24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Calf fries JefeMojado 04/22/24
Had them fried once, the other times, they were just tossed on the branding iron furnace top. I think it's simply the novelty of eating them thats inspires guys to yak about how good they are.
To me, they were like tilapia are to real fish, they taste like what the are cooked with or seasoned with, a big nothing?
49 3,330 more...
Re: Remember the kid with the flag on his truck? MAC 04/22/24
''Merica still means something to a lot of people!
34 3,440 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: MEC charge bars F/S schell 04/22/24
I will take these email ([email protected]) for details
2 299 more...
IC B2
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Need info on my 15x Unertl Scope Son_of_the_Gael 04/22/24
Nick Stroebel's book indicates that the Ultra Varmint was introduced in 1953 & in 1958 was offered in 8, 10 & 12x; all 24" in length. No info on date of discontinuation. My guess would be your 15x was made after that. Stroebel's book is a wealth of information, but often spotty.

RAS, finding a pre-64 Swift sounds like a plan to me.
9 896 more...
Re: So what happens after Trump goes to Prison ? Dons99 04/22/24
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If we were true patriots, we'd do more than talk.
Some will but they sure as h-ell ain't gonna talk about it here.
100 6,549 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone shoot 6.5x55 AI? 260Remguy 04/22/24
Originally Posted by SWGAShooter
Thanks for the suggestions. Rather than selling the CM I am also considering rebarreling or rechambering it. I thought about a 6.5-284 but most everything I read is go the long action route. I wasn’t sure if a 260 AI would be best fitted to a long action for 130-140 grain bullets or that could be a short action alternative.

The 284 and all of the wildcats based on the 284 share a 55mm case length, the same as the 6.5x55. The 6.5-284 has a little more case capacity than the 6.5x55AI and it would be easier to find a reamer and dies.

The 284's 55mm case length causes COAL issues in short actions with a lot of bullets, which is why Winchester only offered 2 bullet weights in their factory ammo, 125 and a deeply seated 150 grain.

I have a Winchester 70 XTR in 6.5-284 that has a rechambered 6.5x55 barrel. It feeds fine and has enough magazine length such that there are zero COAL issues.
6 625 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves Redneck 04/22/24
I think we need the "ignition of unrest"... Every single sob who worked for this POS Biden needs to be FIRED on day one and told to find honest work in the trades or similar..
112 5,122 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves Riverc 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Mohall57
Mr. Trump, in order to accomplish anything, will need a60-40 majority in the senate and at least 30 maga majority in the house. Given this is near impossible Trump must immediately resind all the executive orders issued by Biden, that and through his own executive orders , begin building the border wall, deport millions of illegals, reinstate hiis former border pollices, drill baby drill on public lands and off shore, permit keystone pipeline, fire every gov’t employee on the top floor of all the fed agencies, beginning with DOJ, CIA, FBI , and pentagon. Issue exc. orders removing all DEI policy’s from gov’t agencies to included the military. Do a much better job of choosing his staff and advisors , eliminate from consideration any of those who haven’t had extensive and proven free enterprise free market private sector experience. Issue pardons for all the Jan 6 convicted so called insurrectionist, and maybe most importantly appoint, to the entire justice system agency heads individuals with proven strong constitutional principles believes , In other words originals not the type who believe the constitution is a living document that can be interpreted according to some popular humanistic view. Order head of DOJ head to begin criminal proceedings against those enimies of the state, like Garland and all those repeatedly lied to congress, under oath. Sanction the hell out of CCP for releasing COVID on the world and charge [bleep] and his cohorts for perjury and falsification of gov’t agency documents covering illegal use of agency funds producing a Geneva convention prohibited biological agent(COVID-19).
Reward those who stuck with him through thick and thin with good high level positions in govt, they exhibited good judgment and loyalty that deserves reward and recognition , to say nothing about they will serve the country well.
Agree,sounds good enough for me but can he accomplish that.
112 5,122 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? djb 04/22/24
With a silencer, yes. A quick pull through with a bore snake will keep you rifle extracting.
35 2,880 more...
Re: for sale or trade ----------- various powders. SE Michigan CJC73 04/22/24
anyone
6 811 more...
IC B3
Re: Piggy Sooy™ - USDA Approval Diggerman 04/22/24
Soylent green?
10 902 more...
Re: If Trump is elected what are his first moves CCCC 04/22/24
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rickt300
I think it will have to be the removal and replacement of Wray and the CIA director Burns and Garland. Then the arrests of all who worked to suppress political speech on social media. DHS would face similar actions, CISA also. Since Trump would have to use the DOJ to pull off much of this, none of whom have shown the slightest hint of integrity I don't see it happening. His first four years were interfered with to an incredible degree, I see this happening again. For this single reason I don't see the election of Trump as anything but the ignition of unrest.

Anyone with a more positive view? Care to share it?

The Election is for President, not Grand Emperor King and Dictator for Life.
Yes, President - and the needed correction of accrued negative drift and corruption is the JOB of the President. The noted work does not at all signify a role as "Grand Emperor King and Dictator for Life."

If the President can get it right during the upcoming 4 year term, those next elected should be held accountable for sustenance of a democratic republic based on Constitutional values and precepts. No Emperor needed - just the vigilance and sensible voting of the citizenry.
112 5,122 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? T_O_M 04/22/24
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
I don't know if I shoot well enough (mostly handguns) to tell much but what do you guys think?

I have a couple .22s I shoot quite a bit, a couple I shoot seldom. For the ones I shoot seldom I like to clean them pretty well before putting them away. Guns I shoot frequently .. no. A couple times a year maybe, maybe not even that. Basically clean them if the dirt seems to affect function. Also clean them .. or at least wipe the carbon, etc off the muzzle before sticking them in a gun rug for transport.
35 2,880 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: A deer Hunting Tale LundyLundy 04/22/24
What a great memory to share with us here. Well written, great message with excellent details.

I should start keeping a journal myself but can only hope to come anywhere near your literary skills.

Thank you for sharing.
23 3,754 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? Dogslife57 04/22/24
Yes, just to take care of it like all the others. Otherwise they feel neglected.
35 2,880 more...
Re: Piggy Sooy™ - USDA Approval Stickfight 04/22/24
I have never met a vegan who was following that diet for health reasons who ate this any of this weird stuff. They mostly are lots of beans and sweet potatoes and avocados and the like.

I wonder who actually buys it all? The Impossible Whoppers and such.
10 902 more...
Re: Irrigation thoughts? Constant water in yard. DigitalDan 04/22/24
Neighbor uphill with similar issue? His leak, or a leak in the water line in his vicinity might be floating downhill. Clay soils in your area? If so they represent a confining layer that can preclude water flow into deeper layers of soil. You have a puzzle but it can be solved. You might want to contact the state water regulators on this.
26 1,710 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Added #6 to the to the group of "G"s Longbeardking 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Well Done Stephen!

Thanks, Ted.
26 1,908 more...
Re: WTS Remington 870 Special Field Barrel 20 Gauge...21" Improved bbrown 04/22/24
Tag
12 1,168 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Added #6 to the to the group of "G"s Poconojack 04/22/24
Well Done Stephen!
26 1,908 more...
Re: Do you clean your 22RF bores? kolofardos 04/22/24
No
35 2,880 more...
Re: FS - Remington 700 ADL - 300 Ultra Mag plus Ammo, Dies Dunderhead 04/22/24
bump
7 807 more...
Re: City of Grants Pass Vs Supreme Court Seafire 04/22/24
Swifty,

We don't disagree on much, and I've always had a lot of respect for you.

HOWEVER, you are posting what is being reported by Big Media. I LIVE here and have for 29 years.

There is a boat load more than 600 people who are "transients" ( the politically correct term for Drug Addicts that make that choice in THEIR lives themselves, and they chose to be 'homeless' by choice, to spend more money on drugs and not have to be responsible and clean in their environment ). There is more than a couple of thousand of them.

They are organized enough, that they do shifts among themselves, to man all the local hotspots, out panhandling with their signs of " Stranded, Please Help, NEED Money for food and fuel... God Bless". Then you can go into stores like Walmart or Winco or Fred Meyer early in the morning when they open, or late in the evening when they are close to closing, and these people are in their with their Oregon TRail Card ( Food Stamps on Credit Cards), and they are busy buying alcohol etc Clothes and other food, they just steal that stuff...clothes, they just change into those in the rest rooms, and leave their old smelly dirty crap laying on the floor in the bathroom stalls.

This town is nothing special... this has become an accepted life style all over the west coast and has migrated nationwide now. Its just the first one to end up in front of the Supreme Court... and its all being started by some useless lawyer, that is trying to make a big name for himself... in a small town of 45,000 people.

NO this town has been chosen to be a starting point to either end this crap, OR to make sure the gates of this life style are WIDE OPEN all supported by the DNCC. The people who create problems and then want us to elect them to supposedly do something about it... All they do, is do so to give them more control over people's every day lives. Other than that, what else does the DNCC platform stand on ? NOT a FRIGGIN THING!
43 2,994 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Saw a cute little Anschutz today Poconojack 04/22/24
Bought a Savage^Anschutz M184 Sporter in the 1970’s. Still with me and a very, very accurate gun.
16 1,937 more...
Re: Today is Earth Day...How are you Celebrating? Huntz 04/22/24
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Like the founder of Earth Day I'm going to kill my girlfriend and stuff her in a trunk and stick her in a closet for a year or two.....

smirk
58 2,952 more...
Page 287 of 596 1 2 285 286 287 288 289 595 596
AX24

54 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.