Here is my take. Not that you guys asked for it.

He killed a lion. Libtards see every lion as Simba or Mufasa and every lioness as Nala (if you're lost, watch the Lion King). So if he would have taken this same lion (13 years old) but it didn't live on a preserve and wasn't collared, just in the wild, whack job animal rights groups that do diddly squat for conservation would still be protesting and harassing him. See the black rhino hunt auction by SCI last year that was completed recently. So if he did something illegally give him his punishment. If he didn't, well maybe he will do better research next time into areas and PH's, and possibly save himself some harassment.

On that note if he is cleared of any wrongdoing, can he legally get any compensation from these hippie animal rights groups for disrupting his business? I'm asking because I don't know all of the legalese for this type of cluster.

Good night and God bless!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29