Originally Posted by GRF
Bigriver; I found the 195 grain hornady to be a little too "soft" at .325 wsm velocities when used in the 100-150 yard range, never shot anything with it close in but the results at the aforementioned distances in my mind relegated the 195 grain hornady to the 8x57s in the house. I have killed more game with the .325 than any other calibre, the .25-06 as second. I have had zero feeding issues with the .325.

As riflemen we live in glorious times there are so many opportunities to experiment and try different rifles and calibres. In a restaurant or pub one of my criteria for ordering beer, wine and food is "i haven't had it before". Sometimes experiments becomes favorites, others become I wont do that again. For me the .325 has become a favorite, the .280 AI an I won't do that again, the 6.5x55 and .260 rem are ongoing love affairs. These tend to be personal experiences that may be diametrically opposed to experiences of others. If we were all smart and practical we would have a .30-06, a 12 gauge and a .22 LR and nothing else. We would all drive F150s or Chevy Impalas or Toyota corollas. Where is the fun in that.

Bigriver; enjoy the search for your new "heavier rifle". There are always those driven by the extreme practical, there are some of us driven by hey that looks like fun.

I hope you have a glorious weekend. Happy Independence day to all in the US. GRF

Excellent response. I also have a 325wsm. Bought it as a combination birthday gift to myself, and a tribute to my Dad who hunted most of his life with an 8mm Mauser.
I am still experimenting with mine. So far one Mule deer buck killed with one 180gr TSX.
Complete pass through. Huge damage in boiler room. Zero tracking.
I am currently playing with the 200 gr. Accubond and 200 gr. TSX. Both are showing some promise, with a slight lead by the TSX. I have a great load for the 160gr. TTSX. Blazing speeds. Undecided as to what I'll take hunting this fall.
My rifle is a Winchester Extreme Weather. Great feeding. No issues at all.
Good Luck with whatever you choose!

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.