24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: Quebec KillerBee 04/20/24
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Killer Bee—I was workin on a caribou research project here in NWO when that incident occurred. It was closer to 20,000 caribou that drowned.
There used to be many more French People here locally—originally from Quebec.
I have lived thru 2 previous referendums. Local attitude was indeed ‘Good Bye and Good Riddance’.

I believe that 100% about the "Local attitude" kkahmann.

René Lévesque ran most of Quebec's top-educated French talent out of Quebec when all of the major companies moved to Toronto because of his separatist movement

The best decision I made in my lifetime was to leave that Province. The last straw for me was when they established the Language Police Gestapo to eliminate English signs on storefronts.

I grew up in a French town in Laval, 5 English families, and thousands of French families, and that was during the FLQ Crisis. Had to fight my way out of many situations. Luckily for me, my father was a Golden Gloves Boxer, he taught me how to fight very young. It came in handy and I never lost a fight.

Unfortunately, you do not have a say where you are born, I was just smart enough to get out, and my only regret was not leaving Quebec as soon as I turned 18.
12 1,099 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker Video On Big Bears dogwater 04/20/24
Very good, thanks for posting it
35 4,306 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Retired today!! BamBam 04/20/24
Congratulations on your retirement Enjoy yourself. I keep putting my retirement off , I keep saying I’m making too much money. But I think I might do it in July. I get extra pension credit. We’ll see.
83 4,440 more...
IC B2
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: Do you keep count. Pharmseller 04/20/24
Not a log, but I get a ziploc bag and put the tag, recovered bullet if applicable, buglers, spent brass, and a 5x7 card with short details of the hunt to spur my memory when reminiscing. Kill site photo if I have one. Elk only.

P
77 9,620 more...
Marlin 336 Lever Actions Jump to new posts
Re: What is your favorite optic for your marlin? TBREW401 04/20/24
Originally mounted a 3-9 Leupold, but changed to a 2-7 Leupold much handier
17 1,386 more...
Re: Suggestions for defeating climate change oldtrapper 04/20/24
Very well stated, indeed.
51 2,731 more...
Re: Bill Maher Over The Target las 04/20/24
Bazinga!
31 2,526 more...
Re: Its meme time Jerseyboy 04/20/24
There is a bumper sticker which says "My governor can eat your governor" I used to see on cars here in New Jersey. Chris Christie was and is a worth RINO.
78,273 14,649,721 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Between War German built 1903 Sporter yar 04/20/24
This is a real nice post WW 1 German gunsmith
built Springfield 1903 Sporter. 30-06 .Very nicely made with great wood to metal fit and nice checkering . Nice bore and is very accurate. Come with Japan made Tasco 4x with post and crosshair reticle. Its really nice rifle.

$649.00 shipped from non FFL to FFL in the lower 48.
4 899 more...
Re: Retired today!! TBREW401 04/20/24
Congrats on retiring,, enjoy it.
I retired 12 years ago and often wonder how I ever had time to work.
Remember tho-- get up every day and do something worthwhile
83 4,440 more...
IC B3
Lever Actions - General Jump to new posts
Re: Beretta Lever Guns, anyone here been around one? blackhawk44 04/20/24
Beretta Holding owns A Uberti. Not surprised to finally see their stamp on one.
1 558 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: OELKE X 2 KillerBee 04/20/24
Originally Posted by geedubya
KB,

My memory is not what it once was.

Perhaps it is early onset Sometimer's.

I do not remember having spoke with you in person, and at present do not remember any PM's between you and I.

Perhaps you can refresh my memory with a link to such PM's.

Consequently I do believe I can say in all honesty, that I do not know you.

I have had a couple conversations with the member of whom you degrade. IIRC we have also engaged in PM's on this forum and at least one or two transactions.

In all cases the man's deportment engendered respect.

Whether you or sns2 are gentlemen or reprobates is not germane to any of the threads in this forum that I can recall.

Perchance you may be justly aggrieved, but what does that have to do with the enjoyment of and sharing of the knives we deign to collect?

Once again it is a shame that discord has been chanced upon this forum by you.

Best,

GWB

I just want that lying scumbag off my back, never met him, and I would not know him if I was standing 1 foot away from him. He has been trolling me on other sites for years.

I will be happy to make this gentleman's agreement. He stays away from me I will never post or respond to a single thing he posts, ever again.

I am a man of my word and give it here for all to see.
33 2,801 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Mule Deer and all others.....Sweden Disaster local_dirt 04/20/24
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Wife’s friend was sitting in her seat at 30,000 feet and reached into her purse for something when she realized she forgot to remove her .357 before going through security. 😬

Needless to say she didn’t say a thing to anyone and everyone survived.

This is the reason I have separate bags "with guns and ammo" and "without guns and ammo".

Have heard too many of these types and horror stories.
42 7,663 more...
FS: T/C Encore frame- blued ziagunsmith 04/20/24
I've got a great looking T/C Encore blued receiver frame for sale. Excellent condition; no scratched; no rust; full bluing still intact. $450 includes shipping to addresses in the lower 48 states. Shipping elsewhere is higher. PM me if interested; I can send more pictures if you'd like. Just PM your cell number or email address.
2 391 more...
Re: Suggestions for defeating climate change Rossimp 04/20/24
It’s funny how the climate change discussion never looks at the history of the planet. The carbon dioxide hoax is being fed to the ever unintelligent university student, you know the ones that think Hamas is a fine and dandy governmental body.

Fact is 500 million years ago the atmosphere had close to 6,000 ppm of CO2 when no human intrusion was to blame. 60 million years ago it was around 4,000 ppm. At that point T-Rex was roaming NA and Alberta Canada had a climate similar to South Florida which sustained reptile life very well.

The worst of it all is politicians preach their god complex, really, like they can control the orbits, Milankovitch cycles and solar flare/storms of the universe. It shows the rampant stupidity of the sheep that follow Gore, Kerry and the rest of the rubbish.

Fact is the planet is in decline because of the lack of carbon dioxide which is currently 10 times less (400 ppm) than it was 50 million years ago when plants and trees (fauna) and reptiles dominated the planet.

To be sure the climate changes, but no manmade remedy is going to change that. If man lived 500 million years ago until today he would have needed to survive meteors, insane heat for thousands of years, insane frozen planet for thousands of years, countless earth quakes, countless volcanic activity, continental drift, etc.

Don’t worry the earthlings will cure climate change, all they need is your money, cars and appliances and all will be well.
51 2,731 more...
Re: The French have had enough of being robbed Irving_D 04/20/24
It would be interesting to see the effects of a 17 hmr on a thug. That tiny cartridge does some damage
49 4,641 more...
Re: Michigan get together 12344mag 04/20/24
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
The one that drives a Ford truck, has kool toys and loves Tillamook ice cream... 😁

Yeah but not to much.......we don't want him to feel spoiled......
136 14,408 more...
Re: any watch collectors? clockwork_7mm 04/20/24
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I don't know if I qualify for "collector", but I have:

Patek Philippe 5119J
Omega DeVille Co-Axial Chronometer, stainless steel case/bracelet with date
Frederique Constant quartz with petite second hand
Seiko 5 Sports 55th Anniversary (Bruce Lee) Limited Edition
three Swatches, including the MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon (copy of Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch in Bioceramic)
the Hamilton pocket watch my Great-Grandfather was given when he retired from an oil company in Tulsa, OK in 1946
a few other odd timepieces
Those first three are quite a collection unto themselves.

I'm a fan of Hamilton field watches (wear a Khaki automatic daily) and Seiko divers. Spend most of the summer in a King Turtle special release.
12 951 more...
Re: 21 YO Female University of Chicago student pulls magazine from HoodRat's Gun - Tosses it Direct_Drive 04/20/24
'
Yep, that chick did a very good job, kudos to her !
How she got that mag out, I don't know.
Looked like a cheapo ETS mag and maybe the punk didn't have it locked in.
32 3,212 more...
Re: Most accurate, unbiased news sources. BFaucett 04/20/24
Originally Posted by RUM7
Most accurate, unbiased news sources.

What y'all using as resources?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

website (in English): https://www.radiohc.cu/en

live audio stream: https://icecast.teveo.cu/McW3fLhs

sample: English language news broadcast from Feb 8, 2021:

https://cdn.teveo.cu/media/ny/A4/WCtmm9nJnh8a/artifact/B8zv7pbFCRw6jjhQ.mp3

[Linked Image from crater-outdoors.net]
40 2,585 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: NEW in the Box FILSON Coats Large & Lg. Long AGL4now 04/20/24
I'll go 40% off, plus local sales tax. Till the end of APRIL. They are new in the box with paper work.
6 1,410 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Fish question AKwolverine 04/20/24
Originally Posted by maggie
Fishing the Kenai, mid Sept. I was thinking we had gotten around 30#s of fillets from a 1/2 dozen fish

Easily doable with a half dozen second run Kenai fish.
14 1,650 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Need help & suggestions on a S&W revolver. Dirtdoctor 04/20/24
If the shim fixes the problem, purchase a new strain screw and replace the old one.
22 2,509 more...
Re: Those Nasty Norwegians again ??? 😜 BuckHaggard 04/20/24
They cannot congregate without somebody getting shot or killed, but let's just pretend everything is fine.
17 1,943 more...
Re: Looking for Hoyt Dorado limbs centershot 04/20/24
I used regular ILF limbs on my Dorado. You need to replace the ILF bushing with a sleeve but it's an easy swap. Opens the door for lots of limbs in every weight, length, price and quality range.
3 215 more...
Page 498 of 590 1 2 496 497 498 499 500 589 590
AX24

566 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.