Originally Posted by gerrygoat
The 325 WSM is a good round, I see it working great for those who want a bit more power in something a bit off the beaten path. I was strongly considering buying another 325 WSM to replace a departed one but in the end chose another old friend in the 308 Norma Mag which will be completed this year. A 300 WSM or Win Mag would be more practical but neither would be as fun as either of the more obscure rounds. Along with the 325 WSM look carefully at the 35 Whelen or 9.3x62, both powerful rounds that don't kick too bad but kill well.....

Oh Oh...you mentioned a metric on a 'murrican Shootin Forum! eek

It's amazing, the almost hatred for anything 8mm here. I like my 8 Mausers and combos; they kill just fine if one actually takes the time and energy and skill to work in on the game. That's a big part of hunting in my estimation.

Moving on to the 325 WSM I see the same people griping about it and mentioning it's an 8mm. Well...YEAH! It is. So what?

I've grown to like mine quite a bit, but I don't shoot much past 300 yards out of choice and respect for the quarry. A lot can go wrong between me and 300 yards with far greater possibilities after that. The 325 WSM is a good hard hitting round to that range and hits darned hard on in. If it's not your cup of tea, put away your lemons and move on. I particularly have an aversion to the 338. It smacks hard for something with bullets under .375-.410; I've had two and wondered why.

The 325WSM isn't a 338 and never will be. Winchester krappped in the nest on that round by alluding to it being almost a 338. I like it because it isn't a 338 and doesn't jolt me excessively, while it does hammer bigger animals well.

What's my favorite round and rifle? It's a 1936 Model 70 30-06 that is now a bit too heavy for me to cart up our mountains. My very light Kimber 325 WSM isn't too heavy, and it's proven to be my best all around hunting rifle for what, where, and how I now hunt.

I guess the 325WSM is the next generation's 264 Win Mag (or should I call it the 6.5mm Win Belted?). shocked

I like them all to some degree and don't want to step on toes.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”