut the door that in itself was enough as you ahve to maintain visual contact of your partner at all times. If that's true than ok, but still a little over the top for me.

Ok, so let me get this straight:

If a cop is walking out of your house, and you go to close the door behind him, he can throw you to the ground and charge you will assult because closing the door could cause him to loose visual contact with you????

Your friend IS KIDDING, right???

No, he's not kidding, and he was LE in the military. In the video it shows only one trooper in the house as the other stepped out. When she went to shut the door, the visual contact as he called it would have been lost. Also, calling him my friend is not nice, relationship stays at co-worker, as he's a darn Obama voter.

How would the visual contact been lost? The other officer was outside, the second officer was walking out the door, and she was attempting to close the door behind him. The visual contact with the partner wouldn't have ever been lost at that point.

I think your coworker is wrong in this case if he is trying to use that as a justification.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I alweays said that if I were to make the hiring standards, I would NOT give much consideration to college degrees. I would look for the guy/gal who has been a clerk in a Stop-n-Rob on the overnight shift. They know how to deal with people. I would also want for my hires to have spent a weekend in the lock-up for disorderly conduct. When one has the power to take away someone's liberty they had better know EXACTLY what that means. The trooper in this call is a complete nitwit. I WILL say however, that on ANY call, it is best for your survival NOT to allow an argumentive anyone to get within arms reach of you, PARTICULARLY from behind you. This is what is known as a clusterphuck.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
I sure am glad I am popping smoke in October.
Congratulations and best wishes to you, Allen. It was a pleasure to have met you and from the short time we spent together I could easily recognize you (and Ed) were truly one of the good guys. I, too, regret the direction law enforcement has taken in the last decade or two, but there is no doubt in my mind, you and many others on here did an honorable profession proud, and I thank you for that sincerely. But it's certainly not just law enforcement that has become something of concern, but the whole society, country, and in fact the whole world. I fear there is no going back to where we were, and am certain I don't like where we are. That may qualify as a dilemma. grin But one we all face and will have to deal with on our own terms. I'm sure we will. All the best to you, Officer.

If this thread lasts much longer, there will be somebody labeling them both as cop-haters and lumping them in with TRH on all future LEO threads. grin grin

FWIW....... I came thru WELCH,TX on my way home from Seminole yesterday. I saw reason to re-visit it in a couple weeks when the cattle are moved out.

Y'all are welcome. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,150
Posts18,502,825
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.