Bigriver; not a gun writer but a fan of the .325 WSM. Having several 8x57s in the house I have always had a good selection of 8mm projectiles on hand. Years ago I was looking to buy an old parker hale in .300 win mag to rebarrel to 8mm round based on the .338 win mag case when the .325 WSM hit the scene. So of course I purchased the a .325 instead. As you have already been told there is not a great selection of 8mm projectiles but there is an adequate selection. I have used the .325 from whitetail doe up to bull eland and it works just dandy. Ranges on game have been 8 yards to 375 yards no worries at all. Hitting silhouettes at the range out to 500 metres / 550 yards no problem. On a trip to South Africa this April / May I took my .325, my tracker told me "that is a strong rifle"

Are there "better" choices than the .325, sure there always is a "better" choice to every calibre. If you do buy one, get a lot of brass (you can always neck up .300 WSM brass), bullets will always be available because our hunting brethren in europe like the 8mm projectiles.

Bigger bullets make bigger holes, bigger holes tend to bleed more, the .325 wsm is flat enough shooting for your stated needs, our friends at Nosler, Barnes, Swift and Woodleigh all make excellent 8mm bullets. If the .325 WSM calls to you buy one load her up and rock on you will not be disappointed.

All the best.
GRF