24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Rough day 338reddog 04/20/24
I had that privilege a year and a half ago. Held up pretty well until my daughter requested a dance. She played one of my favorite songs. I lost it. I didn’t know she had it planned.
60 3,811 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: FS: Holsters and Mag Pouches BPCS 04/20/24
ttt
5 726 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Re: Radio on the tractor? wabigoon 04/20/24
Years back it was Iowa Public Radio, and Dallas McGinnes
7 695 more...
IC B2
Re: They won't take "NO!" for an answer! gunzo 04/20/24
All the talk of Remarms leaving NY & over the constraints, taxes & abuse of the state.

A strong feeling here that the union was a bigger factor. The union started bossing the new owners before they could get the lights turned on in NY after their purchase.
42 3,275 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop Houston_2 04/20/24
The $95 billion aid package for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan has passed procedural hurdles in The House and goes forward for the vote this weekend.

WSJ
5,673 454,387 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? Ohio7x57 04/20/24
Retired LEO. My part time job is 2 days a week. They didn’t tell me not to carry, and I’m not asking. I carry every time I work.

Ron
30 2,025 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? Hastings 04/20/24
Crash-Pad: Did you think about the fact that you live on land that has been stolen from someone. Likely stolen several times over the years.

My ancestors were burned out by the British in Scotland long ago and had to go find some land somewhere to live on. They ended up in the SE United States on land which eventually the Indians were forced off of.

Scottish Presbyterians took over the hills of the SE USA

Anyway, I am betting you live on stolen land.
375 28,664 more...
Re: Retired today!! Rustyzipper 04/20/24
Congratulations it has been over five years ago I retired. I miss the people but not the job or admin types. RZ.
83 4,438 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? shootem 04/20/24
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
It's hard to conceal a Browning M2, and they make a lot of people uncomfortable.
Not to mention your helicopter
30 2,025 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? stxhunter 04/20/24
Originally Posted by RAM
When I first started my career there were gun racks in the rear windows of the Co. Trucks. Hell, in high school, there were p/u with guns on Campus. Never an issue.

That is not the World of today.
We had guns in our trucks in high school and also drank beer out in the parking lot during lunch.
30 2,025 more...
IC B3
Re: Cop roughs up an 18 year old female Jackson_Handy 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Karens like Strop and Steevie hate to get out Karened by the cops.

Are you le?

Do you want to know so you can obsess about Jim too?

I don't obsess about anything.

You are clearly obsessed with cops.

I sincerely hope you get them abolished. Posting on an obscure hunting forum will probably help.

No I'm not and no you don't.

You're like listening to Schimmer telling his tale about windows and lights that doesn't narrate video of the incident at all.

I absolutely do hope you achieve your goal. You won't, because all you do is complain. You need to take action. Maybe one day you'll get off you butt.

45k? Lol no wonder.......I'm shocked a dumbazz willing to work for pennies is a retard lol lol. Dude could make more at Walmart hahaa
387 27,183 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop Fubarski 04/20/24
Nothin a liberal loves more, than supportin white people killin each other.
5,673 454,387 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: The Elmer Fudd Society arises from the ‘Fire! 240NMC 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Farmall140
I found a box of 200 gr round nose partitions in a box of reloading stuff I was given. Can I use those out of my JC Higgins 50 for this? The Higgins has a compass in the stock for added guidance

sounds like you have an early 6.5 CM prototype before they integrated the compass into the bullet for self guided accuracy!
271 36,326 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? slumlord 04/20/24
I used to have a gat in my day bag, weren’t supposed to but we had had some crazies all pissed off a few times about their plans not getting stamped. lol

One dude blew his own brains out in our council chambers. Zoning issues can get spicy.
30 2,025 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? gonehuntin 04/20/24
Originally Posted by RAM
Hell, in high school, there were p/u with guns on Campus. Never an issue.

Yep, same at my high school. The beginning of each school year was the beginning of dove season, so lots of students went straight to the fields right after school.
30 2,025 more...
Re: WTB Gray M9A3 Deacon76 04/20/24
Hello
2 318 more...
Re: 26 Barges break loose near Pittsburgh, and damage some bridges AcesNeights 04/20/24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Naw, never seen anything happen that could cause barges to come loose.

Notice anything missing? A little pressure on the winch line to snug things up before we cut loose from the dock and wheeee.

Those are 18-20 inches tall, maybe 10" around, and 3/8 inch steel as I recall. Probably had been on there without an issue for 20 years. When it came off it went wizzing past me at head height, maybe 20 feet at most to my right. That cable would normally be on the back bollard.

Dang. Did you even have time to duck, or was it one of those “ WTF just happened” moments?
SOrt of "POP-twang" when the thing came off and the wire came free. I was maybe 20-30 feet back from it, one of the tug guys was a bit closer but not in line. Guessing because the wire came around the outside of the back barge to that one, it had enough of an angle on it that it got sent into the river and not back onto the barge I was standing on. The tow was almost made up, deck guy had just tightened up the winch, the tug Capt moved us a little, it was a little bouncy from the spill from the dam, and that was it.

I may have been able to duck as I was facing it when it happened, watching the guys on the front barge. It wasn't scheidt yer pants scary...................but close.

Until you’ve seen big stainless cables under such stress that the strike of an axe snaps them like dried spaghetti you can’t appreciate the true strain they can take.
28 2,468 more...
Re: Benelli M1 Super 90 12 g, 28" New, $850 shipped Mohall57 04/20/24
We’re in Huston are you located. My grandson lives friends wood? Might swing this.
15 985 more...
Re: Iran getting lit up in next 24 to 48 hrs? hosfly 04/20/24
Ok so,, after 1000yrs they have mixed their Dna and blood signature, The white race is called what ? (caucasian) after they escaped the caucus mountains, and fled to Europa,The Kazarian's (Babylonians) didnt get to where they are by advertising,, good article tho
375 28,664 more...
Re: Leupold 4.5x14 Coyote10 04/20/24
Will throw in some leupy backcountry 2 piece integrated 30mm rings for an extra 75.

750. Mount and shoot
12 1,181 more...
Re: Retired today!! NoDak 04/20/24
Congratulations sir. Been there for just over 3 years. Grew up on a farm and was working from 8 yo.

Now see if you can get that honey do list taken care of. Mine never seems to get shorter. 🤔
83 4,438 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? RAM 04/20/24
When I first started my career there were gun racks in the rear windows of the Co. Trucks. Hell, in high school, there were p/u with guns on Campus. Never an issue.

30 2,025 more...
Re: Rough day BillyGoatGruff 04/20/24
That’s a rough day, but in the good way.

Congrats to the soon to be newlyweds. I sincerely wish them the best and you and your wife as you navigate this new channel in the river.
60 3,811 more...
Re: Sane students walk out and protest "furries" BALLISTIK 04/20/24
I'm surprised that the school didn't call the law and have all the students detained with force for truancy. Good on those kids and whoever helped them make a stand against the perversion/degeneracy of Society.
35 2,726 more...
Re: Who carries a pistol into their office/jobsite?? stxhunter 04/20/24
I always carry and most of the time my T-shirt rides up over it while I'm working, I have not had anyone complain.
30 2,025 more...
Page 523 of 594 1 2 521 522 523 524 525 593 594
AX24

506 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 45 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,395
Posts18,469,995
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.