JorgeI, I saw the Ivan Carter post this morning, as I follow him too. Most of us here seem to know his points and agree.

I can't help noticing that none of the bleating crowd complaining about this lion made any reference to the woman TV producer who was pulled out of a car and killed within the past month, by guess what? These are not pussy cats that one cuddles.

The best review of the facts I have yet seen is by what appears to be a knowledgable local. It is long, but well worth reading:

http://www.africanhunteronline.com

One point made, which I suspect is accurate, is that local park officials may have been on the take and complicit in standing by while the lion (and client) were set up. That would not surprise me at all.

BTW, I was under the impression that back in the early days of Southern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, the lion population was completely wiped out by cattle farmers. Obviously, there are lions there now, but I am not sure what happened. Could conservationists and sportsmen had had anything to do with that? I cannot believe that the government did.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).