Originally Posted by gerrygoat
The 325 WSM is a good round, I see it working great for those who want a bit more power in something a bit off the beaten path. I was strongly considering buying another 325 WSM to replace a departed one but in the end chose another old friend in the 308 Norma Mag which will be completed this year. A 300 WSM or Win Mag would be more practical but neither would be as fun as either of the more obscure rounds. Along with the 325 WSM look carefully at the 35 Whelen or 9.3x62, both powerful rounds that don't kick too bad but kill well.....

The 308 Norma mag offers major cool factor that the other's don't. As for the 325 WSM, when they first came out Winchester claimed it would make the 300 win mag and 338 win mag obsolete because the 325 WSM shot just as flat as the 300 and had as much knock down energy as the 338 magnum. To me, it's just a short fat 8mm born with a lot of hype and sinking knee deep in bs.... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA