I haven't made my mind up at all mate . There has been some good points brought up such as the 300wsm with heavier equalling hitting power in as little as 50 to 100 yards witch hasn't fallen on deaf ears , the 270wsm has roughly a 300fps edge over the 270win with a 150grain pill which is what I'd call a real difference and noticeable in the field. I've owned bog standard cals such as the 3006 and yes they do the job but I do like to be a little different from the pack at times I don't see anything wrong with that ??? I haven't experienced feedin trouble with the wsm I currently own and can live with a rifle that is a 3+1 but I'm also listening to these issues that are being raised , other options I am considering are the 35 sambar wildcat or maybe even the 375 ruger if I don't believe it to be a big enough step up in oomph ! , if I found the right rifle I could just go the 338 win mag but I've been there and want to try something new once more... I think your just being alittle presumptuous with your post...