24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: "Brush pants" firstcoueswas80 Yesterday at 08:21 AM
I still like Carhartt's the best. Not the most comfortable, but I am ok with that as it keeps the catclaw from my legs.
30 3,783 more...
General Big Game Jump to new posts
Re: Spot and Stalk Southern Alberta Black Bear firstcoueswas80 Yesterday at 08:20 AM
Nice noggin on that guy. Happy for your daughter and you!
28 1,604 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Ancestors in the civil war? SCgman1 Yesterday at 07:41 AM
On my dad's side, my great, great grandfather, my great grandfather and his brother fought in the NC 50th infantry regiment. My great great grandad joined up late in the war in his late 40s and served as a private under his son.
Both ended up POWs in camp in Maryland. All survived.

My mothers family during that era is not as well documented.
91 5,344 more...
IC B2
Re: hardwood floor cut ends question ihookem Yesterday at 07:40 AM
Also important is make sure , like you said to use the better OSB.. If every build another house I will glue and screw the OSB down.. I only glued and nailed down the OSB in my latest house and it squeeks a little . Much of the reason though is cause I have 3/4" maple, and maple moves a lot. I also have stapled up hydronic pex under it to make matters worse.. I still love my hydronic floor heat, straight from the wood boiler. The temp of the water gets very hot though and that will make the wood move more. Screw the OSB down good and glue it too.
21 1,317 more...
Re: May The Fourth Be With You Tomorrow The_Real_Hawkeye Yesterday at 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Morewood
Anybody know when Cinco de Mayo is this year?
By coincidence, it always falls on the fifth of May.
25 1,022 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: The Speer, Hot core bullet Skeezix Yesterday at 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
When was the last time you used a Hornady SST?

Just curious, as the SST (like the Nosler Ballistic Tips) had been "adjusted" over the years. In my experience more recent SSTs penetrate like Spire Point Interlocks. Can provide some statistics from a Texas hunt--partly a doe cull.

It's been about 10 years since I last used a .277", 150gr Hornady SST, and these were on large northern Missouri whitetails (300+ pounds), and were in my .270 Win handloads. Broadside shots were fine, but with quartering shots when bone other than ribs were encountered, they squashed like bugs on a windshield and didn't penetrate very much. Never lost a deer because of them, but had a few incidents where follow-up shots and/or tracking was required.

When the .308", 150gr SST's came out, they were horrible. The first three deer I shot with them, all broadside shots, the SST's failed to penetrate the ribcage. I got lucky and managed to track them down and anchor all three with follow-up shots. I shot up the rest of that box for target practice. Haven't bought any more of them.

I tried some of the .338", 200gr SST's in my .338 RCM on big Missouri deer and found that those are plenty heavily built. In fact, on broadside shots they didn't expand as much as I like, but the deer were DRT in 35 yds or less. I anchored a big buck that our neighbor had wounded (he shot it in the butt with a .243). I got a fleeting, quartering away shot at it as it crossed the end of one of my shooting lanes in a creek bottom, headed into a multi-flora rose and briar hell. I caught it just behind the last rib on left side. Bullet angled forward, shattering off-side front shoulder and exiting. Deer plowed its nose into the ground, DRT. I wouldn't hesitate to use that bullet and load on elk or bear.
73 9,392 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Heads Up: Gerber Knife, $10 from MidwayUSA 7mm_Loco Yesterday at 07:16 AM
is Bucko the lazy version of Buck Owens ?...
22 1,976 more...
Re: Brass for sale tomme boy Yesterday at 07:03 AM
btt..........
2 705 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
stock grip project pabucktail Yesterday at 06:55 AM
pics
0 49 more...
Re: Pressure CX v LRX v TTSX dennisinaz Yesterday at 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
My hope is to use my 9.3 and not need to deploy the 340 but we will see. Weather is chit so i might be delayed getting out

Raghorn is starting the journey to unimak here tomorrow. I have weather reporting duties via inreach. So far it's not looking pretty. Snow....LOL

It was IFR almost all day and when it cleared in town. Old Harbor was socked in. Went trout fishing today. 9 am flight tomorrow...
90 11,002 more...
IC B3
Re: Carpenter / Builder question? steve4102 Yesterday at 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by MD521
A framing square will tell you.
Correct, those numbers on a framing square are there for a reason, but most have no clue how to use them. This is much easier.

27 1,526 more...
Re: Rappers To Make Appearance At President Trump's Birthday Party. slumlord Yesterday at 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by scottf270
You wasn't lying bout Laura Trump. If she plumps her lips anymore, their gonna look like azz cheeks.
Kristi Noem starer kit
5 549 more...
Home country 300_savage Yesterday at 05:36 AM
Reading the pronghorn chapter in my recently purchased copy of Mule Deer's "Hunting the Great Plains." He mentions an antelope encounter near Circle, MT. Growing up 14 miles from there, I found it very interesting. The book, an early one of Mule Deer's, is a very good read!
0 225 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: What causes certain barrels to hit pressure before others Burleyboy Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Is it a tight neck? I had some issues with a 7mm arm gunwerks chambered for me years back. I bought a new lot of brass they had just had Hornady make for them and the necks were too thick for their reamer.

I picked up on the problem right away noting necks didn't expand at all when fired and rounds were a but tough to chamber even with new brass.

I even sent the rifle back to them and Mike said it was fine and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Aaron was cool about it and said he'd personally look into it. Several months later they announced there was an issue with their brass necks being too thick. It was fine if I turned necks but I didn't want to do that for a hunting rifle so I sold it to someone who did at a big loss.

Bb
30 3,354 more...
Re: SSK Encore Prohunter 260 Remington barrel timl Yesterday at 05:06 AM
Sold
7 804 more...
Re: Timney AR Targa Short Two-Stage Trigger timl Yesterday at 05:04 AM
Sold
2 272 more...
Re: WTB 9.3x62mm Brass SafariLife Yesterday at 04:57 AM
Pm sent - new Norma brass
4 302 more...
Re: Latest message from Trudeau Burleyboy Yesterday at 04:39 AM
Really fits him.

Bb
3 548 more...
Re: Shawn Ryan Interviews Legend - Afghan NRF Burleyboy Yesterday at 04:36 AM
Fascinating and frightening conversation. Just more ways Biden sold us out to the Chinese

Bb
6 429 more...
Re: Browning Citori 4 barrel set Jdwithsc Yesterday at 04:14 AM
Browning has a serial number registry you can look up.
8 1,024 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Post war 99-F Featherweight 250I p, 99guy Yesterday at 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 99guy
I had a post mil 250 F just like Roy's offered to me not all that long ago for 1500.

I passed.

I thought it was too nice to hunt with.

No regrets...

Mercy. For the love of all that is holy how could you? That's a giveaway not a sale!

Never saw any use in dogs or guns that can't hunt.

I'm sure whoever has it now appreciates it. At least I hope so.
15 995 more...
Swarovski ATX 65 chachachanng Yesterday at 03:54 AM
Almost brand new. Used twice in the backyard, original box included.

$3000 shipped.
0 145 more...
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Remington 799 Offshoreman Yesterday at 03:52 AM
I had two 798 actions and they appeared as nice as any FN action I had ever seen - heads above the Interarms-Charles Daly-Zastava actions IMHO. Excellent finish, no rounded corners, wavy buffing, etc.
14 1,164 more...
Marlin 336 Lever Actions Jump to new posts
Re: Marlin 336 219 Zipper T_Inman Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Does anyone here have any .219 Zipper reloading stuff for sale? Dies, forming dies or brass?

Please PM me if so.

thx
15 1,527 more...
Re: Custom 700 Remington 338 Borden-Douglas Sakohunter264 Yesterday at 03:47 AM
Here’s a photo of the rifle. Have been looking hard for a Borden Remington stock. Lucked out with the custom 338.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
5 505 more...
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28
AX24

631 members (1minute, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,125
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.