24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: The Left Will Never... cv540 Yesterday at 04:20 PM
I remember after Nixon resigned, and Carter was elected people said Republicans would NEVER get the presidency back.

They underestimated how deeply Carter could suck, and he looks like a genius compared to Biden.

Biden summed it all up nicely

"4 More Years?, Pause"
128 5,184 more...
Re: Its meme time OldmanoftheSea Yesterday at 04:20 PM
[Linked Image]
78,252 14,648,076 more...
Re: Union Take Pappy348 Yesterday at 04:20 PM
There’s a wide gap between what most union members think and what the leadership thinks. I’ve run into a few diehard, brainless sheep members, but in general the rank and file are pretty conservative, and growing more so. A glaring exception to that was my former UPS driver, a pretty nice black guy, who he was all in on the union line as well as all the race stuff. At least he could talk about it rationally, and admitted the Teamsters had screwed them when they absorbed other unions with pension financing troubles.

My former union spent 75% of our dues on Democrat campaign contributions, so when I moved to a RTW state, I dumped them, simply by not signing on with the different local. Unlike the DC and MD locals, they never even tried to sign me up.
66 2,672 more...
IC B2
Re: Behind the scenes! The (d) conspiracy! steve4102 Yesterday at 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Why can't us conservatives conspire too?

Fight fire with fire.

Why are they better at doing the things to win than we are?
Do you know of any “conservatives “ in positions of power?
24 1,314 more...
Re: Its meme time OldmanoftheSea Yesterday at 04:19 PM
[Linked Image]
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Good article on Townsend Whelen Q_Sertorius Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Great article.
11 867 more...
Re: Its meme time OldmanoftheSea Yesterday at 04:18 PM
[Linked Image]
Re: Its meme time OldmanoftheSea Yesterday at 04:18 PM
[Linked Image]
Re: " Without Intent to Kill " 1minute Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Perhaps I've gone blind, but is there a link associated with this incident/post?

Arrested him on all charges ,here it is ....
14 774 more...
Re: Silly Goose! SamOlson Yesterday at 04:17 PM
I'm thinking chainsaw as well!

WTF are the odds?!

This is only the second time I've ever rescued a tree calf.
51 2,940 more...
IC B3
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Arken? huntsman22 Yesterday at 04:17 PM
Have a pair of SH 4-16's, pair of EPL 6-24's, pair of EPL 4-16's, Pair of LH 4-16's. And one of their NV scopes. I like ALL of these.......

Here's a pic of an LH 4-16 on a 17 hummer from yesterday....
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
47 3,370 more...
Re: Its meme time OldmanoftheSea Yesterday at 04:17 PM
[Linked Image]
Re: " Without Intent to Kill " LHS905 Yesterday at 04:16 PM
The FB post was poorly written. The charge is Aggravated Assault. The "without intent to kill" language is within the statute as noted below. It's applied after the fact I guess. No proof to the contrary, or no evidence to apply a more serious charge-attempted murder, etc,

LHS

The 2023 Florida Statutes (including Special Session C)

Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 784
ASSAULT; BATTERY; CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE
View Entire Chapter
784.021 Aggravated assault.—
(1) An “aggravated assault” is an assault:
(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill; or
(b) With an intent to commit a felony.
(2) A person who commits aggravated assault commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) For the purposes of sentencing under chapter 921, a violation of this section committed by a person acting in furtherance of a riot or an aggravated riot prohibited under s. 870.01 is ranked one level above the ranking under s. 921.0022 for the offense committed.
History.—s. 2, ch. 3275, 1881; RS 2402; GS 3228; RGS 5061; CGL 7163; s. 1, ch. 29709, 1955; s. 1, ch. 57-345; s. 731, ch. 71-136; s. 18, ch. 74-383; s. 8, ch. 75-298; s. 5, ch. 2021-6.
Note.—Former s. 784.04.
14 774 more...
Re: College Protests Rapier Yesterday at 04:16 PM
9 times out of 10 times you will find a PLO connection to any and all of this crap.
75 3,423 more...
Re: Eddie Vedders And Pearl Jam, POS's All. Teal Yesterday at 04:16 PM
Taylor Swift's silence on the FTC's rule for non-competes this week is deafening.
33 2,530 more...
Re: 17hmr good for coyotes? Dirtfarmer Yesterday at 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Originally Posted by ol_mike
On all public land east of the Rockies you're only allowed to use a firearm that is legal for whatever Game is in season. You can't tote a 22-250 during small game season.
Centerfires are allowed during deer/bear seasons- off limits when those seasons end.

Say what? Colorado eastern plains falls into the "east of the Rockies" yet I can carry a 22-250 or 17/204 and hunt coyotes during big game seasons, legally.

.22-204 with 75 gr. Swift Scirocco does a job on 'yotes. 100 yds, off hand in my yard.

Smart 'yotes don't come walking thru my yard while I'm out in the shop, Christmas Eve, wrapping presents.

Wrapped this dude up pretty quick.

DRT, although he flopped around a bit, slinging blood everywhere before he gave it up.

BTW, the SSII is a great bullet on hogs. I never killed a deer with it because I never shot one with it, always using bigger stuff.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
84 4,728 more...
Re: The Left Will Never... Teal Yesterday at 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Angus55
Trump , has surprised the world, I have never heard of a human fighting a system this evil and still walking, I will never give up hope for him to be our President again! We can’t

While I will never stop fighting for and voting for what's right and who's right, I know deep down that "they" will never allow that to succeed.

Where do we go from this point?

We really need a strong Plan B.

Where is your sense of pride in America? Your faith in God? Your willingness to stand up & be counted? You sound quite capitulatory.

Was it capitulation when people decided to load muskets in 1776 and change things or was that acknowledgement that plan B does not involve repeating plan A and expecting a different result.

Who are you going to shoot? Half the congregation at your church?

The moderates? The high minded fence sitters?

It's metaphor, not literally. As you said - participate but also realize, no one's coming to help you either. Understand we're going to eventually have low level conflict all over the US, much like we see this week but OFF campus. Much like we saw in 2020.

I also think a person should learn to do without if you want any chance of getting big business out of politics. That's key and I'd like to see a return to "you don't pay taxes (net) - you don't get to vote" but that will never happen either.

Reality is - the American country as we know it today will eventually cease to exist. NO country lasts forever. No empire does. We will, regardless, eventually implode. It's primarily luck as to when you live within that rise/fall arc.

Average lifespan of an empire over the historical record is 2.7 centuries.
Average lifespan of a reserve currency is 1 century.

For the US - they both end up around the same time in the 2040's - change is coming, regardless of how much we don't want to admit it and when that change happens, shooting will be part of it. Up to each person to determine how they want to deal with that or prepare - or not for that.
128 5,184 more...
Re: Don’t sound good at SCOTUS today ratsmacker Yesterday at 04:14 PM
I've been listening to it. Seems there's a lot of sharp questions by every single judge, at both sides. Seems pretty even-handed to me, but I'm not a lawyer, and don't play one on the Fire. It's interesting, certainly.
19 1,751 more...
Re: Behind the scenes! The (d) conspiracy! Angus55 Yesterday at 04:14 PM
Why are they always Jews or married to Jews, biggest traders in America are always Jews!
24 1,314 more...
Re: Behind the scenes! The (d) conspiracy! SupFoo Yesterday at 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Why can't us conservatives conspire too?
Fight fire with fire.
Why are they better at doing the things to win than we are?

Because The Swamp had a 60 year (at least) head start when they shot the president and then shot his brother. Kinda set the tone. So ya, this fight is long overdue.

Never the less;

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
24 1,314 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: DATA POINTS H-414 & w 760 jorgeI Yesterday at 04:13 PM
Thanks, John, very informative. I do use H4831 a lot and will always have it for my VC 450 as it was regulated with Hornady factory ammo and that is the powder Hornady uses. They were very nice and helpful, they sent me their load data and that is where I really leaned the variances in H-4831. For example, their loads used 93gr and when I tried it, they barely made 2050 fps, so I worked up to 98gr (also using data from the Wright book) and my rifle regulated perfectly with that charge at a steady 2100 fps. Even though the specs are 2150 as you probably know this, but that is with 28" barrels and my double sports 25". On the RL-15 question, I got those loads from JJ Hack here on the fire (74gr for TSX/F210s) and it's worked great for me here in Florida @temps from 30 plus to 95. As I mentioned before, the H414 in the 375 I used in Africa (Zim) in Sept, when it was 105 by 1000.

BTW, do you (or maybe Aussie) know when will Woodleigh start importing bullets to the US?
22 1,702 more...
Re: " Without Intent to Kill " lvmiker Yesterday at 04:12 PM
In Nevada brandishing is drawing or presenting a weapon in a rude, angry or threatening manner not in necessary self defense. This is a pretty clear description and a reasonable person would be justified in being in fear of death or great bodily injury from such an action. Intent is demonstrated by the act.

mike r
14 774 more...
Re: " Without Intent to Kill " MartinStrummer Yesterday at 04:12 PM
"Without intent to kill."

I don't know about anywhere else, but in TX & OK, that's called "brandishing" and can get you arrested, lose your CHL (SDA in OK) OR get you shot!
To me, "brandishing" is the same as "threatening" and warrants one protecting one's self!
14 774 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTB T/C 7x30 waters rifle barrel Dinny Yesterday at 04:11 PM
Bump for a good guy!

Have you tried contacting Mike Bellm to see if he has one laying around?

I hope you get one soon. I'm building a H&R 7-30 Waters stub barrel and would like to have someone to trade load data with.
9 418 more...
Re: The Left Will Never... steve4102 Yesterday at 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Perhaps a future generation will take the proper initiative.

Funny guy.
128 5,184 more...
Page 77 of 168 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 167 168
AX24

617 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,470
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.