Originally Posted by Bigriver

Why, especially never having owned a 325 WSM? Just curious and not trying to argue. wink

I suppose I've been sucked into the compact rifle marketing speal and the 325 is the biggest in the wsm range , I've falling in love with the 270wsm , I brought that because it gave quite an edge over the standard 270win especially with the heavier pills and it's lived upto the marketers claims I believe. I want a new rifle that will take me to the edge of comfort, shooting, carrying and hitting power, the 325 seemed like a good start to start asking questions .

You are the OP. It seems you are trying to ask our permission on something you've already decided upon. In the end, it's you that has to be happy. I went through the WSM craze/phase and eventually dumped them all and went back to the old tried and true. If you want a good all around cartridge that's going to get it done, check out the 30-06. It's been around for something like 109 years, so it has a pretty good track record... wink. If you are looking for something different and a little bigger, there's always the 338-06, 35 Whelen, and my favorite, the 9.3x62mm. The short fat case doesn't offer enough good to outweigh the bad as far as I'm concerned. You ask, "the bad"? They don't feed as well and you have less in the magazine over standard cartridges. Some even have a very hard time with a full magazine and getting 1 into the chamber (example: 3+1). I ended up just hunting with 3 rounds in the rifles. I had 2 Winchester model 70's that were that way. I also must add that in your response, "I've falling in love with the 270wsm , I brought that because it gave quite an edge over the standard 270win especially with the heavier pills and it's lived upto the marketers claims I believe", it seems like you are a very long range shooter? The average person will never notice such claims, until after about 500 yards. Up until that mark those 2 cartridges that you are comparing are like "2 peas in a pod". Coming from a person that has BTDT, buy the 325 WSM (you have your mind made up anyway) and report back after using it for a couple years. However, If you have never used standard cartridges, then you have no basis for a comparison though. For my type of hunting/use I got rid of the WSM's because they offered no benefit, and actually shorted me in more ways than 1... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA