Originally Posted by DocRocket
hatari... I think my best decision on this trip was to hunt alone. Just me, one to one with my PH. It was also my worst decision. I missed having good friends to sit with back at camp at the end of each day. It would've been awesome to have some of you guys there to sip a sundowner with each evening, to share pics and stories with.

My favorite hunting camp of all time is the one I share almost every fall with a bunch of 24HCF members out in Wyoming, hosted by eh76. It's the end-of-day comraderie. It would've been nice to have that on this trip. And I have to say that I missed two people very, very much while I was in Africa: The Redhead, and my youngest daughter. It would have been wonderful to have them there to share this trip with.

However, if they or any of y'all had been there, social obligations would have interfered with writing, and I wouldn't have got my daily diary entries down as I did, and this hunting story/travelogue would never have come about. So there's that side to it.

Bottom line, it happened the way it happened, and the way it was supposed to have happened.

I was just thinking out loud while daydreaming looking at the camp photos..... smile

Hunting with John is like hunting with a mate, which he is now. Great story to enjoy vicariously through the words and pictures.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo