T
Excellent work Tim!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And this one time, in yoga class, I stuck a flute in my...

Stretching and being flexible is one thing, but you need to add muscle. Every guy in my gym that does yoga is skinny fat guy, but at least they can touch their toes. LOL

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
You had too many before pics. I was looking at them and saying to myself, "I don't see the difference."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm down close to 25 in under 2 months, hoping to stop another 20 by wedding day in July.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Yoga is for chicks. Men lift weights.

Wiped out my back in 2001. In 2002 they said I would never work again. I worked 65 to 70 hour weeks until I retired two and a half years ago. Now both shoulders are gone. My wife has to help put my shirts on and off. Somehow I doubt weights are a good idea for me right now.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
And this one time, in yoga class, I stuck a flute in my...

Stretching and being flexible is one thing, but you need to add muscle. Every guy in my gym that does yoga is skinny fat guy, but at least they can touch their toes. LOL

Wanna arm wrestle?

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been doing arobic\weightlifing every other day five days a week going on eight months. Age 49.
Haven't lost but a couple pounds but my body has changed tremendously for the better.
I can see it is going to be a lifetime necessity but on the plus side I eat what want and make gains in fitness.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Scott F
Yoga is for chicks. Men lift weights.

Wiped out my back in 2001. In 2002 they said I would never work again. I worked 65 to 70 hour weeks until I retired two and a half years ago. Now both shoulders are gone. My wife has to help put my shirts on and off. Somehow I doubt weights are a good idea for me right now.

You ain't too old to get them fixed.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Back is not fixable. Have been to 21, yes that is a real number, neurosurgeons. All say no help. Shoulders may be fixable. I will talk to my doctor the next time I get to the VA to see him.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yoga is a supplement, not a workout. Weights build muscle and bone density. More muscle increases your metabolism. This is science.

Only reason I would do yoga is to check out chicks in yoga pants.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yoga is a supplement, not a workout. Weights build muscle and bone density. More muscle increases your metabolism. This is science.

Only reason I would do yoga is to check out chicks in yoga pants.

thanks for clearing that up dogcatcher

for a minute there my lying eyes had me convinced Cowboy Tim was telling the truth about how he shed that weight and got toned up crazy grin

cain't trust them Cowboy types I reckon, he prolly just told us all about the yoga so he could get a good laugh thinking of a bunch of us old guys trying to bend over far enough to see up our nether regions

shame on you Tim, shame on you! wink

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Isn't he the guy that wanted to arm wrestle me or something odd?

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C

You're the one that said DDP Yoga doesn't build muscle...and that only chicks and "skinny fat guys" do yoga...do a little homework on the program, you'd be surprised.

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by CowboyTim

You're the one that said DDP Yoga doesn't build muscle...and that only chicks and "skinny fat guys" do yoga...do a little homework on the program, you'd be surprised.

Okay, post some yoga guy deadlift, shoulder press, and power clean numbers. The aforementioned lifts are what fit people can do at any age. At 54, I'm right at all of Mark Rippetoe's intermediate standards for all the major lifts

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm

What you don't seem to understand is yoga, by itself, has never been, and will never, ever, be a proper conditioning program, in and of itself. This is the same as running.

Far be it from me to disregard the importance of flexibility and mobility, as that is a current weakness of mine currently, and I'm seeking to rectify that.

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
You really can't discount ALL yoga programs out of hand, there are way too many different types of it for that. Yoga IS what DDP Yoga is based on but to compare it to most types of yoga is like comparing a Ford Super Duty to a Chevy Luv...there's more to the program than just yoga. It's basically Yoga, in plain english, without the spiritual bs, with old school calisthenics(different types of push ups and crunches mostly) added along with Dynamic Resistance(kinda like isometrics)...It's a great workout that gets your heart rate up and builds muscle.

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tim, that is truly an impressive show of self control, moderation, and determination. I've rarely seen anything more impressive. Good for you and your family.

It has certainly opened my eyes.

Scott

The church is close, but the road is icey. The tavern is far, but I will walk carefully. -Russian Proverb
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have always heard fat people are happy people

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Had the chance to meet Dallas Page a couple weeks ago...I hope I'm HALF that ripped at 58... [Linked Image]

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Tough Mudder Wisconsin 2014, 10+ miles in the mud, the hills, ice water and obstacle course...DONE!!!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CowboyTim; 09/07/14. Reason: fixed pic.

Mauser Rescue Society

jdi do píči
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Well it's been a year since I decided to get a handle on my weight and get into shape. Try living a healthier lifestyle and what not. So far so good. I've gone from this:

[Linked Image]

To this:

[Linked Image]

Doing DDP Yoga every day now(have been for the last 8 months), I don't even remember the last time I felt this good.

Tim you look awesome! ... and happy with the kids. Congrats on the work & results.

I'm not overweight by any standard, but I am out-of-shape by comparison.

You just motivated me to get back to work on it.

Thing is, it used to just happen. Seems things changed in the 40's... I guess it'll take a little effort now.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 32 invisible), 2,128 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,863
Posts18,478,602
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.