Well DocRocket, I truly hated to read your hunting report and I'll tell you why. I hunted the BVC in 2013 when my scheduled hunt in another area of Zimbabwe was screwed by some government official. My hunt was rescued by the BVC manager, whom I will be indebted to forever. And it is amazing how similar your hunt was to mine and that's why I hated reading about it. I can't get back there and you've just reminded me how incredible it was.

So many things came up as I read your experience with a charging elephant, for example:

"John stopped the car as the bull advanced down the middle of the road toward us. He put the Land Cruiser in reverse gear, but kept his foot on the clutch. He reached into the overhead bin and pulled down his Freedom Arms 454 Casull revolver, which someone posted a pic of here a few weeks ago. He put it out the window and cocked the hammer, and I had to wonder if he really thought that little pistola was going to be of any use in this situation, should things get truly hairy."

Same thing happened to me with my PH. I got a photo as the bull changed his direction after he stopped his charge, didn't think about filming it while it was happening.

You know, there is absolutely no way to describe these hunts accurately, it's like describing the Grand Canyon. Got to see/do it.

I also got an education on the rigors of poaching and the consequences if you get caught. I was introduced to the man in charge of the anti-poaching program but I won't tell you what was said about him. It actually scared me and I've been worked with some really scary men in my work.

I looked at your photos and recognized landmarks. The vegetation, the mopane and the baobob trees, and the dead leaves on the ground make it like stalking on giant corn flakes.

And the numbers and variety of plains game, birds, reptiles, and the baboons. And the kudu were, as you described, incredible.

No, please don't post any more, I'll just lay awake tonight remembering it.