Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by add
Just an excellent read and formatted to be a very polished piece here DR, thank you for sharing. smile

You are certainly putting the reader "there", which is always the hallmark of a good outdoor writer.

Couple of questions if you don't mind.

How did your body adapt to the local food and water?
What did you bring that you did not use (and wouldn't take along next time)?
And conversely, besides the videographer, anything else you wished to have packed into your gear bags?

Originally Posted by DocRocket
...the second buff gored and tossed my bull, because it's such a rare event that neither of them has ever seen it! If I could have had that on video, it would have been amazing.

Did they give a reason or venture a guess as to that behavior?

Thanks!

Thanks, add... I didn't have any problems with food/water. It was all very clean, and other than my intense dislike for curry, I don't have any fussy's.

I used pretty much everything I packed, and I packed only stuff that veteran hunters agreed needs to come along. As for anything I wish I'd brought... I really need a better camera. The little Kodak point-and-shoot I brought is old and has seen better days. I'd bring one with a slightly better zoom than my current camera.

As for the buff behavior, the goring, etc... we surmised that the bull I killed was the dominant one of that herd of dagga boys, and the next guy in line saw that his nemesis was vulnerable and so took his opportunity to do his best to finish the old boy off. But that's speculation, of course.

This where I quit reading. whistle whistle Good curry is like manna from heaven, and about any rank flesh can make a good curry. laugh

OK, I'll forgive this...please continue. wink

Last edited by luv2safari; 09/09/15.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”