Anybody interested in doing a second AR challenge?

This time we can test a different set of skills, but it'll still be a challenge of both the shooter and equipment.

All strings will be shot standing, unsupported. If you want to sling up you can, but you've gotta do it on the clock. The idea is to test your ability to quickly react to a threat, not shoot tiny groups from a super stable position. The target sizes are generous and realistic for a defensive use of your AR.

The starting position for all strings will be with a loaded AR at the low ready position (rifle on safe, finger off the trigger, the buttstock can be tucked into your shoulder but the muzzle has to be lowered to the height of your belt line).

You'll need a shot timer. If you don't have one you can download one for free on a smartphone OR just get a buddy to say "go" and time you with a stopwatch OR count Mississippis in your head while you shoot for all I care, but you really ought to let everyone know if that's how you did it.

I'm not going to be as much of a stickler for the rules as we were for the last competition, mostly because I'm not much of a rules stickler kind of guy. And because these drills are more about getting people out of their comfort zone and trying something that they probably don't do much of.

Take pictures of the targets for each string and tell us about / post a pic of the gun you used.

Scoring

I'll separate scores into Magnified Optics, Non-Magnified Optics (red dots) and Irons.

I'll keep separate lists of winners for each string. So if you can't complete the 50 yards course of fire, submit your times for everything else and then just post your 50 yards times when you can get it done.

After a few weeks (or whenever it looks like everyone that wants to has given it a try) I'll compile the final scores as follows:
The fastest time for each course of fire gets 100 points.
Everyone else is a percentage of that 100 points.
For example:
-If TWR shoots the 50 yard string in 10 seconds and has the fastest time, he gets 100 points.
--If I shoot that 50 yard string in 12 seconds, I get 83 points (10 divided by 12 is .83).
Everyone is graded on a curve, based on the fastest shooter here.

***Scoring like this involves more math, but it evens the playing field for someone who has one really bad string.***

The person with the most points from all three strings "wins".

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling