24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 99C Comment Calhoun 04/22/24
We used to laugh about this 10 years ago.

Mad Dog never believed it would happen.. grin
16 1,252 more...
Marlin 336 Lever Actions Jump to new posts
Re: What is your favorite optic for your marlin? Troutnut 04/22/24
I've got a 2-7 leupold on my 35 and 30-30. Wouldn't complain about a 1.5-5 ×20 either.
17 1,363 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Cowhorn peppers Valsdad 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Never heard of em.

I sure like sashitos.

I had never heard of them either.

Was searching for peppers to grow and ran across the cowhorns. The last jalapenos I grew had all the hot of a green bell pepper. The serranos I grew, well the fugkin woodchuck got them when they were just getting going.

Those peppers are pretty good. I grow them when I find the starts. Of course, I've had as many as 17 different varieties of peppers in a garden some seasons.

Was just talking to my wife about the jalapenos. Seems they were way hotter in the 60's and 70's than today, and much smaller. I told here I honestly believe they've developed milder and larger varieties due to the gain in popularity with the American public.............nacho mania and such. I've never taken a shine to jalapenos, just not a big fan of the taste. Turn them into chipotles and that's a different story.

Serranos have gotten larger, mostly longer too..............either developed that way or maybe it's more inputs in the culture of them in Mexico. Used to mostly be about the size of my little finger, now I see some approaching 4" long.

Can't wait to get warm season veggies going. ...............................That's a couple of months off still.
15 1,054 more...
IC B2
Re: Wife is pregnant- decides she wants an las 04/22/24
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by Calvin
She afraid that the baby will come out black?

Or just from another man.

This is the main reason why a married woman gets an abortion. There could be a chance that the baby could be from another man.

If so, what a terrible predicament.

https://www.adadads.com/videos/49416/unfaithful-wife-interview-kiara/

I read somewhere that statistically 5-10% of babies born to a married couple don't belong to the husband.

Locally, some years ago, a couple turned out a black baby. White husband kicked the alcoholic Native wife to the curb, kept and raised the baby. She turned out great. Beautiful, and, last I heard, some years ago, was holding a 4.0 as a college sophmore.

Would have been a shame to abort that one.

And that friends, is one helluva MAN!
72 7,234 more...
Re: Wife is pregnant- decides she wants an RS308MX 04/22/24
Maybe she made a trade in the nursery.
72 7,234 more...
Re: Warrior on Netflix local_dirt 04/22/24
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Graphic homosexuality

Retarded fight scenes

Every Asian country on the planet playing Chinese characters.

Watched it, wished I hadn’t.

Gruff, thanks for the heads up. I was going to watch it, but i'm gonna have to pass, based on your assessment.
3 434 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: I need Help!(suppressor/gas issue...) MontanaMarine 04/22/24
A technique with no sling or brace,

51 4,583 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker - A Bear Pistol Question: T_Inman 04/22/24
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Have been charged twice--both times on Kodiak Island, by those supposedly less aggressive brown bears. In each instance it was a sow with cubs--both of which "bluff-charged" until their cubs climbed the hill behind her.

That's interesting. I think I have seen you mention that before.
I grew up around Montana and Idaho grizzlies. Been bluffed few times by them, plus once more by an interior mountain griz up north. I also have had several Arctic grizzly encounters on the North Slope but was never really in a situation where I felt threatened by them. The big bears I have seen and been around on Afognak Island and the Penninsula haven't given me any trouble, even when I happened upon them chewing on my elk or caribou, or dragging meat away from camp, which has happened.

I'm not doubting your experience, but am saying that mine has been different.

Regardless, I've been humbled several times by how close a bear can be before realizing they're around...both interior griz and coastal brown bears.
83 12,951 more...
Re: Minnesota DNR Blows Up Illegal Deer Stands Hotrod_Lincoln 04/22/24
Possum cops- - - -they make the azzoles with blue lights and badges who beat up on high school girls look like choirboys by comparison.
27 2,737 more...
Re: Brad Nailer Irving_D 04/22/24
I am not a carpenter but I am a Milwaukee addict and have the 18 volt one. I love it my friend who is a carpenter loved it so much when I loaned it to him bought one. I guess it depends on what cordless tool you already own.
27 1,592 more...
IC B3
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: 41 Magnum- revisited mart 04/22/24
The 41 has long been a favorite of mine. I have a Mountain Gun so chambered and a Ruger Bisley fluted cylinder in 41. Both are wonderfully accurate. I’m selling a few guns to fund some gun projects and the Bisley is one of those projects. Hope to get the barrel clipped to 5.5”, Fermin Garza front sight, action job and I have a set of unfinished Rob Rowan Dall sheep horn grips to be fitted.
67 9,725 more...
Re: Remember the kid with the flag on his truck? Valsdad 04/22/24
Big thumbs up from here.

That's one of those things someone might even quit their job to do if the boss was azzhat enough to not give them the time off.
34 3,451 more...
Re: SUPREMES HIT DEI las 04/22/24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Good post, Fubraski.

Example: You can't find a young white make in any USPS uniform anywhere around me here in Broward or Dade counties.

Can't wait to see how that plays out.

It's the jobs whites/US citizens won't take.
32 2,701 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Canoe's in Alaska atvalaska 04/22/24
I've ran a canoe all over this place grew up running them - alumacraft, on the st Croix, and the kettle on the Minnesota side ...came up here a poor army guy bought a Scanoe.. ran from Dawson to the haul road bridge 1st year !.... fished about every river that flowed into the Yukon... then we dragged it in on snowgo then in the fall hunted back to the hwy.. so much time in one that standing up and fly fishing was a..OK.. had a 3.3 Johnson on it . Later the 19foot grumen 15hp Johnson early 90's.. as all I heard was ..wow greatest thing ever... nimo..slow an runs runs deep with the motor .. and no planning... then I moved to a litt flat bottom jet.... OMG
22 2,905 more...
This is a single-point sling technique,

51 4,583 more...
Re: SUPREMES HIT DEI erikj 04/22/24
Didn't
Earn
It
32 2,701 more...
There's a sling technique you can use to get a lot more stability even without a brace. Basically, pushing the pistol forward against sling tension to tighten everything up.

I've played with it a bit with a AR pistol. With the AR style the buffer tube on the cheek makes another point of contact to help stabilize the whole works.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
51 4,583 more...
Re: SUPREMES HIT DEI antelope_sniper 04/22/24
Originally Posted by BMT
The case really does not address much regarding DEI. It’s a Title 9 sex discrimination case.

It’s only about the level of harm one needs to show in order for the case to move forward.

The court ruled:

There has to be harm. Not significant harm.

BMT

Actually, this is a pretty big deal"

"some harm" under the terms of their employment, AND that harm need not be "material," "substantial" or "serious."
They just made it very easy to sue and win in discrimination cases.

Think of it this way, "I didn't get an interview", is SO HARM, even if not "material," "substantial" or "serious." But now, if you can show the harm was "material," "substantial" or "serious.", your case just became a slam dunk.
32 2,701 more...
Re: Minnesota DNR Blows Up Illegal Deer Stands Rock Chuck 04/22/24
Originally Posted by AB2506
Title of article says Tree Stands, but they're not, they're elevated deer stands on trailers. I'm not sure why they blew them up, rather than just remove them. They left a bloody mess.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/minnesota-dnr-blows-up-tree-stand/
Why does a shooter use tannerite instead of a paper target? Big boys like big bangs whether they work for the DNR or not.
27 2,737 more...
Re: Have you seen this? bosshoff 04/22/24
Trump would be fine. He'd just ask for some volunteers. He would likely end up safer than before.
11 1,148 more...
The Good Old Days EdM 04/22/24
8 1,041 more...
Re: Cowhorn peppers duckcall 04/22/24
I grow Corno Di Toro (horn of the bull) and they are my favorite pepper. Mine are just slightly hotter than a bell, but not as hot as a jalapeno.
15 1,054 more...
Re: Do you wordle?🤣😂🤣 Valsdad 04/22/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What is it?
you don't want to know.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I bet Slummy is a closet Wordler.

Well of course, geno and I wordle ourselves, being part of the braintrust Emeritus
Don't tell them we invented years ago and passed it on to someone who wanted the props for it.
27 1,702 more...
Re: Wife is pregnant- decides she wants an antelope_sniper 04/22/24
Originally Posted by bluefish
It’s his as much as hers. I think men should have a legal say.

Are you sure it's his and not Tyrone's?

I'd say more often than not she knows it's not going to look anything like the husband.
72 7,234 more...
Re: Wife is pregnant- decides she wants an Gooch_McGrundle 04/22/24
Am I the only one that thinks he should thank his lucky stars? Let her do what she wants, confirm success, divorce her, move on. She’s shown her red flag, don’t buy a matching red t-shirt.
72 7,234 more...
Page 339 of 596 1 2 337 338 339 340 341 595 596
AX24

172 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 2UP, 44mc, 3333vl, 308ld, 13 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,779
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.